Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Cup commercials I’m already sick of...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Budweiser bottle/glass crowd thing. I hate the beer to begin with this isn’t helping.

If I see Meatloaf and that other wanker watching that “game” behind the guy with the lap top again, I’ll snap.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it's 'cause I just don't understand it. That and it's the only one I could remember and I wanted to contribute to Henrik's new thread!

:D

Anyone want to contribute a WC 'commercial' for Wednesday's Up Front broadcast? I'm at work right now, we could record it over the phone and I can put a music bed to it afterwards. Seriously, PM me in the next hour or so if anyone is interested :D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anything with the name "Toshiba" on it.

I like the +10 commercials -- particularly the "Beckenbauer" and "Platini" ones.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seconded. But, the perfume matches the man, doesn't it? Fcuking poof...

Love the +10 commercials.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta check out the adidas site for the whole +10 (actually 2 segments). It's been cut up into chunks for the North American market (since we don't have an attention span that can handle ads longer than 30 seconds).

Jim Noir's "Eanie Meany" in the background is a great pick. Sounds so much like Clapton it's scary....

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I see the three tossers with the MP3 Phone from Rogers Wireless and the "Hip Hop loving" oompah band again I'm going to kill myself.

I like the +10 ads...Especially the look on Kakas face after he wires the ball at defoe and it hits the car!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Each night before bed I'm praying that the two guys in the little red car suffer a mortal accident as they race around the roundabout. Knobs.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya know I just don't like Hyundai's. Why would you not use more than two commercials? I hate that ****ing minivan one. Especially because it's now hitting my demographic. ****.

My wife watches the games with me, misses all the goals, annoys me with questions, like "Chris why can't you shoot like that? Chris how come when these guys pass to each other it goes to thier feet?", and then tells me we need a minivan everytime that ad comes on, every 10 minutes. GOD HELP ME.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just glad they aren't doing the picture in picture that they did last time around. Squinting at the little picture in the corner to avoid looking at the Amstel Light ad, or whatever it was, really pissed me off.
It's much better having the games play right through.
Even the replays stop the game for a minute to show a couple 30 second ones, then go back to the game. Much better that way

~SCORE MORE~

Jul 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with all of the above commercials mentioned in descending order:

1. Rogers... "The best places on earth are with your friends..." riiiiiiiiggghht
2. Toshiba... Idiots with real bad hair suck at playing with an imaginary ball.
3. ?Hyundai Car... Because we all really want to drive Hyundai's
4. Budweiser... Why did Bud have to be the primary sponsor? Not as if there is a shortage of beer in Germany!

Uno, Dose, Tres.... Aaaay! <--Best commercial by far!

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
does budweiser really qualify as beer??? i think i tried it once in my life, ******* Yanks have to try to take over everything

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hehe here are some other tips : CZECHWAR #1 its a must, ZIWIEC #2 (polish), WOLFSTEINER (german), and the rest that can fill the cooler are : Baron, Devil, Sprocht something its german from Munich very good, Okocim, Duckstein....there usually fill my fridge in fours of each :D i like my beer

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts