Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps willing to finance National Training Centre in Tynehead Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Vancouver Whitecaps are ready to build a soccer facility in Surrey styled on those of Arsenal and Chelsea in England, if they can strike a deal with the city.

Whitecaps president Bob Lenarduzzi has sent Surrey council a document outlining the club's proposal for a national training facility.

Lenarduzzi is responding to a proposal by Surrey Councillor Tom Gill to create a Soccer City in the eastern portion of Tynehead Regional Park.

The soccer club has been looking for a site to build a national training centre for the past four years and is touting its latest blueprint as one that would "rival any of its kind in North America."

The ambitious plans would require 20 acres of land in the 300-acre park and call for a total of six fields -- four natural grass and two synthetic, one with a removable dome to ensure year-round playing time.

The plans also include a "world-class" physiotherapy and sports psychology clinic, and a training centre with players' lounge, restaurant and kitchen facilities and locker rooms complete with sauna and fitness and training rooms.

"We're prepared to come in and make the investment and build the fields and the clubhouse," Lenarduzzi said, adding the club is looking to partner with a city that can come up with "a favourable lease."

Full article here - The BC Soccer Web

I'm probably not the only one that thinks this would be an awesome idea, even though I'd probably never get to play on it. What does everyone else think?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantastic stuff. I sure hope the powers that be can see the light and get it done. Kerfoot seems intent on making the Whitecaps and local soccer a force.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does it mention that if they build this they will NOT build the new Stadium Downtown,,,

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No fun Vancouver will some how make this NOT happen. this place is such a joke maybe if it was Toronto this would all happen.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does it mention that if they build this they will NOT build the new Stadium Downtown,,,

Are you serious? Where did you hear that.

I think this is great to, but I sure hope not at the expense of the stadium.

No kidding Vancouver...see the light.:rolleyes:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have this bad feeling that it's going to get shot down. From what I've heard most people approve of the idea, but most of the people that matter don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts