Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's Premier 2009/10

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
:)Hey Cap't, looking forward to the rematch. We need a good run as we get the bye next week and a chance to heal up some nagging knocks. See ya Saturday

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:)Hey Cap't, looking forward to the rematch. We need a good run as we get the bye next week and a chance to heal up some nagging knocks. See ya Saturday

Knaacks, to be honest, I wish we could have played you this past weekend. It definitely would have been a better warm-up game for your girls. However, we'll see how our youth call-ups do on Saturday in their debut. :)

See you then.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love the predictions FB....but if I can go back to one of your posts a few lines up, you said "parity in the top 5" but didn't mention Burnaby. :( If I am reading the standings correct, we are IN THE TOP 5 after two weeks! :)
I know, picking apart small things, but show some love. haha. But on the other hand, I know we need to earn some respect and that comes by wins and solid outings against established teams.
Delta will be no issue for CMF. They have one quick girl up front, and maybe 4 others who are true premier level. They had an inexperienced keeper who did well on a few stops and watched us miss 4 or 5 sitters over top in the second half. I always hate coaches who say this, but I'm gonna say it...if we didn't get disinterested when we got up 5 or 6, it could've been 10 and looked really ugly. Their goal wa the speedy one waiting 5 yards off and she even slowed to wait for the offsied whistle before slotting....but I digress. We were much more organized than in our first match with CMF but weren't under as much pressure to see where we are really at defensively. We'll find that out this week against the Roz/Buchan show. We have a lot of work to do but we're feeling like we can raise the bar to match the established teams.
Delta will be hard pressed to get a win unless their lone speedy forward can poke a few past the likes of Langley of NCU.
To add my two cents to the predictions, I've got to say Surrey a week before nationals (against a Richmond team that sounds like are now missing their star and their keeper) and CMF playing Delta BOTH scream blowouts. I'm hoping to keep the NS tandem down to 3 goals and hope to pot 3 or 4 ourselves. Nothing like hockey scores the first few weeks of the season.

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
S.U.- 1, Richmond - 0 On a day like we haven't had for awhile, the wind was blowing force 10 across the field in Richmond. With call-ups and a new keeper , Richmond were full value today. Great action both ways. I think we had better play in the first half but Richmond didn't back down and were pressing all second half. At 90 + 1, we earned a corner and Kate delivered a QUALLITY ball for Rae Rae and she rose to head the ball home. We always seem to find a way even missing 5 regular starters. Not our best but it was a good match to help us on our way to Sask. Well played Cap't and Your newbies looked just fine out there ( other than that 1 bad tackle ) Thanks for the nice words of encouragement after the game and we'll meet you later this year in Cloverdale. Well done Ladies !!!!

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coq Metro-Ford Xtreme - 4
Delta United - 0

I wasn't there but Oates, McMillan, Callaway and OG were the goal scorers. Only 1-0 at half, Coquitlam blew the doors off in the second.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arrrggghhhh....some more growing pains tonight for Burnaby against North Shore.
Started off great controlling most of the first 25 minutes....Bby up 1-0 after 10 but they kicked off and we let them come down too easily and get it back right away. Exact carbon copy 10 minutes later.....we went up 2-1 after some great attacking work, and one minute later it was 2-2. Very frustrating as it could have been 3-0 for us with some decent defending as we missed a sitter as well, but it turned into a 3-2 deficit against us by the half....add in some more defensive brain lapses in the second half and we left the pitch frustrated again on the end of a 6-2 defeat. Totally a game that could have gone either way, really.....not just saying that as sour grapes...I really felt we had turned the corner a bit defensively after our horrid start 2 weeks ago to Coquitlam, but that was obviously just the training ground playing tricks on me.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Head up, Gooner...you know your team is going to keep getting stronger, especially when you add players.......just like several teams will.

As for the Surrey United game, Knaacks assessment was accurate. SU had more possession in the first half but failed to register a shot on target as our keeper pointed that out at half-time. The second half so our team become more dominant and creating several good opportunities. KVale 7 was the best player on the park along with our left/right midfielder who switched throughout. Our new goalie is going to great for us as she looked very comfortable for her first game in 3 years.

That's five in a row now to SU...I'm starting to believe they have our number......:D

Good luck in Nationals, ladies. It would be great to have it back in BC again. :)

On to the lovely 9:00 start in Langley on Sunday morning. Talk about an equalizer. :D

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perfect last week. If I was this good with NFL picks I might win the odd buck in the office pool. :rolleyes:

Give her another go for this week.

Coquitlam Metro-Ford Xtreme over North Coquitlam City Slickers.
The Coquitlam derby. Ok, it's not United-City or Celtic-Rangers, but it's all we got in the MWSL right now. So we'll make the best of it. This should go Metro-Ford's way easily, with a perfect run under their belts and their former club mates struggling mightily to start the season. Having said that, nothing more dangerous than a hungry team with a point to make. And admittedly, our group's early run has been against the three premier rookie clubs. Should be a good crowd on hand as well, assuming weather holds, so atmosphere should be top rate.

Westside over Canadians.
Gooner's Gals are hit and miss right now, but to be expected as they get their feet under them in Premier. Westside will be a tough test. I'm picking the Westsiders to take this, but I suspect Burnaby will keep it close.

Langley will fall to Richmond.
9am will be a killer. Talk about home field advantage. Won't be enough though. Should be another close match, Langley is strong in net, and works hard. But Richmond will prevail, and then go home and back to bed.

North Shore will thump Delta.
Delta has given up 10 goals in two games. North Shore is one of the more loaded offensive sides. And they get Delta on turf, in West Van on a Sunday night. (More home field advantage!) Sorry to say, but this one won't be close.

Finally... best of luck to Surrey next week. Fcuk that hurts to type. Bring the Jubilee back to BC - try to keep it one piece though. We'll make sure it makes its way back for PEI for 2010 Nationals. Don't worry.:bronco:

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally... best of luck to Surrey next week. Fcuk that hurts to type. Bring the Jubilee back to BC - try to keep it one piece though. We'll make sure it makes its way back for PEI for 2010 Nationals. Don't worry.:bronco:

Actually (as Surrey already knows), they don't let you keep the Jubilee trophy for more than about 30 minutes... a few photo ops and then all you've got to party with is your gold medal. :D

Thanks for the well-wishes, Cappy and FB. We'll do our best to make BC proud. It's not our strongest squad that we've taken in our 6 years but we're hoping the short travel and only 1hr time change will be to our advantage (plus potentially 3 of our 4 games being on grass should help since I'm 99% sure we'll be the oldest team there). ;)

And seriously?!?! Next year is in PEI again - I think we might just let you win it, FB. 4 trips to the Maritimes in 7 years is insane!!

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
FB, it may be hard to take sometimes but in order to have a chance to be the best, first we had to beat the best! And I think that there is no better league anywhere in Canada than here in Vancouver. It is a credit to our league, coaches,managers and to the players on all of the premier teams. It has never been a walk to get through to Nationals, like in other provinces where there is only 1 or maybe 2 strong teams in the province. Having to deal with all-star teams is never easy and we hope to represent the MWSL with pride. Thanks to all for the kind words and we will do our best to bring it home 1 more time. Like you said , maybe one of you may have to take it back for us !! Good luck to all in the coming weeks and see you on the flip side. Cheers

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually (as Surrey already knows), they don't let you keep the Jubilee trophy for more than about 30 minutes... a few photo ops and then all you've got to party with is your gold medal. :D

Seriously??? I seem to remember we got to bring it home with us. Of course, it was 2001, and I can barely remember yesterday. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's a Surrey United rule. They heard what happens when you guys get your hands on the hardware and take it to the Roxy. :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey at least the women got 30 minutes, I think we didn't get even 15 minutes with the Challenge Cup :rolleyes: You would think the least they could do is give a replica to send home with the winning team!

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain. Got a bit ahead of myself on that game change on 10/16. Club called me this morning to say they couldn't make the change. So we're back to Friday night, 8pm @ Best. I think you said that was better for your anyhow. Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers. FB.

kbrink

Oct 1, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
....you gotta give Langley some credit, lost or not they have 10 players who have never played together, and most who haven't played in over 2 years and are past metro players. They got the skill they just need to get back in the game.....

kbrink

Oct 1, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Coquitlam vs Langley:
Normally I would pick the expansion team to lose, but I saw enough good things from Langley to think they might have enough pluck to steal three points in this one. They have good goalkeeping and they didn't quit on Friday. This one could go either way, but I'll lean towards Langley.

Props Fat Bastard.....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Coquitlam vs Langley:
Normally I would pick the expansion team to lose, but I saw enough good things from Langley to think they might have enough pluck to steal three points in this one. They have good goalkeeping and they didn't quit on Friday. This one could go either way, but I'll lean towards Langley.

Props Fat Bastard.....

Kbrink, should be a decent tilt on Sunday.....if we're awake. :D If not, it could be pretty one-sided. :)

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro-Ford Xtreme - 3
NC Slickers - 0

Due to the flu, I missed the Coquitlam Derby. Somewhat arrogantly, I had thought we'd win by a bigger margin, but from all accounts we did dominate the match, giving them nothing by way of a sniff at our goal. Sheppard, MacLachlan and Standerwick with the tallies.

I know Surrey has a bye this week, but we'll gladly sit alone atop the table, for the time being, if not til season's end. :)

A well earned week off for turkey day, and then a massive match with Richmond two Fridays from tonight.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canadians 2 Westside 2 - Oct 3
Entertaining match. I didn't realize Westside had that type of top end talent with a few Whitecaps. Vermeulen up front was a handful, especially for our back line who is still coming together while we're trying new combos to make it work. But we held our own defensively and went at them quite often. With their best players up front and us playing an attacking formation, the game resembled an end to end hockey game at times.
Rustad (directly bent in off a corner....yikes for Bagshawe) and Ellis scored for us.
We were up 2-1 but let them get in behind us (again) too easily with 30 seconds left in the first half....would've been nice to be up at the half but we're still figuring out each other's tendencies on the back end and it's cost us in the GA column this early in the season. :(
Thanks for the heads up Captain on the halloween time change....can I consider that done and let my girls know so they can adjust work shifts?
Gooner

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0