Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who's Got the Best Fries?

Who's Got the Best Fries?

• Wendy's

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • KFC

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Harvey's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Burger King

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • McDonald's

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • A & W

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Dairy Queen

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of the major fast food outlets, who's got the best fries?

Wendy's
  • Dave's got a good shot at being the best. Great taste, good mix of textures (crunchy and soft), and possibly the thickest cuts available. Unfortunately, it's high factor for heat loss results in fast cooling and could count against it.
KFC
  • Again, good texture -- it's almost as if they dip their fries in batter before cooking them. They've got excellent flavour, but may be a bit greasy for some. Definitely an underrated fry -- likely due to the fact that they're over-shadowed by the chicken.
Harvey's
  • The dark horse. Access to Harvey remains limited to Home Depot shoppers, or so it seems. I've got no idea how they'll fair in this poll.
Burger King
  • I wouldn't be surprised to discover that BK and KFC buy their fries from the same distributor. I don't know if this is, in fact, the case, but it's likely that their flavour is distinguished merely by the main course accompanying them (beef vs. chicken).
McDonald's
  • The Granddaddy of them all. If you're lucky and get a fresh batch, it's like winning on a scratch & win. They don't have the "girth" of a Wendy's fry, but they're given just the right amount of TLC and salt. Aside from the knock against their size, they did suffer from that bit on Supersize This, where they were found to be mold-less even after 10 weeks. Scary (but tasty) stuff.
A & W
  • These could be good, but I couldn't tell you. After you buy a burger from this place, you won't have any money left to afford the fries to go with it.
Dairy Queen
  • They have fries? From my wife's behaviour, I figured they've only got Blizzards.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
McDonald's hands down....although the fact that not even mold would attach itself to the fry scares me :(

But I eat them anyways... :D

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
why is wendy's salt in the salt shakers on the tables much coarser than the salt you get packaged at the drive thru??
......nice thread keep :rolleyes:

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out of the choices offered, Rotten Ronnies is by far the better choice. However, the best places to get fries are from the fish n' chippy shops! Nothing like malt viniger and fries...:bronco:

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where is Fritz's Fry House and Late night Putine on this pole.

THERE IS ONLY ONE FRITZ's FRY HOUSE...........OOONNE .......FRITZ's FRYYYYYYYYY HOUSE!!!!!

sam1

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dinos steak fries .... and cheese baked meat sauce lasagne.... and bbq beef ribs.... (drool) :p gotta run!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Screw the fast food places.....

Belgian Fries on the Drive. Just a notch up from New York Fries, but man, if I've got to go by a cholesterol OD, that's the place to do it at.

Malt vinegar, mayo, hot sauces, you name it...

Trece

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
A & W
  • These could be good, but I couldn't tell you. After you buy a burger from this place, you won't have any money left to afford the fries to go with it.
list]

Frankly, I'm embarassed to be posting under this category at all......but I love a good freedom fry as much as the next guy.
Knowing Keeper a little too well this doesn't surprise me at all.....especially the quoted bit above. Maybe if you got a fulltime job you wouldn' be bankrupted by a Teen Burger. Cheap ass! ;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notcher said:
Knowing Keeper a little too well this doesn't surprise me at all.....especially the quoted bit above. Maybe if you got a fulltime job you wouldn' be bankrupted by a Teen Burger. Cheap ass! ;)
Renting still working for you, Notch? ;)

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
sam1 said:
dinos steak fries .... and cheese baked meat sauce lasagne.... and bbq beef ribs.... (drool) :p gotta run!
dinos in port coquitlam= maybe the best kept secret in the lower mainland....unreal food

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts