Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Won't you be my neighbour? Good-bye neighbour.

Who was your favorite Mr. Rogers character?

• King Friday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Queen Sara

• Prince Tuesday

• Herrietta Pussycat

• X the Owl

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • That cool trolly train

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Won'y you be my neighbour? Good-bye neighbour.

Fred Rogers, better known as television's "Mister Rogers," a cultural icon and kindly neighbor to generations of American children, died Thursday at the age of 74.

Rogers died at his home in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, after a brief battle with stomach cancer, according to a spokeswoman for his production company.

David Newell, a Rogers family spokesman, told The Associated Press that Rogers was exactly as he appeared on TV.

"He was so genuinely, genuinely kind, a wonderful person," said Newell, who played Mr. McFeely on the show. "His mission was to work with families and children for television. ... That was his passion, his mission, and he did it from Day One."

Rogers began developing his ideas for children's programming in the 1950s. He is best known for "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood," which began in its early form in 1963 as a show on the Canadian Broadcasting Corp.

Rogers took the idea to the United States and in 1967, the first "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" aired on Pittsburgh's WQED. A year later, PBS picked it up.

The last original "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" aired in 2001, making it PBS's longest-running program ever.
This is sad news. Who didn't watch this show when they were kids?

I wonder how Queen Sara, and King Friday are doing right now. I wish I could give them both a big hug, and then jump on that trolly train and forget about this for awhile.

Rest in piece Mr. Rogers. Now you're truly everyones neighbour.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He was an honourary member of the Pittsburg Penguins as well. Take them tonight on Willhill/Sportaction - they'll be inspired.

Or gutted.

:D

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob, after that eulogy, I want to give you a hug.:(

First Mr. Dressup, now Mr. Rogers. Very sad. God owes us one...take Barney next time, please.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Dressup? When did he die? Last I heard he headlined a discussion forum 2 years ago at SFU's Highland Pub.

On a related note to Rogers: did anyone listen carefully to the show's music? That was some fcuking complex jazz. Darn tootin' piano playing.

KeeperwhopreferedMr.Dressupanyways--moreteched.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was something terribly wrong with those two. Grown men, puppets and something called a tickle trunk just gave me the creeps.

I'll be fcuked if my kid is going to watch Barney either.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
good-bye......

was quite surprised to here of Mr. Rogers' death this morning...wasn't even aware he was ill. Therob is correct, who didn't watch it at some point in their kidhood. I watched the show cause my old man hated it. With any luck that purple lizard will be next....aren't they supposed to be extinct? Not soon enough, me thinks.

lupoman:(

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therob is correct, who didn't watch it at some point in their kidhood.

I would have watched cricket before watching that boring load of rubbish.

Let's just hope everyone from ZOOM and Polka Dot Door is still in good health.

It's been a tough enough day for TheRob.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of which, the rug rat was watching CBC Kids this morning, and the redheaded host, Allyson, is kind of hot! She has a dirty look about her, and I'm strangely aroused.

She's hot sort of like the chick from Titanic is hot (forgot her name). Some (Jinky) may say she's not hot at all, but I think she deserves to be on most people's "Plus size" list.

I hope this isn't too far off topic. It is related. Sort of. Well, not really.

Allyson is Hot.

I need to get laid.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Post a picture of her then ya lazy git.

TheRob,

Romper Room?

Haven't you got some puppets to hug and a toy train to crush?

Ya big jessie.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Christ on a hang-glidder!!

Why don't you just start a new thread called "Marginal Female Celebrities (with a hole and a heartbeat) Dude Thinks Are Kind Of Hot"?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Title's too long.

C'mon...you can tell the truth here...you're fantasizing about having your way with Alyson in the kitchen at Cassa à Jinks right now, aren't you? Dirty bastard.

On the flip side, mini Dude’s babysitter at the gym is named Alyson, too. About 4’9”, blond, ~95 lbs, 30 lbs of it in the tits. She’d make the short list too.

Are we still on topic?

I need to get laid.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0