Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's provincial cup

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, I'm looking forward to hearing the explanation tonight!:D Please don't write a novel like Gooner and FB, preferrably you can just give us all the Coles notes on it!

This is all news to me. We have one cup game and there is a good chance that is where it ends. I will explain why after the game tonight

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think you've missed the point on this one, Conductor. :D I'm going out on a limb and saying that it is very likely our cup run will be one game.......that's all I'm saying. We've received some bad news regarding two more players......

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coquitlam Metro-Ford - 4
Vic West - 0

Next up Gorge. Always tough, especially at their park. Another lovely 12 noon kickoff.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too bad Captain. Sounds like things went from bad to worse for your group. But you almost pulled it off.

Burnaby off to the Island. Lucky them.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FB, it did in some regards but I wouldn't consider our season bad.......we played the first half tonight with a goalie who could only stand on 1 leg.....decision was to either play a player in goal and play with 11 all game or see if our injured goalie could play and play with one sub......tough decision but our goalie wanted to try and help out. The goal that beat her wouldn't have under normal circumstances but we had to change it at halftime as the poor girl was clearly limping. We played the second half with 11 with two of the players splitting the duty. Thanks, Michelle and Taryn. :)

Overall, we put up a good effort and that is all I was hoping for. Our team worked very hard and I think we went toe to toe with Burnaby for most of the game We had a couple of free-kicks in very dangerous positions in front of goal but couldn't take advantage off of them. We hit the crossbar in the second half and there was a clearance off the line in the first half......Burnaby had their chances too.....in the second half when we were noticeably tiring. Congratulations on the win, Gooner, and good luck on the Island.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kudos to the captain and his girls. They had their chances, worked extremely hard, and didn't give us anything easy. We struggled from 30 yards in to get shots away and it was one of those strange games where both teams could have had 3 or 4 off corners and free kicks....really not a 1-0 type game as it was pretty free flowing. Congrats to CMF on their result after what was surely a difficult and early wake up call and long travel day.
PS - anybody know the score from the Whitecaps game? :(

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Website is showing Nanaimo thru to next round, but the score from the weekend as 1-0 for Westside. Any WS'ers out there that can shed some light.

tsedds

Nov 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who do we send the fruit basket, flowers, thank-you card and flat of beer to for getting the Caps out of Provincials??? I don't know where to confirm things, but they were taken out of the bracket on the latest BC Soccer schedule (ACup(Women'sOpen))

On another note, congrats to CMF and Burnaby... Gooner, hope you get most of your players for your next game, cause I'd love to see an all-MWSL semifinal on both sides... Sorry FB, didn't get a 12 o'clock kickoff for the Island, but we'll do our best to run them into the ground.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who do we send the fruit basket, flowers, thank-you card and flat of beer to for getting the Caps out of Provincials???

Contrary to rumours and scuttlebutt, it wasn't us, but I'd be more than happy to take that flat of beer off your hands.:D

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who do we send the fruit basket, flowers, thank-you card and flat of beer to for getting the Caps out of Provincials???

The CMF mailing address is on their website!

Just kidding FB...wanna share a bus to the island? Thought not. :D

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nanaimo United vs Westside
Burnaby Canadians vs Richmond
VicWest vs Metro-Ford
Whitecaps vs Prospect Lake

FB went 2 for 3 with one non-played in last predictions....I'll see if I can do better for the quarters....

Gorge vs Coquitlam - Sorry to my favourite team, but I'm going with the Island'ers on this one. I hear they've got a lot of experienced ex-Vikes in their lineup and National team'er/Caps W-league'er Flock up front will be a handful for a backline that likes the ball to be in front of them....she'll get in behind a couple times and be the difference.

Surrey vs Westside - SU is in prime cup form having beaten NS in a friendly quite easily last week. I don't think anyone is touching them for another 4 weeks and I can see Knaacks already lined up at the mall t-shirt printing shop: "we'd like something with a 7 in it".

North Shore vs Prospect Lake - the drubbing PL would have suffered from the Caps will now be dealt by NS...I can see Buchan getting 3 for herself in this one.

Castaways vs Burnaby - gotta go with my girls here. We've lost all our UBC girls now and have struggled for consistency and numbers, but I heard Castaways finished their league and league cup back in February and haven't played a game since so I'll give us the edge just on that alone.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's my crack at it. By the way, since the final is in Victoria, no Island team will make the final. You can take that to the bank. I predict they'll all be out this weekend.

Gorge vs Coquitlam Metr-Ford... Gorge will be much (repeat MUCH) tougher game. They always are. They key in this match will be to take advantage of any rust they have, and do it early. Won't take long for them to get their legs under themselves, but if we can be up by a goal or two by then, we should be good. Predict a tight match, but can't go against my own team. No way. Coquitlam by one.

Surrey vs Westside... I don't know why, but I was going upset here. Nothing scientific, and in all likelihood very wrong. Wishful thinking perhaps. This just seems like game that could jump up and bite Surrey. No meaningful games for a month, and that was a 6-0 drubbing of this same Westside team. But in the end I just can't bet against the six time defending champions - at least not yet.

Castaways vs Burnaby... Gooner's group will take this one. Even with his UBC players missing. Serves you right for relying on UBC players. Go Clan! (KJ is going to kick me for that.) But even with that, Gooner has enough depth to get this done.

North Shore vs Prospect Lake... Ditto to Gooner's prediction. This is could be ugly.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will be an all-MWSL final four

If Gorge has the same team generally as last year, they will struggle to keep up with Coquitlam's pace on the flanks.....

Surrey United/North Shore final............

Pinto

Apr 17, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who do we send the fruit basket, flowers, thank-you card and flat of beer to for getting the Caps out of Provincials??? I don't know where to confirm things, but they were taken out of the bracket on the latest BC Soccer schedule (ACup(Women'sOpen))

Yeah it's great their gone they can now spend more time on their GRAD and getting their drivers licences. Wow are they that young. I was just wondering, if these youngsters are too good to play in your league now where are they going to play when they grow up? Any ideas, this is an honest and sincere question I am not being sarcastic I would really like to know.
This is not directed to those players and coaches that want to play with or against the best, but those players and coaches that play the game off the pitch better than they can on the pitch. Those people seem to set the standards of the league, so will they answer the question Where do they go to play?

Pinto

Apr 17, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
That being said I hope the rest of Cup play is decided on the pitch and not in the backroom. I wish Good Luck to all and may the best team win.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said, Pinto.......I think I know where you're going but I think I can answer your question.

There have been many players who have played in the Premier League over the years who were good enough to play at the highest level. The PRospects players are SUPPOSED to be the pick of the crop in grade 11 and 12 years. Most will go on to have successful university/college careers and some might even go to the next level......the rest will all play in the MWSL if they are local.

They are good players and have a good coach in Jesse Symons. However, I have seen them play against high school players too. Last year, one of the best players was completely marked out of a game by a provincial basketball player.....they are kids who still have lots to learn but they are also talented. By the time the finish university/college, they will be playing MWSL or VISL or PCL.......right?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0