Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps vs Sounders 20110924

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank God there are no southsiders on this forum...

Time to blow this mutha up in the offseason...

TS should be first to go...

You can only use expansion as an excuse for so long...

But this team has ZERO HEART... and that is not acceptable at this level...

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hahahaha The " Southsiders " are fairly embarrassing .

I thought the Whitecaps had a pretty good first year. I dont think we have had the talent of Hassli up front or Chiumiento in the middle, not in our generation anyways. I know RangerForever and the other old dogs will talk about how they brought their kids to the games in 1979 and it was the best team Vancouver has ever had but in reality this current 2011 team is the highest quality we have had here. They will build off it and get better.

Looking forward to next year

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hahahaha The " Southsiders " are fairly embarrassing .

I thought the Whitecaps had a pretty good first year. I dont think we have had the talent of Hassli up front or Chiumiento in the middle, not in our generation anyways. I know RangerForever and the other old dogs will talk about how they brought their kids to the games in 1979 and it was the best team Vancouver has ever had but in reality this current 2011 team is the highest quality we have had here. They will build off it and get better.

Looking forward to next year

1978-1981- not even close to that standard yet Tim

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couldn't be further from the truth. We had excellent players like Trevor Whymark, Kevin Hector, Willie Johnston, Alan Ball, Ruud Krol. We competed against teams featuring Beckenbauer, Neeskens, Cruyff, Chinaglia, etc. We even had a young Peter Beardsley who went on to star in England. Can you think of anyone in the whole league who could go over there now and star the way he did? The MLS is a work in progress, largely dominated by college kids. It can only get better. TS must go. Someone must be terribly invested in him or he would have gone already.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couldn't be further from the truth. We had excellent players like Trevor Whymark, Kevin Hector, Willie Johnston, Alan Ball, Ruud Krol. We competed against teams featuring Beckenbauer, Neeskens, Cruyff, Chinaglia, etc. We even had a young Peter Beardsley who went on to star in England. Can you think of anyone in the whole league who could go over there now and star the way he did? The MLS is a work in progress, largely dominated by college kids. It can only get better. TS must go. Someone must be terribly invested in him or he would have gone already.

maybe not be as good as beardsley but juan agudelo could well have a good future in europe

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

hahahah quit living in the past grandpa

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Tim, we would forgive you if your statement was even somewhat close to the mark but.....

Bruce Grobbelaar,Franz Thiessen, Dave Watson, and pretty well half the team that represented Canada at the 1986 W Cup.

The current crop has a very long way to go.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

I wasn't in Canada back then, but of course know of the players. Your post Tim is either a pisstake or you are ridiculously off the mark mate. If you do truly believe that this is the best talent that has been in Vancouver, I am astonished that you are not more jaded given what the current crop puts out onto the park.....then again, perhaps you just don't know better. If that's the case, I can quietly feel sorry for you and you can pray for better days.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rudy Krol was the Captain of the "World 11" following the World Cup in Argentina.
I hope that we are not comparing the quality of a Krol, to that of a Jay DeMerit.
Bruce Grobbelaar won every possible trophy with Liverpool.
Peter Beardsley went on to be a big player in England with Newcastle, Liverpool and England.
Alan Ball was a "World Cup Winner.
Trevor Whymark was an England International.
Roger Kenyon also an England player, as well as one of the best centre backs in England.
Kevin Hector, and International with England.
Willie Johnson, Scottish International.

There is no comparison from that team to this one that we have now.
If anyone think's so, they either have no clue about the game or need to give their head a shake.

The MLS is a good League, but let's not get carried away with all of the media hoopla.
The NASL was much better in entertainment and in quality.
Look at the players that were in the other teams then.
Pele, Franz,Best,Cruyff,Krol.

It was only after the League folded, did people relize how good it was, they were the first League in the World to put the names of player's on the backs of the shirts.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rudy Krol was the Captain of the "World 11" following the World Cup in Argentina.
I hope that we are not comparing the quality of a Krol, to that of a Jay DeMerit.
Peter Beardsley went on to be a big player in England with Newcastle, Liverpool and England.
Roger Kenyon also an England player, as well as one of the best centre backs in England.

If anyone think's so, they either have no clue about the game or need to give their head a shake.

The MLS is a good League, but let's not get carried away with all of the media hoopla.

It was only after the League folded, did people relize how good it was, they were the first League in the World to put the names of player's on the backs of the shirts.

one good way to put it is that i wasn't alive during the times these guys played but i knew who every single player you listed here is, as do most soccer fans around the world. None of these current vancouver names will carry on after they retire outside of Vancouver anyways. Except maybe Hassli for his goal and that's it.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

hahah damn hard to argue when its laid out like that. I don't do this often but you may have a point. I guess I meant in my generation, since that team .

Sure names like Pele, Franz,Best,Cruyff,Krol are casually impressive to the british ear but buddy we have guy named David Fukcing Beckham in the MLS. This one I stand tough on , Beckham>Pele, Franz,Best,Cruyff,Krol...........right?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hahah damn hard to argue when its laid out like that. I don't do this often but you may have a point. I guess I meant in my generation, since that team .

Sure names like Pele, Franz,Best,Cruyff,Krol are casually impressive to the british ear but buddy we have guy named David Fukcing Beckham in the MLS. This one I stand tough on , Beckham>Pele, Franz,Best,Cruyff,Krol...........right?

I can't believe I'm the first to bite, but surely, you have to be fist fcuking us. I only ask because your first statement on the topic was so far offside it was laughable.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I laugh when I read this thread because really the old guard is right. We used to have world class...now we have Jar Jar Binks...

For the love of God close this thread... :D

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe I'm the first to bite, but surely, you have to be fist fcuking us. I only ask because your first statement on the topic was so far offside it was laughable.

I knew the dude would be the first one to nibble. You dont think pele franz best and cryuff were better players than the BECKS do you? Sure they were very marketable and sold jerseys, but skill wise on the field, THE BECKS rules all!!!!

so I take it you found your car?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0