Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps vs Galaxy 20120718

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
That technology would have cost 570 million and they ran out of money. Also to open up more seats at the last minute probably would mean they would not have enough staff and my long wait for beer would be even longer.

See you all there tonight.

U wont see me.

no tickets pour moi.

I made arrangements to stay in town to night for the game. i was gonna be one of the walk ups. Oh well.. I ll still stay in town but with a bottle of wild turkey in hand instead of a lock of landycakes curls...

really though i think the caps may have missed a real opportunity here.. Lions are not being supported like they were and this would have been a good time to take a run at that

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Something for the Galaxy stars to aspire to tonight...

Last edited by a moderator:

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeah, max time on LA and SJ tonight... rest of you fcukers can go sprint to ur nearest lotto store and pair the ties and cash in, no doubt...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the topic of opening the upper bowl - you don't have to look very fcuking hard to find the solution. It's called Seattle @ Qwest.

Let's face it, VWFC have yet to prove they understand how to market their product with any consistency or "big league" professionalism. The same people in those leadership positions with the USL version are still in place.

And it shows IMHO.

Attachments

• upper-deck.JPG
    upper-deck.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 110
  • sounders7-9-09 003.jpg
    sounders7-9-09 003.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 113
  • qwest03092011.JPG
    qwest03092011.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 107

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
fcuk me sideways... and SJ is winning too... was it really too much ask that you complete the indignity Landycakes? Fcuk right off...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My thoughts.
1. Loved Robson's hustle and influence on the game
2. Koffie was great save the play he overran allowing Villareal to score
3. Loved Robson getting verbally and physically stuck into GoldenBalls.
4. Is it GoldenBalls that looks like all the dirty hipsters in south main and commercial neighborhoods or do the dirty hipsters in south main and commercial look like GoldenBalls?
5. Saunders is a spaz of the highest order
6. Landycakes was gash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
My thoughts.
4. Is it GoldenBalls that looks like all the dirty hipsters in south main and commercial neighborhoods or do the dirty hipsters in south main and commercial look like GoldenBalls?
6. Landycakes was gash.

you forgot to mention robson from the spot

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
too much success to worry about that number akslop... as for Weber, I'm sure you had him linked to the Canucks... too bad...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought this game was a sell-out?

What was with all the tarps at the top of the last 10 rows on the ends?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
My thoughts.
6. Landycakes was gash.

Well said, did Robbie Keane even touch the ball last night? Guy was non existent out there. Robson had a barn burner and really shut up the doubters (including myself)

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said, did Robbie Keane even touch the ball last night? Guy was non existent out there. Robson had a barn burner and really shut up the doubters (including myself)

Through no fault of Keane's. An unbelievable amount of running off the ball....and intelligent running. The service to him was just gash. Had to be frustrating for him.

Couple of thoughts;

Why do the fans chanting 'Who are ya?' all sound fcuking English?? It's embarrassing....not to mention it's just a stupid chant (sorry SS'ders....I know you're trying)
On that note, is it me or are the SS'ders growing? They seem to have more people joining in....which is nice to see.
TIP: If you really want to impress, get the whole stadium singing the same songs. Wee pockets here and there with megaphones singing different songs doesn't work.

Robson....man of the match by a country fcuking mile. Demands the ball, gets stuck in, a deadly left foot and actually gives a fcuk.
Will be a key signing for the Whitecaps.....even if it was for heart alone.
Harvey got overrun in the 2nd half and both LA goals came from there. Demerit couldn't pass wind. It's shocking to me that he can't complete a pass unless there's no pressure and he knocks it 20 yards across the park.

Kenny Miller will be a great signing.

Freeeeeeeeddddommmmm!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had a great time last night.
My kids and I had fun and it was entertaining.

Give Beckham credit, when they opened up the west coast offense in the last half hour his corners and crosses into the box were deadly.
Say what you want - The guy can knock a fcuking ball.
And he got them on the sheet.
Regardless of the fact the Caps should have done better in the last 20-30 minutes FFS...

Agreed on Keano.
I wanted to see him do more but he got starved all night.

Landon who? :eek:

Robson was awesome and can't wait to see Miller tear new arseholes out of back lines.

FreeeeeeeeddddommmmmForever ;)

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Through no fault of Keane's. An unbelievable amount of running off the ball....and intelligent running. The service to him was just gash. Had to be frustrating for him.

Couple of thoughts;

Why do the fans chanting 'Who are ya?' all sound fcuking English?? It's embarrassing....not to mention it's just a stupid chant (sorry SS'ders....I know you're trying)
On that note, is it me or are the SS'ders growing? They seem to have more people joining in....which is nice to see.
TIP: If you really want to impress, get the whole stadium singing the same songs. Wee pockets here and there with megaphones singing different songs doesn't work.

Robson....man of the match by a country fcuking mile. Demands the ball, gets stuck in, a deadly left foot and actually gives a fcuk.
Will be a key signing for the Whitecaps.....even if it was for heart alone.
Harvey got overrun in the 2nd half and both LA goals came from there. Demerit couldn't pass wind. It's shocking to me that he can't complete a pass unless there's no pressure and he knocks it 20 yards across the park.

Kenny Miller will be a great signing.

Freeeeeeeeddddommmmm!

Demerit didn't have the greatest passing but I thought his tackling and winning balls in the air was very strong. I'm glad Keane wasn't getting the service, cause he is a deadly finisher and a fantastic player. Koffie played well but I don't see how he got man of the match and Robson didn't. The southsiders seem to have been growing and also get joined in by the curva collective, but I personally thought that the "olympic reject" chant was a low blow and quite shocking. Im all for getting in the oppositions kitchen, but not at personal expense of an individual, glad we didn't hear it more. Looking forward to Sunday's tilt vs SJ and the debut of Miller. With Mattock's and Richards speed it should open a lot of options for attacking.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought this game was a sell-out? What was with all the tarps at the top of the last 10 rows on the ends?

That was a sell-out in Bobaduzzi's land! 55,000 seats (lower and upper bowl) of which 27,000 in lower bowl and they call it a sell-out at 21,000 because they capped the number of seats at 21,000!!! Why the hell they did not cap the number of seats to 15,000 seats? They could say they have a sell-out every game! Just fcuking amazing!

I really do not understand how anyone can accept this stupid "intimate soccer atmosphere" Whitecaps are selling now for the two years in a row? It is nothing but an artificial creation of a demand for the tickets and then keeping the price tickets more expensive than they really should be! Did anyone try to buy tickets for the last night's game? In a stadium that has 55,000 seats (and 34,000 not offered at all) you could buy only a single seat tickets at $110 + TicketMaster charge!!!

Whitecaps had around 16,500 season ticket holders during the first MLS year and then lost around 3,000 (2nd MLS year). So, instead of reducing the ticket prices (especially for a season ticket holder) and trying to get as much as possible season ticket holders they keep the price structure (after really bad first season), basically accept the loss of 3,000 season ticket holders but they, of course, keep "an intimate soccer atmosphere"!

John Furlong said (when he was hired) that his job is to put people in those seats at BC Place stadium. I heard him yesterday on Team 1040 talking about the game and he was basically repeating the same story Bobaduzzi was telling a day or two ago. It looks that if you do not agree with Bobaduzzi's philosophy you are gone (remember Barber, anyone!?).

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sour grapes. Why didn't you get tickets a couple of months ago when there were plenty available or buy a game pack that included the LA game? Still tickets available for Sunday should be a good game against the top team in the league. My ticket cost just over 30 dollars and I sit on the 18 yard box 12 or 13 rows up sounds like pretty good value to me. If someone waited to hear if one aging player was going to play before they were willing to buy a ticket I got no sympathy. It's their event and right or wrong they can run it as they see fit.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but complaining about a $110 ticket? All those tickets at that cost are usually center field and the best seats in the house (if they aren't and are in the end zones then I am wrong and disagree with the pricing) Has any one ever tried getting a ticket to a canucks game for under $100 per ticket. Let alone one that is center ice or near the ice or even lower bowl? My tickets are right on the corner flag, 4th row. $19.21 a ticket. Fantastic seats.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0