Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who's coaching the Coquitlam Metro women's soccer team next season?

tracksoccer

Apr 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was a posting earlier this year regarding a paid coaching position for the Coquitlam Metro Ford Premier women’s soccer team.

There were applications being entertained from current coaches in the premier league and also from the PCSL as well. It will be interesting to monitor and observe the dynamics, as the team has been pretty close with their current coach.

Will other coaches in the Premier division start demanding to get paid. The league is suppose to be an amateur not a “pro” league. Will the club release the name at the end of provincials or at the beginning of the season?

It should create an interesting blogs in the new season.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually most coaches at the Metro level throughout the lower mainland are recieving money for the time the put in for this high level of pay.

Also, most Clubs have paid coaches to run sessions for all levels of teams and help with coach education.

I think it is the only way we can go if we want the best for our young players.

hos

tracksoccer

Apr 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually most coaches at the Metro level throughout the lower mainland are recieving money for the time the put in for this high level of pay.

Also, most Clubs have paid coaches to run sessions for all levels of teams and help with coach education.

I think it is the only way we can go if we want the best for our young players.

hos
I totally agree with your statement and fully support it. However, it is a slap in the face that the current coach has been there for a long time, at least a few years. He has done it for the love of the sport and the team as well.

I still think that he should get some sort of allowance for the past year, possibly two.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just looked at the CMFSC web-site and noticed that Donn Sparks has been named the womens coach. Says that he's a former college and university player and also played for Jamaican U-23 national team. Also coached on the North Shore, Whitecaps, Langara, and Provincial programs. Anyone familiar with him?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0