Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will the Whitecaps win their home playoff game?

• Yes, but who cares

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, but I don't really care anyways

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So they lost last night 2-0... What do you think their chances are in going to the next round? Slim? None?

Do TTPers even care (I get the feeling the answer is no)?

~TB.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have an opinion on this you'll be surprised to hear.....

I'd like them to win if only because there are a few local lads on the side and, since they have clearly done little to fulfill their childhood dreams of playing at professional level, it would be unkind not to wish them the very best of luck winning a trophy or two in their little league. Coupled with the fact they'll undoubtedly be playing against yanks I hope the Whitecaps win by a landslide.

Speaking of the Whitecaps (you were weren't you?), while at Stamford Bridge on Sunday to see the glorious 'boro salvage a valuable London point against the blue swine, 'Blue is the colour' came on the tannoy. All of a sudden I was transported back to the good auld days of ver 'Caps, back in the days when men were men, women were women, and footballers had perms. In fact, I was still miles away reminiscing about simpler times gone by when Boksic scored his injury time pk and I was almost lynched by a pack of hungry, rabid, inbred Londoners when I vociferously suggested that a 'boro point was indeed a very good thing by jumping up and down shouting 'yes! yes!'. How anyone who can fork out £35 for a ticket yet considers himself a hooligan is beyond me.

Go Caps Go.

simon

Aug 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
great game!

4-1 for the good guys.

and what a game it was. we got 2 very early goals to level the aggregate only to let in a stinker midway thru the first half. they scored, it appeared, directly from a corner. I mean, i dont think anyone touched as it curled into the lower far corner.

but another weird on for us just b4 half made it 3-1.

we had 3 real good chances in the 2nd half but waited until the 44:45 mark to get the 4th. Sulentic could have crossed it in from the corner of the 18, but instead put it on net. right at the keeper who kindly let it slip thru his hands, off the post, and in.

crowd goes nuts, ref blows whistle, pandamonium behind the very generous visiting keeper. flares+security+all the whitecaps=whatthehellletthemhavesomefun.

what was funny though was seeing the crowd storm the field and hear from the booth "please stay off the playing surface" and 5 seconds later..."this is a great moment in Vancouver soccer history!"

anyway, great finish to a game dominated by us.

simon

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Impressive

Thanks Simon,

I spent the last 20 minutes surfing around the net trying to find a fcuking score since TheTeam was airing the Giants game instead (at least when I turned on the radio it was... what the hell is up with that?)... figures this would be the first place to find it :D

Who scored the first 3?

~TB

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver goalscorers were:

Steve Kindel
John Sulentic (2)
Darren Tilley

San Diego's goal was scored by Chugger Adair. Remember him?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Chugger

First thing I thought of when I saw that name in the paper this morning was you Sensei :D Didn't you once use Chugger as a username way back when?

~TB.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Star

Well, I'm glad that the Whitecaps star came through when it counted.....like he's done for his real team so many times before.;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rather, will the Whitecaps be able to keep the score close enough, so that they can come back in Hershey?

Umm . . . no.

Keeperwhowasverydisapointedtohearthe4-0score

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They fell ov- a , they fell ov - a.

It looked like a solid lumping. I guess some of the local Metro teams will be happy with the result, as they will be receiving a few 'Caps sooner than they hoped......

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Faster, smarter...better.

Hershey were the superior team no doubt. It was almost as if their coach scouted the Caps and had a game plan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0