Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who will light the Flame?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all only speculation but i think it's pretty f'ing cool that they've kept it a secret for the whole time! I hate spoilers, and when this will only come once in my lifetime, i want it to be memorable.

I agree, the whole secrecy thing is awesome. It would be wicked to somehow incorporate everyone we've been speculating, and a flaming hockey puck shot by Gretzky (or Orr) to light it would be awesome. Even if Polska was joking about that, very cool idea.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is an article in the province today that speculates the crowd will wear white cloaks :eek: and they will project an image of Terry Fox on the crowd. With Bobby Orr etc in there somewhere.

It's all only speculation but i think it's pretty f'ing cool that they've kept it a secret for the whole time! I hate spoilers, and when this will only come once in my lifetime, i want it to be memorable.

It has leaked that its going to be Betty Fox passing it to a hologram of her son Terry. His projection will do 1 lap of bc place and them somehow light the olympic flame and open the games. This will be pretty amazing if they do this right.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It has leaked that its going to be Betty Fox passing it to a hologram of her son Terry. His projection will do 1 lap of bc place and them somehow light the olympic flame and open the games. This will be pretty amazing if they do this right.

Not sure how they are going to have a Hologram light a real flame but if they pull it off, it would be unreal.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Olympic snub has Bailey fuming

Former gold medal winner one of several overlooked

By STEVE SIMMONS, QMI Agency

VANCOUVER - Olympic champion Donovan Bailey is the latest - and maybe greatest - Canadian athlete to feel snubbed by the Vancouver Organizing Committee and the Canadian Olympic Committee.

And he’s not the least bit happy about it.

Bailey, the double gold medal winner from the 1996 Olympics, was not asked to participate in the torch relay, not asked to participate in the Opening Ceremony and not invited to the Games by any official group.

“People keep asking me ‘What’s your role?’ and I don’t know what to answer,” said Bailey. “I haven’t gotten a phone call from anybody. My office wasn’t gotten a call. My lawyers haven’t gotten a call. Nobody. I figured I’d get call asking ‘Would you like to participate and how would you like to participate?’

“Am I mad? I wouldn’t say mad, but I don’t understand. They must have their reasons, but what would there reasons be? I’m blackballed for a reason but I can’t understand why. I have no idea how this happens. It’s nameless, faceless people who make the decision. I cannot point the finger and I won’t.

“Honest, I expected to get a call. Why wouldn’t I expect? When they say Olympics in Canada, I don’t care if it’s summer, winter, spring, fall, I expect to get a call. I’ve represented Canada all over the world.

“I guess I can’t represent Canada in Canada.”

Bailey isn’t simply put off by the Olympic snub he received. He is even more upset about the snubbing of Kerrin Lee-Gartner, the downhill gold medal winner in 1992, who was someone left off the Olympic list.

“That’s preposterous,” said Bailey, when asked about Lee-Gartner. “This is a slap in the face to her. How do you leave her off, one of the greatest Olympians. I won the (big) event of the Summer Olympics. She won the big one for Winter. You know how big that is?”

What bothers Bailey most about his own situation is how often he is asked to make appearances around the world and how this event will pass without any kind of participation.

“Last year someone ran a poll about who should light the flame,” said Bailey. “My name was one of the names on the list. At least the public recognized that.” Bailey did say he will watch Friday night’s Opening Ceremony. “I love the Olympics,” he said. “I just love some of the people involved.”

What do you guys think? Obviously no one would expect him to be lighting the flame, but I do think he should have had a chance to carry the flame at some point. Then again, with Matt Laurer of NBC carrying it, I can see why Donovan was left out.:rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definately way to many non-canadians carrying the torch to leave him out.

On a side note, anyone seen the Luge accident yet? Guy lost control and shot himself off the track.
Luger hurt at Whistler

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Marc Emery is lighting it...with a joint...what better representation of the best of BC than the Prince of Pot?? :D

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Imagine if you will the greatest sesh ever in Vancouver...hundreds of thousands puffing, puffing and then passing...god it's beautiful imagery!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0