Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's Premier 2009/10

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmmmm, explains a few things........thanks for posting Nutmegs.

Gooner, get ready for some anti-football because it's coming your way. :D

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No offense to Gooner, Captain or anyone else, but Surrey has to be happy with that draw. Ours isn't horrible, I like our chances against the Island teams. If we get through that maybe NS and Hubcaps pummel each other in the QF.

How's that for a first prize for winning League Cup? You get #2 seed, and the privilege of playing a ready and able Hubcaps side in your first game.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
At first glance, I thought Surrey had a pretty easy route, but then I realized that Bby and Rich have both played them well this year so that could be interesting (hopefully anyways, for one of us). The Captain might just get his wish for an Island trip, although I'm not sure why anyone would want that in cup play! :(
For all of Coquitlam's early success (and worrying late fade?), they won't be happy to see the Whitecaps babies or North Shore.....both are teams that are more mobile and quicker than them!
I feel there are 5 or 6 teams that could make the final...should be interesting!
I still stand by my prediction of a Caps/SU final! Unless....
Caps have a number of players from the National U20 and U17 teams, the latter just qualifying with a win over the US for a U17 World Cup berth later this summer....one thing that might affect them is whether those players will be available in late April or early May as the U17 nats will surely have events planned as WC tune-up.

tsedds

Nov 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How's that for a first prize for winning League Cup? You get #2 seed, and the privilege of playing a ready and able Hubcaps side in your first game.

Yeah, no sh*t! I don't know if we could have asked for a worse draw in the Cup... shoulda thrown the game for ya Gooner ;) Although there are some scary teams on the other side too (Burnaby, Rich & Westside are tough to play against). The Caps are well-organized, fast and fit (and probably shouldn't qualify for Provincials anyways!! :rolleyes:)... If we can manage to get by them, I hope we have enough left in the tank for Coquitlam... Although we have a score to settle with Gorge from last year... Hoping that Gooner is off on his prediction, but should be some good games either way.

Where do I forward my protest in case the Caps win? :rolleyes:

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
A bit confused why MWSL only got 6 teams in (7 was announced on a MWSL email a couple weeks ago so I'd be pissed if I was NCU)....but the Island got 5 teams in? Is it based on the number of teams/players in the respective premier leagues, 9 teams for us 8 for them?

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NCU turned down 7th spot.

Langley then turned down the 7th spot.

The 6 players from WRU turned down the 7th spot :eek:

I am surprised they did not offer it to the Aldergrove Sliders the Selects winners...a sharp organized and dedicated team who compete very well.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am surprised they did not offer it to the Aldergrove Sliders the Selects winners...a sharp organized and dedicated team who compete very well.

I think that's a pisstake from Bravedart. Nice.

NCU turns down the spot in Provincials, but they were training last week. I guess preparing for summer league. Why bother playing League if you're not going to play in Provincials?

Why don't they just whittle this Cup down to eight teams?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that's a pisstake from Bravedart. Nice.

NCU turns down the spot in Provincials, but they were training last week. I guess preparing for summer league. Why bother playing League if you're not going to play in Provincials?

Why don't they just whittle this Cup down to eight teams?

Because we would not have qualified this year. :mad:

;)

It looks like a pretty fair draw for everyone.......with Surrey United going in as favorites and NS Renegades as second favorites....Coquitlam right behind them...Burnaby right behind them.....Westside right behind them.......

The Whitecaps girls will be difficult to play against if they have everyone available. The Island teams will have something to prove after last year, especially Gorge.....should be some tough first round games.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about Coquitlam's possible journey? For them to win the whole thing they need 3 trips to the island. Wonder if FB already has reservations for all 3 trips at the Empress? :)

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about Coquitlam's possible journey? For them to win the whole thing they need 3 trips to the island. Wonder if FB already has reservations for all 3 trips at the Empress? :)

I wish. At this point, I'm wondering how to pay for three ferry round-trips. If we make it to the final, we might be making that last trip over by canoe.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A good swim will get the girls ready, FB. :) They may have to take a day or two of school or work........

Gooner, no mind games here.......seriously. We're underdog going into the game and not expected to win since you have beaten us twice this year 3 - 1.........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gooner, any idea when and what time our game is? :confused: We need to know pretty quickly in order for players to change shifts and all that crap. Please say it isn't going to be a Sunday night game? I don't believe it can anyway, according to the 'rules'

:confused:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts