Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps vs Galaxy 20120718

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seeing that Regs is downtown at the Hyatt patiently waiting for a Landycakes autograph, i will take it upon myself to get this going. ;)

Predictions?

Game Notes...

Manufactured Sellout .....

Caps have yet to score vs the galaxy since they joined the MLS.

Outscored 10-0 in three Games.

Caps have 21 GF this year.

Galaxy have scored 18 times since June 1st.

2-2 final

Mattocks and Robson

Landycakes(2)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've heard there's some anger in that the BC taxpayers paid a lot of cash to have BC place renovated and the caps are artificially selling this out in that there's thousands of seats going unsold/unfilled.
LAG are en fuego at the moment. Poor defensively but scoring for fun. We have a much more solid back line than porkland... But Rochat is out suspended iirc and that means Harvey will have to be solid at lb.
I'm going to say Becks finds a way to not play on the turf and we nick all 3 points 2-1 Mattocks and maybe Etienne off the bench?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The people who are complaining about the upper bowl not being open can shove it with walnuts. If they wanted tickets they would have got them before yesterdays sell out. If this game was that huge to them, there wouldn't have been 300 tickets left with less than 24 hours to kick off and would have been sold out as soon as the tickets were released. Ill be enjoying the game at BC Place and for those who are complaining enjoy the game sulking on your couch.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just happened to have the picture readily available eh Regs:)

I like the fact they aren't opening the upperdeck but wouldn't of minded seeing them take the tarps off the lower bowl. In any event I didn't find it any more difficult to find these tickets in my season ticket booklet then any other games so far this year so I am not sure what the fuss is about.

I'll go 2-2 Robson, Hassli and Ladycakes with a pair fead to him by Beckham.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
im putting money down on the galaxy and the most gimme MLB game to pair it with tonight... first game back from a long road trip is death, its muggy as hell in this town right now, and the team looks dead tired...

4-1 Galaxy.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
akslop;Manufactured Sellout .....[/QUOTE said:
55,000 seats and they announce a sellout at 21,000!!! That is possible only in Bobaduzzi's land! Let's create an artificial demand for tickets and keep the ticket prices high instead of trying to bring a lot more people than 21,000 by offering very cheap tickets to season ticket holders (and then charging a lot more casual fans who only wants to see Beckham, Henry, and so on).
I have no idea how Bobaduzzi and the front office keep their jobs!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
55,000 seats and they announce a sellout at 21,000!!! That is possible only in Bobaduzzi's land! Let's create an artificial demand for tickets and keep the ticket prices high instead of trying to bring a lot more people than 21,000 by offering very cheap tickets to season ticket holders (and then charging a lot more casual fans who only wants to see Beckham, Henry, and so on).
I have no idea how Bobaduzzi and the front office keep their jobs!

What other professional sporting event can you go to, where you can get seats right near the field, court, ice or ring for under $80 let alone $80 being the best seats in the house. As a season ticket holder you get a better discount because you have bought tickets in bulk and the savings isnt that much in all honesty and it works like that in every sport. Its obviously not all about ticket sales, if it was the upper bowl would be open and we would have 700 people in a spot for 30,000. And why open everything up when we haven't sold out all the other games this year? Its the same reason why the UFC doesn't do massive stadiums every time because its about the atmosphere not the ticket sales.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
What other professional sporting event can you go to, where you can get seats right near the field, court, ice or ring for under $80 let alone $80 being the best seats in the house. As a season ticket holder you get a better discount because you have bought tickets in bulk and the savings isnt that much in all honesty and it works like that in every sport. Its obviously not all about ticket sales, if it was the upper bowl would be open and we would have 700 people in a spot for 30,000. And why open everything up when we haven't sold out all the other games this year? Its the same reason why the UFC doesn't do massive stadiums every time because its about the atmosphere not the ticket sales.

They're MY Whitecaps, not yours!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
im putting money down on the galaxy and the most gimme MLB game to pair it with tonight... first game back from a long road trip is death, its muggy as hell in this town right now, and the team looks dead tired...

4-1 Galaxy.

Double the Galaxy with SJ......they are on fire right now...........and scoring goals for fun.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The people who are complaining about the upper bowl not being open can shove it with walnuts. If they wanted tickets they would have got them before yesterdays sell out. If this game was that huge to them, there wouldn't have been 300 tickets left with less than 24 hours to kick off and would have been sold out as soon as the tickets were released. Ill be enjoying the game at BC Place and for those who are complaining enjoy the game sulking on your couch.

Well I'm going to completely disagree with you. Everybody was waiting to see if beckham was coming before they made the trek from cloverdale in my case mid week. I for one am up at 5am, and although I have been to 5 games this year including a midweek game(NY redbulls, no stars showed), it's not worth it to me without Becks midweek. Quite frankly I don't care what season ticket holders think, this is an event, a large event and it's being restricted to a small event so we can have what the same atmosphere as always? How the fukc do I get a lock of his hair now?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would of been upset if they opened up the upper bowl but they should of sold the entire lower bowl. Honestly I am not expecting that great of game by the caps they are looking tired.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would of been upset if they opened up the upper bowl but they should of sold the entire lower bowl. Honestly I am not expecting that great of game by the caps they are looking tired.

Whitecaps even do not want to open fully the lower bowl! Have you tried to buy tickets? Last 10-15 days you could buy only single seat tickets at the price of $110 (plus TicketMaster charge). Who wants to buy a single seat ticket? Why would anyone pay $110 for a ticket in a stadium that has 55,000 seats and Whitecaps limit the number of available seats to 21,000? Whitecaps are actually punishing also their season ticket holders and make them pay more for a ticket than what that ticket should really cost!
Why they do not open at least the lower bowl fully?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is why we agree on the lower bowl but to open the whole stadium up to add a few extra Beckham fans ruins the atmosphere for the 20 plus thousand caps fans. There are plenty of seats available for Sundays game which probably will be the better of the two.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unreal that a 37 year old, pretty good player gets so much attention. The Team 1040 has been at it all day. I got tickets for
tonight but truth be told I gave up my season tickets from last year. The reason being if you can't go to a game no one was willing to pay anywhere near face value. Tonight will be fun. 3-1 Galaxy. Beck's goals against Portland were pretty and that he's on form. I still have my rain poncho from the franchise opener and if Keane scores and does a cartwheel followed by gay sommersault I'm gonna throw it at him.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would u need to open the whole upper bowl anyway? cant they just roll up the tarp as per the section of tickets they are selling?

With today's technology and 569 million dollars invested i would think so???

It would be fine if say they sold three sections at center in the upper bowl on both sides with a 6000 plus walk up... Bobby could get back some of the money he lost when Jarju hustled him.

the only winners tonight are the scallpers.. good one Blobbie

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would u need to open the whole upper bowl anyway? cant they just roll up the tarp as per the section of tickets they are selling?

With today's technology and 569 million dollars invested i would think so???

That technology would have cost 570 million and they ran out of money. Also to open up more seats at the last minute probably would mean they would not have enough staff and my long wait for beer would be even longer.

See you all there tonight.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0