Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's Premier 2009/10

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby, did you WIN your last game? ;) It's all about that in football especially when coaching youngins. :rolleyes:

I still don't recall the defender who was lumping the ball though. :confused: Oh well, as I mentioned, we were very fortunate to win 5 - 0 on the day.

BTW, is there any horse racing today? :D

I guess it comes down to what someone perceives as "lumping". I've lumped quite a bit in my life, but long balls were never in the picture. As I get older, my lumping episodes may involve long decrepit balls.:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough, Ballbaby. Everyone loves a good 'lump' once in awhile. I believe I've officially signed with the Richmond Masters team........apparently the photo that has been used is taken from TTP?

Steve1234, any truth to the rumour?

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
FB must be too busy writing the "congrats on WINNING silver" card for SU to get on here with his weekend predictions. :)
If I may be so bold as to ignore my junior status on here and go ahead with my own predictions...
Coq 2, Rmd 1 - think Coq is good for a few a game due to their experience, but Rmd sound like fighters so I'll predict a close one here with the edge going to the old girls. This game might just give me a reason to break my "no more 4 dollar mochas" rule and catch some of the action on a damp Friday night. Promise not to bring my camcorder, that would be the coach in me coming out.
West 3, NS 3 - both had the most potent individual threats up front we've seen so far, along with both having what appeared to be average/competent backlines...so I think some goals could be flowing here.
Bby 3, Lang 1 - even though I look forward to hearing from kbrink that we only lumped it for 90, we've scored a couple per game on experienced teams recently so I think 3 could be in the cards here. Without seeing Langley's strikeforce yet, I think we are finally getting it together on the back end so should be ok to only allow 1. :(
SU 2, Delta 2 - OK, I know, a newly minted national runner up tying an expansion team? Well, I am calling for the improving Delta to nab a point from a SU team that might be snoozing a bit from the national hangover.
NCU 1, Bye 0 - think NCU can take this one.
Gooner

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby 5 Langley 0 (that is all the league website will post)

Coquit 4 Richmond 1 (really hurting for bodies on a Friday night game and 4 players will be getting there JUST before kick-off) Let's hope our goalie has a great game.

Westside 2 Renegades 2 - both teams can score goals for sure.

Surrey United 3 Delta Utd 2 - Delta is improving and will be winning sooner than later but perhaps it will be the week after. I hope they start getting some results as they have some good kids over.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indoor games, 30 min halves, prairie snow, and just plain having to spend a week in Saskatoon. Taking the piss out of Nutmegs and the Slurrey crew at this point would be cruel and unusual punishment, or at the very least beating a dead horse. So with tongue bit, I'll move on to my predictions.

Coquitlam over Richmond:
Captain undersells a wee bit, a bit of false modesty I presume to lower expectations and then over deliver come matchday. We won't be falling for that. Richmond is a solid team, plays with pace. Even if they do rely on "lumping the ball for 90 mins." I am picking Metro-Ford to take this one, but it won't be 4-1. I'll go with 1 or 2 nil.

Westside and NS draw:
This should be another good match. A couple of very experienced sides that should match up well with each other. Westside has had a bit of slow start to the season, and NS comes in perfect, but Westside should have enough at home to deliver the first blemish on the Renegades record.

Slurrey United thumps Delta:
Normally, a post-Nationals hangover might be in order. Not this time. The Surrey Girls will be cranky having lost a week of their life they will never get back. I suspect those frustrations will be duly taken out on the poor Delta team.

Langley loses at home to Burnaby:
If this game is played at the ungodly 9am hour Captain's ladies were forced to go at, I'd take Langley to win. The extra two hours means Burnaby will at the very least be awake. Will be a close game, but Burnaby has more experience and that will be the difference.

FBhopingNutmegs&KnaackstoldEdmontontotakegoodcareofJubilieeShieldforCoquitlam. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FB, we have 11 players and 5 of them are Selects call-ups. We might have 12. Unfortunately, I will not be there as I've had to come out of retirement after six years to play a game.......:eek:

It is no different when Coquitlam played us last year with 11 and went down to 10 and 9 in the game.......we won 3 - 0 that game. I see something similar possibly this year. We will battle though and give it a good go.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love the underdog picture the captain paints... :) Weren't they the provincial runner ups last year? Where are all the premier players....by my elementary calculations, you only have 6 playing tomorrow?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love the underdog picture the captain paints... :) Weren't they the provincial runner ups last year? Where are all the premier players....by my elementary calculations, you only have 6 playing tomorrow?

Gooner, we only have 10 signed until the University players. Sari Raber is in Costa Rica, Keiko Read is working, Danielle Wallander is in California, and Shannon McDonald is recording. You're right........6 players that leaves us with and 5 call-ups. Would you like me to post our starting line-up too and our formation? I don't mind doing that.

There is a chance that one or two of the 4 MIGHT be able to make the game but that is all I've been told. Believe me, there is no reason to lie about anything. For a team that just "lumps the balls up the park" we will do our best. We will likely have to move up two Selects players permanently before our next game, which is after the bye week.......

Good luck to all the teams this weekend.

Here are the 11 players........

Claire Walker
Candace Lovstad
Lindsay Greenwood
Michelle Bayer
Amber Wilson
Steph Thibert
Natalie Ingham
Emily Chu
Kristin Gray
Steph Avery
Alexa Greenman

Possibles but unlikely Keiko Read/Shannon McDonald

If we go a 4 - 4 - 2

Greenman Bayer / Lovstad Wilson

Ingham Grey / Avery(Thibert) Greenwood

Thibert(Avery) / Chu

If we go a 4-2-3-1......

Greenman Bayer/Lovstad Wilson

Grey / Greenwood

Ingham Thibert Chu

Avery

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
:D Brilliant post Captain. Absolutely brilliant. Classic TTP. This might be the first time someone has posted their roster and starting 11 ever.

Can we now officially change Richmond's name to Richmond Lumpers? Kbrink's deft analysis of Richmond's style seems to have stuck. :p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way, here was my starting 11 IF our game was still on at 9am:

"first 11 to be at the pitch by 8:45"

:)

That was pretty much the strategy we took, Gooner, but then we were played off the park by Langley, which led to the 5 - 0 win. If we had started any later, I'm guessing the score might have been 2 - 0. It's a funny old game.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
FB must be too busy writing the "congrats on WINNING silver" card for SU to get on here with his weekend predictions. :)

Bit poor form on that post Gooner - nothing like pouring salt in an open wound. I was going to go off and write something like..."Give me a call when your club has won 6 straight provincial championships, been in 3 or the last 4 national finals and WON (yes won) a medal for BC on every trip to Nationals." But that would just sound bitter and I don't want to be that person. ;)

Surprisingly even FB knows not to go there...
Fat Bastard said:
Indoor games, 30 min halves, prairie snow, and just plain having to spend a week in Saskatoon. Taking the piss out of Nutmegs and the Slurrey crew at this point would be cruel and unusual punishment

All I will say is that we didn't allow a goal against and haven't lost a game in regulation since October 2008 (one PK coin toss went to Westside and the other this past Monday) so silver medal or gold medal, I am extremely proud of my team's accomplishments.

Anyways to get back on topic and in regards to the predictions of our games, I like that everyone talks about the Nationals hangover because we pride ourselves on being LITERALLY hungover for that first game back. It's become a nice little joke on our team that it is a requirement to be a gong show this Sunday so it should be interesting. Good luck to everyone this weekend...

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last time I checked, this site was about "taking the piss".... :(
I actually thought more people would rip US in the name of piss taking...surprised they actually haven't after our first poor outings against some established teams. We'd deserve it and it would surely add more fun and flavour to the rematches. I'm not one for "hugs" and "best wishes". I'm actually the type of coach who hates to see my players hugging and chatting with the opponents before the match too. Call me old school, but piss take before and during, and perhaps then share a few pints with your opponents after.
I WILL call you in a few years when we're half way to your record. 6 will be tough though. haha :)
Here's hoping we get played off the park by Langley this weekend and end up with a duplicate 5-0 win to Captain's lumping effort.

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have always prided our team for doing our best to put team B.C. in the best possible position for the next Nationals. The fact that it's been Surrey for so long is unusual but there it is! Any one who makes it next time will have the easier side of the draw, so step to the plate all you haters and we'll see who gets the call to go to PEI in April. Do team BC proud ! Don't crash like WVan ! But.... it's still a long way to provincials and don't think we'll give it up to any of you easily.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quite an entertaining match tonight (Coq/Rmd). I'd say Rmd had about 70% of the play and played a lot of side to side balls to create space and holes to go forward. Sorry kbrink, I didn't see any long dumps, just decent build ups. Rmd did look like the better team overall on the night, although a free header off a corner and a goal against the run when Rmd was pushing in the end was enough for a 2-0 Coq win. Coq looked slow in the midfield and at numerous times Rmd strung together 8 or 9 passes at will through and around the midfield....a more dangerous player going forward as a target would have surely opened up the Coq backline.
Credit to the blueshirts though, they held their ground and came away with another 3 points. Much more entertaining than the Nucks tonight.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0