Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Women's Open] 2006 Provincial Cup Draw & Results - Congrats Slurrey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the draw occurred last night. Looks like poco is playing gordon head AWAY. Fcuk, this just sucks. Can't wait to go play on a gravel field over there. Apparently the island soccer organization requested all games be played on the mainland as they had no fields to provide for cup games. I guess we lucked out and they found a cow pasture for us to play on. So excited to sit on a ferry at 7am sunday morning.
Lionheart

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Premier] Prediction, Results & Banter - March & April 2006

Lionheart,

That sucks about having to go play on the island. Have you heard about any of the other games? I have no idea who we play but am crossing my fingers that we don't have to go play on the island. Good luck this weekend.

WW

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

WOMEN'S PROVINCIAL A CUP - OPEN AGE

LIWSA holds 4 seeds to this Provincial Cup and are allocated as follows:

#1 - 1st in League (Gordon Head - Williams)
#2 - 2nd in League (Castaways FC)
#3 - 3rd in League (Gorge United)
#4 - 4th in League (Gordon Head - Logan)
#5 - 5th in League (Prospect Lake)

Gordon Head - Logan (home)
vs Port Coquitlam Premier

Sunday, April 9th
12:00 pm Kick-off
Finlayson Turf

Prospect Lake (home)
vs Castaways

Saturday, April 8th
Royal Athletic Park

North Vancouver (home)
vs Gorge United

Sunday, April 9th
TIME AND LOCATION TO BE DETERMINED

Gordon Head - Williams
vs BYE

** Plays the winner of Logan vs Port Coquitlam April 22/23rd weekend**

Lionheart, if you guys win you most likely get to go to the island again. Lucky you!!:D

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

What does the next round look like? How do Surrey, Coquitlam and UBC get slotted in? Does one of them get a bye right into the semi-finals?

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fat Bastard said:
What does the next round look like? How do Surrey, Coquitlam and UBC get slotted in? Does one of them get a bye right into the semi-finals?
No kidding - I guess WW got that off of the Island League website - what about the Vancouver teams?:confused:

Judging by what WW has posted, I assume that Richmond and Westside will also face each other with UBC, SU, and Coquitlam playing the winners of the all-Island game, the Norvan game and the Westside-Richmond game - although I'm not sure which plays which. Perhaps someone who was there last night could help us out?

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Welcome Wagon said:
WOMEN'S PROVINCIAL A CUP - OPEN AGE
Gordon Head - Logan (home)
vs Port Coquitlam Premier

Sunday, April 9th
Finlayson Turf

Prospect Lake (home)
vs Castaways

Saturday, April 8th
Royal Athletic Park

North Vancouver (home)
vs Gorge United

Sunday, April 9th
TIME AND LOCATION TO BE DETERMINED

Gordon Head - Williams
vs BYE

** Plays the winner of Logan vs Port Coquitlam April 22/23rd weekend**
So I got the deets on the other first round games and the quarterfinal draw from my own sources. Here it is:

Round 1
Games above plus
Westside FC vs Richmond Selects (as I suspected - but not sure who has the home field)

Round 2/Quarterfinals (April 22/23)
Winner of Westside-Richmond
@ Sporstown UBC Alumni/Surrey FC (or whatever they are now ;) )

Winner of Prospect Lake-Castaways
@ Surrey United
Sunday April 23 12pm Cloverdale Athletic

Winner of Norvan-Gorge
@ Coquitlam City FC

and of course as stated above
Winner of Poco-GH-Logan
@ Gordon Head - Williams

Semifinals - April 29/30
Winner of Coquitlam home game @ Winner of Gordon Head home game

Winner of Surrey home game @ Winner of UBC home game
(I am assuming that GH and UBC would be the home teams for the semis since they are the #1 seeds)

So we have to possibly beat UBC and Coq if we want to three-peat as provinicial champs. Coquitlam has the so-called "easier draw" but the winner of Norvan-Gorge should be tough and then possibly having to travel to the Island for the semis is always interesting (especially the reffing).;)

My predictions for Round 1 this weekend are:

Poco - unless they throw it cause they don't want to have to go back to the Island for the quarters
Norvan - in a tight game against the old-Island powerhouse Gorge
Richmond - I don't see Westside getting only their second win this year in provincials
Castaways - just because they are the higher seed in the all-Island battle.

Any other predictions out there?

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [Women's Open] 2006 Provincial Cup Draw

Keeper said:
Megs,

I tried to de-code your info. Is this correct?

You nailed it Keeper!!:)

Wouldn't it be nice if this was on the MWSL website or even the BC Soccer Website since they are organizing the Provincial Cup?!?:rolleyes:

Did Westside and Richmond play last night since that is Richmond's usual home game time and I believe they drew the home field advantage?:confused:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Poco players sleeping in today to prepare for the 12 hour day tomorrow for 1 game. Well at least they'll be practiced up for next week

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yoda said:
Poco players sleeping in today to prepare for the 12 hour day tomorrow for 1 game. Well at least they'll be practiced up for next week
Yoda - you're already assuming that Poco is going to defeat Gordon Head - Logan (whoever in the hell they are?!?). That's almost as bad as me assuming that Surrey is going to beat whichever Island team we face on April 23rd. ;)

I won't reveal my sources, but some members of the Poco organization are hoping to throw the game on Sunday so they don't have to do the travel again next weekend. :eek:

BTW, who schedules a game at 12pm in Victoria?!? :( The Poco girls will have to catch an 8am ferry to get there which means leaving Poco at 6:30am and waking up at like 6 - that's insane. Why not make it 1 or 2pm? They would still get home by 7 or 8pm. Have fun girls!!:D

Yoda - you and the kids going along to watch?:p

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
Did Westside and Richmond play last night since that is Richmond's usual home game time and I believe they drew the home field advantage?:confused:
Never mind...:eek:

I just checked the Westside's team website and it says that the game is on Sunday at Minoru Oval.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
Yoda - you're already assuming that Poco is going to defeat Gordon Head - Logan
Yup, that's my motivation

nutmegs said:
I won't reveal my sources, but some members of the Poco organization are hoping to throw the game on Sunday so they don't have to do the travel again next weekend. :eek:
Wouldnt' surprise me. I'm sure it's crossed each players mind at least once. :)

nutmegs said:
BTW, who schedules a game at 12pm in Victoria?!? :( The Poco girls will have to catch an 8am ferry to get there which means leaving Poco at 6:30am and waking up at like 6 - that's insane. Why not make it 1 or 2pm? They would still get home by 7 or 8pm. Have fun girls!!:D

Yoda - you and the kids going along to watch?:p
I agree, a later game would have been nice. Yes, the Mrs was up at 6:00 this morning to get ready, i went back to sleep so i have no idea what time she actually left. A 2:00pm game definately would have been nicer.
No we didn't go. Getting 2 kids up (and me) at 6am is just not advisable. Especially after a late night last night. I......i mean, the kids, need their sleep. :)

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Poco threw the game and chose to end the game in a 2-1 loss in OT.:p None of the island teams should be any trouble for mainland teams. Very young teams, even gorge this year. Hard workers with little skill. Thank god we don't have to do that 13 hour trip again in 2 weeks, so glad we "decided" to lose. Very, very happy this season is over and not sure what poco's future will be for next year. But best of luck to everyone still competing in provincials.

Lionheart

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

lionheart said:
Poco threw the game and chose to end the game in a 2-1 loss in OT.:p None of the island teams should be any trouble for mainland teams. Very young teams, even gorge this year. Hard workers with little skill. Thank god we don't have to do that 13 hour trip again in 2 weeks, so glad we "decided" to lose. Very, very happy this season is over and not sure what poco's future will be for next year. But best of luck to everyone still competing in provincials.
Lionheart
Sorry about the loss Lionheart. I know the daughter of one of the staff has a birthday party on the weekend of the quarters so I'm sure there are a few people who are glad you don't have to go to the Island again. :p

Heard that Norvan beat Gorge United 2-0 earlier today as well - congrats to the Norvan girls - should set up an interesting rematch with Coquitlam in the quarters. Any reports on the game from choker, Funbox or WW? ;)

What about the Westside-Richmond game? Kick-off was at 5pm tonight - Keeper do you have a result for us?:confused: Still don't know which Island team we play in the quarters but I'm gonna bet on Castaways since they were 2nd place in their league.

BC Soccer finally has a bracket up on their website showing the draw but on my computer at least the right side of the bracket (which is the side my team is on) is cut off.:rolleyes: And it says that UBC's quarterfinal is at Cloverdale Athletic - is that a typo or will we be having a quarterfinal double-header at Surrey's home park?:confused:

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
Heard that Norvan beat Gorge United 2-0 earlier today as well - congrats to the Norvan girls - should set up an interesting rematch with Coquitlam in the quarters. Any reports on the game from choker, Funbox or WW? ;)

I think I saw a few Coq people there as well watching our game.

Gorge weren't a bad team at all. They were determined and worked very hard. But they were lacking something.. they had trouble getting the ball up to their forwards. I think I touched the ball maybe 10 times including my toe punt shot.. We came out in the first minute hitting the cross bar then couldn't find the back of the net until the end of the first half. They had only a few chances (including WW saving a goal off the line).

On to Coq now. I really hope we play on the Friday night ....

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
BC Soccer finally has a bracket up on their website showing the draw but on my computer at least the right side of the bracket (which is the side my team is on) is cut off.:rolleyes: And it says that UBC's quarterfinal is at Cloverdale Athletic - is that a typo or will we be having a quarterfinal double-header at Surrey's home park?:confused:

Hey Nutmegs, if you press print, then print again, it will show the whole screen..

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

choker said:
Hey Nutmegs, if you press print, then print again, it will show the whole screen..
Thanks for the heads up, choker.:)

choker said:
Actually, talking to my Coquitlam sources, they have been told by BC Soccer that the game must be played on a Saturday or Sunday between 12pm and 4pm or something like that. So no Friday night game which sucks cause it would be exciting to watch.:(

Anybody know the results of the other two games this past weekend?:confused: Westside-Richmond or the all-Island battle (Castaways-Prospect Lake)? Anyone???

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

No Friday night?! That's stupid. Friday night soccer has proven to be a hit for every club that has tried it. It would give BCSA some great exposure for their competition. And seeing how there is no Island team involved, I don't see the point in forcing this to a weekend afternoon.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

choker said:
I think I saw a few Coq people there as well watching our game.

Gorge weren't a bad team at all. They were determined and worked very hard. But they were lacking something.. they had trouble getting the ball up to their forwards. I think I touched the ball maybe 10 times including my toe punt shot.. We came out in the first minute hitting the cross bar then couldn't find the back of the net until the end of the first half. They had only a few chances (including WW saving a goal off the line).

That sucks about not being able to play on a Friday night. I love those games. We did have a lot of people out watching our game which was nice, but Friday night games are always fun.

I agree with Choker. Gorge wasn't a bad team at all. They had some good players and worked really hard. They didn't have too many chances, apart from a very nice save by Funbox in the first half and then the shot that was cleared off the line in the second half. We missed quite a few really good chances but created a lot offensively and were very tight defensively. Although our team played a pretty strong game, I think we are capable of playing better. We need to finish more of our chances, win the second ball after it has already been won in the air, and release the ball a little sooner.

Choker, I agree with you. You really didn't have very much to do in yesterday's game. Most of the balls were won before it even had the chance to get back to you. You did have 1 or 2 really stellar ducks that startled me somewhat, but I thought you played well when you got the ball and didn't duck:D .

Do you know what night we are training?? 9pm training is too late!! I am ready for bed by 7.

Does anyone know what the scores were in the other games?? Lionheart, tough luck with the loss. Look on the bright side, no more 4 corners:D !! Just joking!!

Good luck to the remaining teams in the provincials.

WW

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Welcome Wagon said:
Choker, I agree with you. You really didn't have very much to do in yesterday's game. Most of the balls were won before it even had the chance to get back to you. You did have 1 or 2 really stellar ducks that startled me somewhat, but I thought you played well when you got the ball and didn't duck:D .
That's a classic choker move!!:D I've seen her do it quite a few times - she runs at the ball like she's going to play it and then ducks to let the ball run back to the keeper. Sneaky girl...

As for the Friday night game, it is quite disappointing that BC Soccer wants it on Sat. or Sun. Perhaps if both teams express their desire for Friday, it might happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0