Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's Premier 2009/10

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain... Just a quick heads up. Our game on Oct 16 will more than likely be moved to Saturday. Once I have a time and place, I will notify the League ASAP and blast you off a message here. But I wanted to give you a heads up so your players could make the work arrangements and so on. The change is to avoid conflict with the club's annual awards banquet. The Wolves are doing the same thing. The club likes to have the senior players in attendance. They say it's the mentor thing, but I think it has more to do with bar sales. :)

Gooner. For the record, it wasn't that the Slickers weren't wanted. We wanted them, we just didn't want two premier teams. There was no purpose to having two premier teams. We hoped that the Slickers would go back to Selects where they could (a) serve a developmental/reserve role; and (b) represent the club and try to win a Provincial B Cup. They chose not to. That was their right, and we wish them the best. They have a very close knit group, with good people running the team.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FB....great field IF you get on it before any susbstantial rain. Right now, it will be in great shape. You will enjoy playing there if it is soon. Grass might be a touch long but overall a quality field.

What time would the game on Saturday be? Might be a problem........:eek:

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS... would Sunday work? I thought Sat would be better since you guys play at home on Sat anyhow. It's going to depend on field availablilty anyhow, to be honest. I'm hoping that with this much notice, everyone - your team and ours - will have ample time to make the necessary arrangements. We're not trying to be difficult, but we're trying to develop the connection in our club between our senior and youth sides.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS... would Sunday work? I thought Sat would be better since you guys play at home on Sat anyhow. It's going to depend on field availablilty anyhow, to be honest. I'm hoping that with this much notice, everyone - your team and ours - will have ample time to make the necessary arrangements. We're not trying to be difficult, but we're trying to develop the connection in our club between our senior and youth sides.

FB...I don't think it would matter too much but we had asked the league to have our premier/selects team to be alternating home games so we would have no conflicts with games on the same day. Trying to coach both teams is a pain in the ass and the Sunday might actually help from that standpoint. However, if it was Saturday we will play with whoever is available.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah. Coaching two teams is not advised. I did that last summer in the PCSL. It damn near killed me. I'll let you know as soon as our field coordinator hooks us up. Good luck this weekend.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CMFSC Xtreme 3 - Langley FC 1

Metro-Ford should have been up by five at the half. It was a disappointing lack of finish on display. The possession game, particularly in the first half, was very good. KJ scored on a PK in the first, CMF up 1-0 after 45.

Langley showed some pluck in the second half. They defended in numbers, and quite frankly, our group started to look a little disinterested. As is often the case when you let a team hang around, they get a break. Langley got theirs after our u17 callup GK made a great save, but CMF couldn't clear, and Langley hammered home the loose ball to pull even.

That seemed to be the wake up call. Coquitlam cranked it up in the final 10 minutes, getter a goal from Phebe and another from Sheppard to put it to bed.

All in all, I thought we played well. But the ladies need to make sure they put teams away, otherwise you leave yourself at the whim of the soccer gods. But 3 points is 3 points, and Metro-Ford will gladly take their 2-0 record into next week's away match with the last expansion team - Delta.

bigmac

Jun 14, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
^ except it should have been 2-1 seeing as the linesman was blind and called that last goal in when it CLEARLY wasn't even close:S

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bigmac, why don't you go and buy a happy meal cause what's the difference 2-1 or 3-1 it's still a loss for Langley!!:eek:

^ except it should have been 2-1 seeing as the linesman was blind and called that last goal in when it CLEARLY wasn't even close:S

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 1 Richmond FC 2

Ladies were fantastic today. Fully deserved the win despite having 12 players and one being very sick on the side. WE scored in the first minute.....went up 2 - 0 after the first 10 minutes in the second half.. and Westside scored a cracker with about 8 minutes to go. OVerall, an excellent effort by the ladies and I thought we shut Westside down pretty well. We now lose our goalie and Sari for 2 months so the next few weeks might be interesting but that's life. :)

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I couldn't tell from where I was (at the other end of the field), but from my angle the keeper made a really nice save but looked like she carried back over the line when she landed. May have been a blown call, but to his credit the linesman was on the line to make the call. And he was pretty confident with his decision.

But if we're moaning, Langley's goal started from a through ball to a player who was clearly offside. I was in perfect spot to see it. :p

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good result for Richmond. I think there's some parity in the top five now. Surrey, Coquitlam, Richmond, Westside and NS. And while Surrey remains the class of the league until someone dethrones them, it's fair to say it's no longer a two or three horse race. That's a positive.

bigmac

Jun 14, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I couldn't tell from where I was (at the other end of the field), but from my angle the keeper made a really nice save but looked like she carried back over the line when she landed. May have been a blown call, but to his credit the linesman was on the line to make the call. And he was pretty confident with his decision.

But if we're moaning, Langley's goal started from a through ball to a player who was clearly offside. I was in perfect spot to see it. :p

haha yes, I agree with you there, it was totally offside, and as for the goal - I really don't think the keeper would of reacted that way if it had actually gone in. If so, then she deserves an academy award :D

lll

Feb 24, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha yes, I agree with you there, it was totally offside, and as for the goal - I really don't think the keeper would of reacted that way if it had actually gone in. If so, then she deserves an academy award :D

Big Mac- first of all you say the score should have been different because the opposition's goal wasn't in.What makes you the expert? You didn't whine about the blind linesman on your team's offside goal, but you do agree it was offside. Were you standing in a better position than the linesman on these calls or are you one of these know it alls who's never officiated but you're an expert when it suits you? If you don't already ref/line, get out there and try it and if you are going to whine about calls at least give both sides the story. As far as your goalies acting , if you watch any sport , there's going to be both teams claiming the call should go their way so it doesn't really mean much.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Mac- first of all you say the score should have been different because the opposition's goal wasn't in.What makes you the expert? You didn't whine about the blind linesman on your team's offside goal, but you do agree it was offside. Were you standing in a better position than the linesman on these calls or are you one of these know it alls who's never officiated but you're an expert when it suits you? If you don't already ref/line, get out there and try it and if you are going to whine about calls at least give both sides the story. As far as your goalies acting , if you watch any sport , there's going to be both teams claiming the call should go their way so it doesn't really mean much.

Umm. The website is called Take the Piss. And it's way more interesting if people come on here and have a good natured go at one another from time to time. A rant like this is a turnoff.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United beat North Coquitlam 3-0. Burnaby got in the win column with a 6-1 win over Delta. (One of those suspect five goal margins. Always leaves you wondering if it was even worse. I wish the League would stop that. It's Premier for goodness sake.)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FB, it was 6 - 1 but the Delta goalie apparently stood on her head to keep it this 'low'.........

Also, Gooner, the Halloween game will likely be moved to 2:00 at McNair High School which is a grass field. We'll know this week for sure. Cheers.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK. I thought I'd try to resurrect some of the old school discussion on this board... Predictions. Always good to stir the pot a little.

Richmond vs. Surrey United:
Sorry Captain. You're missing some players, Surrey is firing on all cylinders, and this is their last game before nationals. I would think they'd want to keep momentum going.

Delta United vs. Metro-Ford Xtreme:
I wouldn't go against my own side anyhow, but this one should be all Coquitlam. However, I hope we've learned our lesson on Friday and will put this away early if the opportunities present themselves. I don't care who the team is, at this level if you let a team hang around longer than necessary, you're playing with fire.

Burnaby Canadians vs North Shore Renegades:
NS started with a solid win against Richmond. Burnaby got thumped in week 1, but got their first win on Sunday in a convincing blowout. Burnaby's confidence will no doubt be high, but North Shore's experience should be enough.

North Coquitlam vs Langley:
Normally I would pick the expansion team to lose, but I saw enough good things from Langley to think they might have enough pluck to steal three points in this one. They have good goalkeeping and they didn't quit on Friday. This one could go either way, but I'll lean towards Langley.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Bastard, I totally agree with your picks. Sorry to be boring but there might be a couple of blowouts this weekend. :( One could be double digits

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts