Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Junior Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The best hockey tournament starts on Christmas day. Canada plays France at 6am our time. I love this tournament. Good hardnosed hockey for a week and half straight. Hopefully Canada can start another winning streak like they had in the mid 90's.

Go Canada Go!!!:D

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therob

You are dead on with this one. It is good old hockey with a lot of skill, an as of late they have started to do some hitting. I think Canada should do well they have a lot of guys returning from last years squad, and where very close to making it to the Gold last time.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A good start for the boys.

From TSN.ca...........
(Dec 20) tsn.ca - Brad Boyes had a goal and three assists to lead Canada to a 6-1 win over Liberec, a division one club team in the Czech Republic.

Mike Cammalleri scored twice and added an assist in the rather chippy affair, which produced 96 minutes in penalties.

Jason Spezza, Steve Ott and Jared Aulin had the other goals for Canada.

Tomas Plihal was the only player to beat Canadian goaltender Pascal Leclaire, who faced just 12 shots in the game.

Canada faces France in the opening match of the World Junior Hockey Championship on Christmas Day. Catch that game live on TSN starting at 9:00 am et/6:00 am pt.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One that I know of.

Nathan Barret was in camp, but he was cut last week.:eek: He is the only Canuck prospect that I know of.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
15 - 0 win Canada over France. Big score but does not represent the game. France was in it the whole time. They were just about to give a comeback but unfortunately 60minutes had passed:D France will give 'em a better next time around:eek:

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
another good win again for are juniors today 6-1 vs the swiss.. makes that 13 in a row vs the swiss..they look very good this year(canada) i think they will bring home the gold

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
that game against the Swiss was a good game up til the third. Swiss have a good side and play really tough, as can be seen with their supposed upset against Finland 3-0.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
funny game

This was a good outing by the Canadians, as the always threatening Russians gave them a fight.

But the funniest part of this game was how the Russians thought they could match the Canadians in physical play and toughness. Simply put, the Russians got rocked all over the ice. Just look at Canada's third goal!

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
a little late

Info is old, but no one has posted it so I will.
Finland 4 - Canada 1

Finland and Canada both finish in Group B with a record of 3-1.
Because Finland beat Canada, they finish first and face the Checks(3rd place in Group A) in the Quarter-Finals. Canada finished second and plays Sweden(2nd in Group A).

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
russia vs swiss

Anyone watch this game? I can't believe the cheap shot by the Russians. 4 on 1, and then the guy has the nerve to sucker punch the guy in the back of the head.I always said that Russians had no class and they showed it Yesterday.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada plays switzerland in the semis tomorrow after a big win vs sweden. Camalleri scored a beauty and looks like he could be a future stare in the nhl.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada 4 - 0 Switzerland

Canada has clinched at least a silver medal after beating Switzerland 4-0 in the semifinals of the World Junior Hockey Championship in the Czech Republic.

Designated checkers Steve Ott and Brian Sutherby came through at the offensive end as Canada broke open a scoreless game with three strikes in the second period.

Ott opened the scoring with a shorthanded goal at 6:04 with Jason Spezza in the penalty box. On the scoring play, Ott worked the puck in front to Jarret Stoll and banged home a rebound after after Swiss goaltender Tobias Stephan failed to control a weak shot.

Six minutes later, Sutherby found Mike Cammalerri alone on the right wing and he wrested a shot inside the far post for a 2-0 Canadian advantage. It was Cammalerri’s seventh goal of the tournament, giving him 11 for his world junior career, one off Eric Lindros’ Canadian record.

On his next shift, it was Sutherby’s turn to score. After a good rush by Ott, Sutherby crashed the crease and chipped in Canada’s third goal.

The second period goals were a welcome sight after the Canadian side was frustrated in the first period. Stephan had stopped 18 shots in the first 20 minutes to keep the game scoreless before finally succumbing to the barrage in the second period.

Despite dominating the Swiss, Canada still needed some key saves from goaltender Pascal Leclaire to stay in the game. Though he was not tested often, Leclaire was called upon to stop two breakaways in the first period, and he made no mistakes when the rest of the team got sloppy in the third period.

Canada finished the Swiss for good with 1:36 to play when Ott lofted his second goal of the game into an empty net.

Canada will play the winner of the Finland-Russia game for the gold medal on Friday at 2:00 pm et on TSN.

Canada’s last gold medal win came in 1997.

They'll play either, Russia, or Finland. Should be a great game either way.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's funny that all four semi-finalists came from the same first round group. Great result for the Swiss though. It's got to be their best result ever in a real international tournament (I don't include the Spegler Cup of course).

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goaltending

In todays game vs the swiss Pascal Leclair was excellent. I am just wondering if anybody knows who has his rights in the nhl. He's ugly , I mean really ugly but is a good goalie and is still young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0