Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who do you start?

who starts?

• Marty

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Marc andre

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Votes: 26 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Marty Screwed the POOCH with his luongoesque type puck handling against the americans ...

If you were the coach... who do u start vs zeeeeeeeeeee germans?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Broduer cost Canada the game plain and simple. He shouldn't play again.

Well they're at it, Corey Perry should be sent home for simply not trying hard enough.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perry, Thorton and Pronger should be playing co-ed :rolleyes:

When Perry and Stal collided, did you see the look Stal gave Perry? Didn't look like they were friends very much :D

Brodeur seemed to be flopping around way too much.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Won't matter who we fcukin' start unless the boys in front realize it's hockey not figure skating they are playing.

For the team that is the biggest, fastest, strongest in the tournament we are second every night when it comes to hits, heart and emotion - almost embarrasing being there last night:mad:

It pains me to say this but I loved the way the USA played - Backes and Callahan are unreal - we need more lunch-box type guys like that.

Too many pretty-boys and not enough roll players.

WAKE THE FCUK UP!!!

Wazza10

Jan 21, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Won't matter who we fcukin' start unless the boys in front realize it's hockey not figure skating they are playing.

For the team that is the biggest, fastest, strongest in the tournament we are second every night when it comes to hits, heart and emotion - almost embarrasing being there last night:mad:

It pains me to say this but I loved the way the USA played - Backes and Callahan are unreal - we need more lunch-box type guys like that.

Too many pretty-boys and not enough roll players.

WAKE THE FCUK UP!!!

Thats as simple as it can get.

The only players I thought performed well were Nash who showed heart and effort, Toews was good, Neidermayer and Duncan Keith who had an exceptionally well game. Pronger, for his size and strength, should have been man handling those americans but it seemed like he was lost, what a joke.

I say Lou has to get the start, i wouldnt mind Fleury either who has proven himself to be a big game performer.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Joe Thorton is playing like he always does in these situation. Has anybody ever seen this guy deliver in the playoffs? The guy just isn't crazy emotional and competitive, so he can't raise his game. Crosby played 13 minutes WTF? Here on out we need to start playing for real and stop rolling the line. I want to see more out of Nash personally, and sorry to say but would Burrows not be looking fantastic on our team right now, exactly the types of guys we are missing.

Marty has been outplayed two games in a row, not a lot of really weak goals but never the less he sure isn't making the big saves. Russia after Germany, jesus making life difficult for ourselves aren't we.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Marty is not the problem. The team in front of the goaltender is not getting it done. I believe Marty stopped 2 or 3 breakaway chances near the end of the 2nd period.

Then we go and spend almost 8 minutes at the beginning of the 3rd period in the box, Perry is colorblind and doesn't know who to hit, and Pronger is a phylon.

The Americans wanted it more.....Kesler outworks Perry and scores a great empty netter. Are you kidding me?

Back to Canadian basics....heart, desire, commitment, work ethic and the skill will show through, but until then you can put whoever you want in net.

But, I'd go with Marty. Marty wins big games. Bobby Lu has won nothing, and the last time a game meant anything it was 7 past Bobby Lu. Regardless, no Canadian Gold in Men's hockey and the festivities in the downtown will be dampened.

Onto the ZeeGermans, and then Russia. What a potential quarterfinal matchup?!?!

Gilly
Gilly

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As usual Gilly

Spot on man.

They wanted it more and we have way too many passengers.

Yes Marty could be better but bottom line here is people like Thorton and Pronger were awful

I still believe but it's time for the boys to step on the gas and get it in gear.

Full Tilt Boogie.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was curious, and dead tired after walking a zillion kilometers yesterday morning and early aft downtown, so I counted to confirm my suspicions... Based on some stuff I used to do when coaching and selecting teams once I had just finished my playing career. (I have coached a few Bantam and Midget AAA Teams and select teams featuring some now NHL'ers and lots of guys still playing in the ECHL, AHL and overseas)

Thornton and Marleau (Two guys that have piled up points, vip awards etc but never have won anything....)

Thornton:
Missed oppotuinites to finish a check: 8
Lost Battles on boards for loose pucks: 10
Lost races to loose pucks: 6 (a high number for a centre!)
Turnovers: 7
Marleau:
Missed oppotuinites to finish a check: 9
Lost Battles on boards for loose pucks: 7
Lost races to loose pucks: 8
Turnovers: 4

To add:
Pronger was lost, two of the goals were a result of him losing his man on the back door of a play...
Brodeur: was simply trying too hard... he fought the puck all night long and erred too often in trying to play like Marty Turco does... he is good, but not that good with the puck. Luongo HAS to start the remainder of the games. Even though he hasn't won anything (How long did he play in FLA?!) The mental aspect of having him behind the team could prove to be a valuable spark.

I have never understood them bringing Thornton and Marleau. I would have rather seen them bring two of the three stars from the Bolts. LeCavalier and St. Louis have won cups and Stamkos is simply lighting it up...

Also the coaching has me shaking/scratching my head. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians... why didn't Babcock just bring his Wings Assistants? Why do we need 4 NHL Head coaches over analyzing everything.

The fact that Iginla and Crosby get limited ice time when the two of them and Nash are clearly our best high ipact forwards in favor of that "Shark Line" is mind boggling at best.

I stand corrected on Doughty, he played a hell of a game yesterday. He has been the best D man on the team, his turnover in the Swiss game not included. Weber, Seabrook, Keith, and Doughty have been WAY better than Niedermayer, Pronger, and Boyle.

They CAN turn it around, they are by no means down for the count, but some things need changing, chief among them being Thornton and Marleau getting scaled WAY back to jus second string PP duties if at all...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moslon Hockey House was awesome last night. Being at work right now not so much. Gotta go with Bobby Lu for the next start, Brodeur is just not getting it done. Yes the team in front of him isn't playing so well but you gotta make the big save and he's not.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard Erhoff was telling the German players Loungo's weaknesses, now they need to figure out how to get O'brien and Bieska to play for Canada.

Gotta give Loungo the chance but I am concerned he may choke against the Russians. Hopefully Nabokov does the same.

rich2

Oct 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
well said gilly, luongo has proved that he can choke when you need him the most. if marty is not the man then it should be fleury. but goaltending is not the problem so far.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brodeur = 2 out of possible 6 points (6 goals against)

luongo = 3 out of possible 3 points (zero goals against)

Brodeur turns 38 in 3 months (oldest in tournament?) and has won nothing in the past few years with the devils.

its louie's house ! cant write a better script then that...

Get het him back in the grove vs germany

also Lou has been solid against russian snipers through out his carrier

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brodeur = 2 out of possible 6 points (6 goals against)

luongo = 3 out of possible 3 points (zero goals against)

Brodeur turns 38 in 3 months (oldest in tournament?) and has won nothing in the past few years with the devils.

its louie's house ! cant write a better script then that...

Get het him back in the grove vs germany

also Lou has been solid against russian snipers through out his carrier

Totally agree, not to mention Brodeur has been lighten up in recent playoff years. As Canadians we get blinded by rings and don't see what guys are doing now. What has Hillar(sp) and Millar won, nothing but they both outplayed Marty in this tourny. Same reason Pronger and neidermeyer are here because of the past accomplishments, I don't see them performing presently. I also don't think Sidney Crosby, Nash, Getzlaf etc need an old man to lead them because they have past experience.

Still time and maybe the old boys will step it up but just like the NHL it's younger players who are owning this game now, ****ing embrace it and stop being dinasaurs respecting these guys for their name on the back. Go with who is hot and we will still win this thing. No wonder the BCPL didn't go through Coach and Gilly want to play in their sand box with Marty, pronger and Neidermeyer as the game passes them by..:D

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Roberto chokes every time?:rolleyes:……. Give me a break, obviously some of you guys forget who helped win the 2004 World Cup, who won a World Championship in Prague, I know they aren’t Stanley Cups, but come on, he played in a big semi final game in Toronto where he won that game 2-1 in overtime (I was there to witness it)…. If we were to just remember the Chicago game, then you should also remember what happened to Marty vs Carolina…..

I still think Marty is a heck of goalie but he didn’t look right last night and we can’t afford to let him try to find his game…..

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
loooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Gilly and coach this should go good with the acid u guys dropped this morning

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
stare at the above for 30 seconds and u will see an image of roberto with a gold medal around his neck

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0