Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's provincial cup

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just when I had no concern over the bottom premier teams I read the email about 7 MWSL teams making the provincial draw. Wow....exciting finish now....7th place team has 6 points, 8th has 4 points, 9th has 2 points....but 8th and 9th have games in hand....and 7th plays Westside but 8th and 9th play each other. So that means if.....
Awww, who am I kidding....I lost interest after typing the fourth word.
:wa:
Good luck to all. And in the immortal words of the Captain, "we're just happy to be here". :p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes....we're just happy to make it. That is our goal every year. :D I would love a little trip to the Island just for something different and I still wouldn't want to be playing us first round if I was one of the top 4 teams....:eek: We might have a couple of players coming......but then again, we might not. :D :(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FB, all joking aside, IF we are able to keep the group together, we will give most teams a decent game. I don't know if anyone else is having as much difficulty getting the same players out this year. :confused: As I said, last weekend was the first time we had 13 Premier players at a game. I've already been told by one player that she is unlikely to be around when cup play starts......and another saying there is a chance....To be totally honest, I have NO ONE else signing but to be totally honest, I wouldn't be surprised if we have a very quick exit this year too because of the lack of consistency in getting players out. I had to cancel training again last night due to low numbers......:( It has been a very disappointing season that way.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is it with the women's game and commitment? I knew what it was like from quite a few years ago, and expected some troubles, but I feel the Captain's pain....8 or 9 players at each training session the week before a cup game is tough to deal with. And we've had to cancel 3 training sessions in the past 4 weeks which makes any growth tough to develop. I guess I was a bit spoiled with coaching elite youth teams the last few years where mom and dad drove the girls to training so 95% or more attendance overall was the norm.
Now that we are in the League Cup final I just found out my UBC girls are in Victoria playing in UVIC's tournament that weekend and I'll be missing 3 others out of the country...and oh yeah, one of our top strikers did her knee and is gone until next year. But at least I've got two weeks now to practice my congratulatory speech to North Shore. :(

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gooner we had to cancel again tonight. 7 available. Awesome

Isn't it fun. We have 24 signed and 10 out last night. Don't think we've broken 13 in 3 months. Crazy. Kind of makes me miss coaching 10 year olds how to kick a ball as their parents all drive them to training! Not.
Maybe we'll bring the goals in and play 7v7, wonder if that has ever been done in a bc cup game before? :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Might be the way to go.....I've been told by our UBC players, next Tuesday is out again because of Big Block......so we will try to get something going on Thursday. Can we move the game to May when school is finished? :rolleyes:

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC girls? Almost forgot I have some as I haven't seen mine in such a long time. Actually, half the UBC team came to Vegas with us for the indoor nationals a month ago, funny how they got away for Vegas though. :(
We've had a solid committed core group of the same 8 or 9 players that have been at everything so they just may get rewarded with the starts and playing time down the stretch regardless of ability, too unfair to bring in players for substantial minutes that haven't trained much with us.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard CMF and SU have Caps babies on the cup warm up sched this week...any results?

We were supposed to play Caps tomorrow. They cancelled. :(

12 noon games on the Island suck. It's either the 7 or the 9. The 7 ferry means we have to have the team at the terminal by 6:30 at the very latest, means meeting at 5:30. 9 ferry makes for better morning, but we'll be lucky to get 45 mins of warm up. :mad:

And if we somehow manage to win, we get to do the same damn thing next week too.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain and Gooner are doing a bang up job of promoting their match. The way you guys are talking the only thing that will be remotely entertaining about this is watching you two trying to sandbag each other.

Remind me to never play snooker, darts or cards with either of you.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes,FB, I'm lying through my teeth. We have had a minimum of 14 players to training all season and we really don't have players going away. On top of that we have been practicing 4 times a week and playing two friendlies in between practices. I forgot to mention the daily conference calls with all the players.

We're ready to go right now.................

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good stuff captain, I like it.
BTW, are we on for poker tonight? :)
FB, I hate island trips....used to do it with metro youth teams and you hit it on the head about the mornings of ferry fun. We got to the point of going over on Saturday nights and had a great dinner out and some extra bonding time. I know we can't do that with women though due to work/families/etc.....
PS - not to sandbag further, but when 3 players come up to you and say "I think we forgot to tell you but we're going to Cancun for a week"....during cup play....ummmm, yeah....FML, this season might actually push me back to youth soccer!

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
We were supposed to play Caps tomorrow. They cancelled. :(

I know Caps moved their Surrey game to Sunday (tomorrow). Side note, heard they might have a couple "ringers" picked up in time for a cup run.
We tried to get a game with them but they couldn't fit us in so we arranged one with Westside for tomorrow.
When I asked their coach about a possible early matchup with North Shore in cup, his reply was "we beat them 7-1 and 4-0 in friendlies so we'll be OK". Interesting. Young bravado....I don't think he's seen the wrath of women and their studs at cup time. ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good stuff captain, I like it.
BTW, are we on for poker tonight? :)
FB, I hate island trips....used to do it with metro youth teams and you hit it on the head about the mornings of ferry fun. We got to the point of going over on Saturday nights and had a great dinner out and some extra bonding time. I know we can't do that with women though due to work/families/etc.....
PS - not to sandbag further, but when 3 players come up to you and say "I think we forgot to tell you but we're going to Cancun for a week"....during cup play....ummmm, yeah....FML, this season might actually push me back to youth soccer!

Already done for me. :) I'm really looking forward to it actually.

Cancun, eh? Perhaps we could get a pitch there and play? :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts