Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's Premier 2009/10

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally agree, FB. There are several legitimate teams this year with SU still being the team to catch/beat.

Coquitlam has had the advantage of playing together all season which will make them difficult to play against and they are coached well.

Our team? As I've said, it has been a disaster in terms of having the same players around so I will be 100% honest, if everyone is around we will be a tough team to play against. I was told yesterday by our Swedish player......"I'm probably going to be away for all of April."

Thanks and that summed up the entire season. On a positive note, we have just signed another player and she will be available for Sunday night.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Physical game, Knaacks........ref let WAY too much go and made some very interesting calls. I'll leave it at that.

Coquitlam looked to be missing a couple of players which might explain why we were probably the better team on the night in terms of footballing. They played a very defensive 4 - 5 - 1 as Phoebe was often left on her own up front against 3 defenders at times. We had two strong penalty claims of which both were waved 'safe'. The motion by the official was just that...an umpire at home plate calling a player who is sliding SAFE. :confused:......they had a similar 'safe' call when our defender probably fouled Phoebe outside the D late in the second half. They had one goal disallowed for what I believe was called offside. Overall, we had them pinned in their end for a good portion of the second half with the first half being fairly even. A draw was more than likely a fair result on the night.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-1 for North Shore. Nothing from Gooner. No report. Nada. At the very least I thought we get some kind of excuse about not having enough players. ;)

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was just following the lead of CMF players and only posting on here when wins occur or when someone TTP's them. :)
We had enough players, we were "just happy to be there" really.
Report: In a nutshell, we sucked. Only won about 30% of free balls and didn't shut down NS's long ball service out of the midfield as planned so it made for a lot of back pedalling. We went up 1 in the first 15 minutes but then decided we'd put in enough effort for the day.
Credit NS's intensity. They didn't give us much time on the ball and always had players moving off the ball that we just didn't deal with.
Bad day for us, as our UBC players lost in the Keg cup final over on the Island at the same time too. :( NS had their UBC keeper allowed to come back for the match but our players couldn't. C'est la vie.
Back to the drawing board.
Where's the draw? It just says "Burnaby" on the BCSA site.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to North Shore on their win. I heard it was pretty one-sided as Burnaby was missing some 'key' parts to their team.

Congrats to Burnaby for making it to the final.

Now, can we please have an Island draw so we can go away? :D

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard through the grapevine that the draw is closed to the public and just the league reps would be observers. It's supposed to be posted on the BCSA site tomorrow morning.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course, the mens draw has been announced over on their TTP forum. Fcuk this league just doesn't get it. How freaking hard is it to get this info out to the seven bloody teams involved. Joke.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly, FB, it is a complete joke and it is even joke when they decide the 'seedings' are done. How the hell do we know it is even being done 'fairly'?

It really is disgraceful and a couple of years ago, the womens' part of the draw was a complete farce when I was 'covering' the draw.

When the hell are we actually going to see the draw?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, I believe the metrowomens web site should have it up in time for Easter!!:eek:

When the hell are we actually going to see the draw?

Heck I even knew about our men's master draw by 7:27pm and then saw it up on TTP at 7:43pm, so FB is right as the women get shafted again.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The seeding thing is load of crap. I've said it before, by it's own Bylaws the BCSA's Provincial Cup is to be complete open draw, no seeding at all.

I happen to like open draw - vis a vis FA Cup. But I understand the argument for seeding and having League mean something. But if that be the case, seed the whole damn thing. They did that with the youth this year, and it sure made it all alot easier to sort out, and you actually found yourself watching the standings pretty closely.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay FB. Stop your whining...it's all about who you know in the MWSL...

Draw is as follows:

Left side of draw:
Westside at Nanaimo
Westside/Nanaimo at Surrey

Richmond v Burnaby (not sure who's home)
Rich/Burn at Castaways

Right side of draw:
Coquitlam vs Vic-West (again not sure who's home)
Coq/Vic at Gorge

Whitecaps vs Prospect Lake
WC/PL at North Shore

I won't say too much on the draw other than the Whitecaps/North Shore tilt should be interesting. Couple of former/current Caps vs the up-and-comers.

For once I actually think this draw is pretty even. Coq, NS, WC and maybe Gorge could make the final on one side. And Surrey, Westside, Richmond or Burnaby could make it on the other side.

Good luck to all teams!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0