Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's Premier 2009/10

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 0 Richmond 5

The 9:00 start certainly had us sleeping at the start of the game...actually after the first 8 minutes. We scored about 7 minutes into the game off a corner. The rest of the half was painful to watch as we kept giving pass after pass away and generally just going through the motions. The second half was much batter as we started completing more passes which opened their team up more. They played with one striker the whole game which made them very easy to defend in our back. We switch to a 3 - 5 - 2 which exposed them a fair amount down the flanks. They only had 12 players just like us.

Goals by Amber Wilson, Shannon Reykdahl, Kristin Gray, Steph Thibert and Dani Wallander. On to the break week and then a very difficult fixture in Coquitlam.

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canadians 2 Westside 2 - Oct 3
Rustad (directly bent in off a corner....yikes for Bagshawe) and Ellis scored for us.

Two questions:
1) So Rustad is now playing for Burnaby? Wasn't she with Westside for the past couple of seasons?
2) Isn't she one of the taller players and strong in the air? Why is she taking corners?

kbrink

Oct 1, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
well well Langley vs Richmond, definitely not what Langley was expecting. Langley showed that they have the skill. they played many give and go's in the first half, many balls played to feet, many crosses, and many one on ones. Langley won many tackles but they did lose a few to Richmond's center mids... Langley really stuck in there. Richmond did play a solid game, not as good as there final score shows. Second half with 10 minutes or so left Langley definitely had there heads down, they knew what the outcome was. Richmond tended to use there keeper A LOT.... really passing along there back line, there back like just had the tendency to pass it to there outside mids who just boot it up hoping to land on someones feet, it did work for the first bit but Langley did cut off those passes. Richmond played hard though, they kept there heads in the game the whole way, they really worked as a team. Something Langley has difficulty doing. Good game to both teams. Goodluck!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
well well Langley vs Richmond, definitely not what Langley was expecting. Langley showed that they have the skill. they played many give and go's in the first half, many balls played to feet, many crosses, and many one on ones. Langley won many tackles but they did lose a few to Richmond's center mids... Langley really stuck in there. Richmond did play a solid game, not as good as there final score shows. Second half with 10 minutes or so left Langley definitely had there heads down, they knew what the outcome was. Richmond tended to use there keeper A LOT.... really passing along there back line, there back like just had the tendency to pass it to there outside mids who just boot it up hoping to land on someones feet, it did work for the first bit but Langley did cut off those passes. Richmond played hard though, they kept there heads in the game the whole way, they really worked as a team. Something Langley has difficulty doing. Good game to both teams. Goodluck!

KBrink, we were obviously at different games. I have a question. How could our center midfielders be in so many tackles if we kept booting the ball to our strikers from our outside midfielders AFTER the ball went across our backline? That doesn't make sense to me. Our left midfielder was exhausted from beating your right back so much and I don't ever recall her 'booting' the ball to our strikers. But then again, it was a 9:00 kick-off so maybe I am way off with my observation. Good luck the rest of the season.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two questions:
1) So Rustad is now playing for Burnaby? Wasn't she with Westside for the past couple of seasons?
2) Isn't she one of the taller players and strong in the air? Why is she taking corners?

Clare was the player who left for Toronto and med school....would love to get her but happy to have sister Britta after just finishing 4 years at Idaho U....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to see Delta becoming more competitive.......they only lost 2 - 1 to the Renegades. That is a good result and they seem to be getting better every week. They must be adding some players. :)

kbrink

Oct 1, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess you didn't have your spectacles on..... clearly what you said is right but your back was kicking that ball up many times and yes the back line was passed a few times but perhaps exhausted from being beaten after losing the ball and having to run back to track? .... and first half your mid and defenders weren't looking so hot will all those give and go's and crosses to the net. Goes both ways.. thats not be nasty. You got the win so take that and be happy.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right, Kbrink. We were VERY fortunate to win 5 - 0 especially since our goalie didn't have to make a save. My apologies.

kbrink

Oct 1, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
......fat bastard call you that for a good reason. you got the win. Yes you scored 5 goals, but really not that skilled players. langley is a struggling team with few players and a new team. props to them though fat bastard.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
......fat bastard call you that for a good reason. you got the win. Yes you scored 5 goals, but really not that skilled players. langley is a struggling team with few players and a new team. props to them though fat bastard.

Huh?:confused:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When I read posts like Kbrink's, it makes me conduct self-analysis when analyzing my own team's games and conveying it to someone else. The last thing I want is to sound like kbrink! Most of the time, people see things the same way, with some personal insight into your own squad and objectives that might offer a different view.

I was talking to Captian yesterday and he asked me how my U-12 girls team was doing. I couldn't give him a 2 second answer but he was as close as I could get to giving a quick synopsis and knowing that he believed what I was saying. Result wise, we lost two games. Quality of play wise, noone is even close. I have different objectives than my opposition. The nice thing is that Captain Shamrock knew immediately what I was talking about and I was comforted that I had a soccer peer who shared the same ethics and learning objectives.

It is interesting to view the perceptions of individuals. Luckily, there are always consistencies in a person's charcter that will lend itself to how you perceive them and their messages. kbrink, my perception of you is that if you happen to be at the helm of Langley, your team is in trouble. At the same time, I have no clue who you are, and your personal insight into your own team. My suggestion is that you do not choose a 5-0 loss to Richmond as an example to make your points. Did you ever consider that the Richmond player who you perceived to be lumping it up the park recognized a flaw in your team that could be exploited?

I'll take the Captain's word over yours.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby, did you WIN your last game? ;) It's all about that in football especially when coaching youngins. :rolleyes:

I still don't recall the defender who was lumping the ball though. :confused: Oh well, as I mentioned, we were very fortunate to win 5 - 0 on the day.

BTW, is there any horse racing today? :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0