Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's provincial cup

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
FB, I miss your early season predictions....are you going to make any for the first 4 cup games?

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
No ringers in the Caps game that I noticed. 2-1 for Surrey but I'm betting that they think that they " had more possesion and better ball movement ". Nice first goal for the young'uns but not many other chances for them till the end when our keeper had to tip a nice volley over the bar. Had them under control for the most part and it was a good run for the girls this morning. Good test coming Thursday with the NS girls in a friendly. Good luck , one and all in the coming weeks !!

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught your match and you hit it on the head Knaacks.....Caps babies came out with lots of territorial advantage and possession but really nothing created except for the cracking goal. You guys gradually gained a foothold after 25 mins and the game was then yours. Caps don't like it when teams go at them with movement...they become naive and show their age when someone doesn't let them play and they aren't nearly as organized defensively as they are offensively.
SANDBAG ALERT...SANDBAG ALERT...
We played westside yesterday. I had counted 16 girls available going into the weekend and by kickoff and a flurry of emails I had 11, and played with 10 after an injury. Damn Black Eyed Peas and stagettes. FML. WS only had 12 too so it was more of a fitness contest really. They got one off a nice build up and went on to a 1-0 win. We missed some sitters to get some momentum, but without extra bodies we had to sit back and play conservative which we don't like so really it wasn't much of a prep game for us. On to Richmond and the 7v7 match.
THIS HAS BEEN A TEST OF THE EMERGENCY SANDBAG SYSTEM....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are training with our Masters team tomorrow as we couldn't get a park. Excellent. UBC girls will be at Big Block........nice. :)

One and out CSC

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since there's no chance we will have the honour of hosting an island team through all this, if anyone else does, please do me a favour and have your kickoff at noon. That way they too can experience the sheer pleasure of being at the ferry by 8am, only to get to the field with approx. 45 mins to warm up.

When VanderZalm is done kiboshing the HST maybe he can start a petition to build a freaking bridge.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since there's no chance we will have the honour of hosting an island team through all this, if anyone else does, please do me a favour and have your kickoff at noon.

Looks like Surrey has a 10am kickoff posted for the winner of Nanaimo/Westside....so they are either 100% certain on facing Westside or REALLY trying to screw an island team! :eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had 4 available last night......Caitlin Davie, Amber D, Jordan Kitagawa, Rachael Sawer - UBC Big Block.........Taryn Lim, Rachel Ramsden, Carsen Machin - Langara Athletics Award Banquet, Dani(the Swede) Texas, Sari Raber (away), Amelia Ng(injured, Candace Lovstad (working), Keiko Read (working)

No practice. Awesome. I think we will have 14 there for Sunday though which is a bonus. :)

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
At Gooner's behest, here's my predictions for this weekend. No science to this though. Don't bet your house on this.

Nanaimo United vs Westside ... If this was in Vancouver, Westside would win easily. But because of travel and Island officiating, Westside will be in tough. But they should have enough advantage in the talent and experience departments to prevail.

Burnaby Canadians vs Richmond ... I'm taking Captain's crew. I think this will be the match of the week. Good banter back and forth on here, both coaches trying to lay claim to underdog status. In the end, Richmond's experience is the difference. I predict extra time, maybe PK's needed for this.

VicWest vs Metro-Ford ... Metro-Ford will win this. Same factors in play for Coquitlam as for Westside, so it won't be easy. And the kickoff time is problematic. We should win this. But we will need everyone to show up and ready to play. Our form was off as League play ended. Hopefully a few good weeks of training will have the ladies ready.

Whitecaps vs Prospect Lake ... Umm. Is there a mercy rule in Cup play?

That means we're in for some dandy QF match ups next weekend.

Surrey vs Westside
Castaways vs Richmond
Gorge vs CMFSC
North Shore vs Whitecaps

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hope the Caps go out first round

I guess FB really took that to heart. Please tell me the rumour I just heard is not true and that the Caps are not already out because of another club's complaints and whining? ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC if so. FB, please tell me you guys didn't stoop that low? :confused:

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dennis just texted me asking me if I heard this. I hadn't. If it's true, it wasn't us. We haven't complained to anyone.

Having said that, I'm more than a wee bit ticked that you would think it was us that would stoop that low.

I don't like that they were/are in. I don't like the fact that the PCSL claims its berth. But it was all above board and within the constitution of the BCSA. So, it would seem odd that BCSA would exclude them at this stage.

Unless they did something wrong. Poaching perhaps? Didn't have their roster in on time or at all? I know first hand how important the paperwork is during Cup - see Newfoundland 2002. So, while I haven't heard any rumours at all, I would like to know the whole story.

I would like to think that even though we all disagreed with their involvement, we were all looking forward to beating them on the pitch.

If anyone has more info, do tell.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
All I heard FB was that members of the CMF exec complained to BCSA, and ultimately directly to the Whitecaps. I heard there were others too but CMF was blowing the horn loudest. Apologies if I am wrong with your name involved, but I'm just relaying info from a well connected source. The complaint was something about not letting a pro club put a team into amateur competitions and not allowing 16 year olds in A cup.
Caps and BCSA buckled at the knees and look just as weak on this one....can't believe they are good enough for teams to get friendlies against, but god no, don't let them in for fear of losing to them in games that count. Similar to the pre-season premier meeting last year when a few teams didn't want them in the league but would play non-counted friendlies against them as part of a schedule.
Crazy if that's the case....may the best female team win, regardless of age!
They legitimately won the PCSL with 16-18 year olds and gained an A cup berth. Regardless if teams felt they should or shouldn't be in, they followed the BCSA rules and earned a spot. For a group of disgruntled people to do this last minute before cup play begins is pathetic. Why weren't the complaints lodged 8 months ago when they won the PCSL title, 3 months ago when we all knew they'd be in the draw, or even 2 weeks ago when the draw was done? Maybe some people waited for the draw to see where they were placed and then got worried?
Pathetic.
And my rants have nothing to do with being an ex-Caps staffer....as a coach in this league, the only way my team gets better is to play the best teams. We've raised our game against the top 4 or 5 teams but don't need to play very hard against the bottom 3 or 4....so I'd much rather see my girls lose every game 1-0 and learn, develop, and grow against good teams. To have the mindset that we don't want them in for fear of losing is...well....I'll say it again...pathetic.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah you got us. It was us. We have pictures of Winger with a goat. Threatened to expose them to TMZ if they didn't pull out.

Come on, give your head a shake. We don't have that much pull. And if we did, we'd sure as hell being changing more than this. Our executive has far, far, bigger issues than whether or not the Caps plays in Provincial Cup.

BTW... get your facts straight. Whitecaps didn't win PCSL. They finished second.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
You don't need much pull with the bjorn's and danny's of the world at bcsa/caps respectively...you just need to threaten their "relationships" and power structure as the chosen ones....that'll get them listening to anyone. I respect them as gentlemen, but they are worse than a deck of cards for holding their line on things, especially when people are outside the window throwing eggs/rocks.
Trust me, when I worked there and managed the youth program I had enough club prez/td's call me complaining that we were taking over the world...everyone wanted to keep their little piece of the pie and the Caps were always the bad guys in the community soccer circles. And a few of those calls came from GS/SM on more than one occasion. How do you think CMF got the Super Y League franchise? Your prez threatened to pull out supporting Mountain, run rival programs, not support the "provincial pyramid"...and the Caps/BCSA folded and gave in. Which I might add only watered the programs down even more.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....
So I have more than facts, I have experience answering the calls from your club in the past. As far as I heard, only your exec were named as part of the lynch mob on this one....but it will be interesting to hear the whole story.
BTW, earning a berth in A cup as PCSL champs = winning the PCSL as far as I'm concerned.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
QUACK.

Your source is full of shite. But if we're guilty of being a club that stands up for what CLUB soccer is all about then so be it. When the Whitecaps talk about club soccer, or the european model, they're talking out of their ass. Club soccer works because of competition between clubs. The Whitecaps stomp on competition (and I'm not talking about on the pitch.) We're trying to be the best club we can, serving soccer at all levels, from rec to elite, male and female, young and old. We have that right. We stand behind our princples as an organization, as a soccer club. We will do what we think is right and what we think is best for our players.

I have spoken to "SM" and other exec members. We exerted no influence/pressure on the Caps or BC Soccer, they told me. And frankly, I will take their side of the story over your supposed source any day of the week.

People are going to believe what they want to believe. If everyone thinks this is our doing, then so be it. We're Coquitlam Metro-Ford, and everyone hates us anyhow.

QUACK you! :)

Pinto

Apr 17, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
It doesn't really matter who said what no one will have the nerve to stand up and say it was me anyways. I used to think that the Provincial Senior A Cup decided the top team in the Province but now I can say for sure you have to look elsewhere to find the top team. As for standing up for club soccer you only worry about "your" club not the well being of the whole soccer community. The rest of us are trying to look out for our clubs as well as promoting the sport in general, Couquitlam Metro-Ford cares only about itself and that is why your club is not respected.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It doesn't really matter who said what no one will have the nerve to stand up and say it was me anyways. QUOTE]

A bold statement on a website where virtually nobody uses their real name. :p I have dedicated the best part of the last ten years to promoting women's soccer in this community. It hasn't been an overwhelming success on all fronts, but at least I've put in my time and tried to do right for local women players - regardless of club.

Listen everyone. We didn't do this. The horse left the barn long ago on the Whitecaps in BC's thing. And when this came up, I am pretty sure I was the one saying it was all legit and within the rules. We played them in a friendly. We worked with them to coordinate PCSL schedule around Provincial games. Sorry, but if we're getting blamed for this, then we're the scapegoat. Of course, I haven't seen anything official, so this could be much ado about nothing. But I am the women's cooridnator for CMFSC, and I have not had one word, conversation or correspondence with anyone at the Whitecaps or BCSA regarding this matter. (In fact, I can't remember the last time I spoke to anyone at BC Soccer about anything. Do they even answer the phone anymore?)

Anyhow, it's done. People are going to rip me/us. That's fine. But we're moving on. Our womens team has a Cup game tomorrow. That's my focus. If the Whitecaps won't be down the road for us, that's a shame. I'm not sure they would have got past NS, but if they had, and we found a way through the Island gauntlet, our group would have relished the opportunity to show the youngsters a thing or two.

Good luck to everyone. Even you Gooner. :) You just have to be the stick that stirs the drink, eh?

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
You just have to be the stick that stirs the drink, eh?

Of course. Last time I made the pylon comments I got some good play out of it and got your players thinking and posting... :eek:
But this time I'm simply looking out for what is right. And what has happened now is not right. The story will come out in the wash and some people will look really bad.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS Conductor , why would we care if the Whitecaps played?

This is all news to me. We have one cup game and there is a good chance that is where it ends. I will explain why after the game tonight

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0