Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Xmas DVD's received

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the rapid proliferation of DVD players among Canadian households, I imagine DVDs, and the boxsets thereof, were a huge gift giving and receiving item last month.

So which, if any did you receive? What were the big movers and shakers this (last) year?

In our household, your truly received two boxsets: Indiana Jones & Star Wars. The bonus material (making of documentaries) are extremely interesting.

For her, a couple of chick flicks (A League of their Own & Fried Green Tomatoes) and a classic for the both of us (Guess Who's Coming to Dinner).

A tidy score for Christmas.

Of course I had to reward myself during the post-Boxing Day sales with the original Spaghetti Westerns Trilogy: Fist Full of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. :cool:

Anyone else? . . .

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My wife and I did not get any DVD's but my daughter who is 1 1/2 years old got a DVD player and recieved The Grinch who Stole Christmas and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
Spoiled brat.
:)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rock Star & Lord of the Rings (last one)

For her, Love Actually & the Harry Potter box set.

Yippee.

~Regs.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
While I've already posted this somewhere else, I'll re-state that I received the first three seasons of Seinfeld on DVD. They've been something of a disappointment because, as many people have forgotten, the first few seasons of Seinfeld weren't exceptionally funny. Oh sure, you have a few good episodes, like the one with Bookman the library detective, "these pretzels are making me thirsty" and Jerry destroying Babu Bat. But a lot of them are kind of dull, mostly because the K-Man hadn't really come into his own yet. Keep in mind, seasons 1-3 were those lean years when Seinfeld was routinely getting worked by Jake and the Fat Man in the ratings game.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dodge Ball - Simply... it was fcuking awful. I imagine the next time I watch it I'll come to the same conclusion. Marsha Brady should never be seen in shorts again. Ally McBeal was on roids comparatively speaking. Vince, I can't seem to get a role playing another character, Vaughn was only mildly funny the 9th time I saw it.

Meatballs - I can't believe my mom found it.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by That ass bandit who helps Dude run
Dodge Ball - Simply... it was fcuking awful.
You've lost it mate... Seriously, smoke a J (I know I haven't seen you in a while to stock you up) and sit back and ignore what the wife is yelling in your other ear... It is a good laugh and one of my personal favourites for '04... Not that my opinion means much, but I can sit back and enjoy a daft yet funny film now and then... ;)

"I'm not gonna lie to ya, it's gonna get a little weird"
"I want two dragons"!!!

My DVD collection consists of nothing other than comedy... I can rent a serious film from the 7-day shelf at Rogers if I want mind stimulation... I can always sit back and enjoy repeats of some of my laugh material, like the Chappell Show, Office Space, Old School, Dodgeball and Super Troopers to name a few...

How about right meow???

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
For her, Love Actually & the Harry Potter box set.
Jeez, don't let her on TTP -- she'll get ripped by the London-Wonder for taking a shine for Wizards et al.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No worries... G was over.

I'll watch meatballs 9 more times before I watch Dodge ball 6. I hope you're picking up on the theme now. I'd hate to go back and quote then highlight my post for you. It's does no one any good.

PS. I can also make Dude Jump, roll over and beg for beer but the bastage still won't sit pretty no matter how many Scooby snacks I throw his way.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei, I'm not sure I understand. When the hell was Seinfeld ever funny? That show licks more balls than the entire dog population of the SPCA.

I sat around on Christmas eve at my little blisters and watched her and her boyfriend open a million presents from his parents, who happened to be sitting on my damn bed (read:couch) all night. I, of course, received nothing except the joy of getting drunker and drunker and taking the piss a little more rudely with every drink. The look on my sister's face said, "Oh shite, what the hell is he going to say next?!". My sister got a Sarah Mclachlan concert DVD while her boyfriend got 'Little Women' or something. At that point I had to make a decision. Either go for a walk or take the piss hard and face the prospect of street living.

So, anyone need their windshield squeegeed?

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Hub and I received Spider Man 2 which sucked arse hard, and Matrix Revolution which I think is the 2nd one? I have yet to see it, but if it is as good as the first, I am down wit dat!!

Spider Man 2 ...are you kidding me? I heard that this movie was better than the first, and there was more of a story, and the graphics...blah blah blah...and IT SUCKED!! My man and I both were disappointed and it is definately going to sit on the shelf and collect dust because I'll never watch it again. Spider Man on the other hand...worth another boo.

Oh...and we received the box set of Star Wars which is always a pleasure to pop in!!

striker14

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dap,

Quit following me around.

Anyways, it became funny in 1992 when Kramer yelled "I'm out" and slammed his money down on the table...proclaiming to all that he clearly was not master of his own domain. Everybody knows that.

I suppose we all can't share in the comedic genius of you yelling at your sister and her boyfriend while shotgunning another Bacardi Breezer. That sounds more like an episode of Maury Povich, which is neither funny, nor available on DVD.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Me...

Band of Brothers...

Well worth the 10 hours of watching...

Pumping Iron...

by far, Arnold's best movie...

McLintock!

One of the Duke's best ever.

The wife...

A bunch of sappy drivel that I was forced to watch and have had to try to block from memory.

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got the Extended Edition Boxset of Lord of the Rings.... awesome! 12 hours of footage (he added almost an hour to each flick) plus hours of "how its made" stuff. 12 DVD's in all!! I don't have enough time to watch it all.

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood...nobody :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0