Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Y-league try outs

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Khalsa is a side that started fifty years ago. Khalsa always head agroup of community guys pay the costs. It was a first Punjabi side in BC. They only play in the summer. Players come from many Punjabi clubs and rest of the Lower Mailand community. Now to go and tell who what where is not needed. As you can see it is a good club to play on.
PCSL is the best level of soccer you can play in BC next to White Caps. Maybe even better than Whitecaps. All the players are Canadian. To me that is very important. As far as my own side. If you run a club than you must be in charge. If players cover the costs than you have nothing but in fights. It is almost impossible to finish the season with guys and their hot heads. Just think of it this way. Big anf fat pays the same price. He dimends to play how do you think you will do in the league. In senior soccer it is all about winning.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like a good season out on Mountain again eh? You and Abby should both make the semi's in Florida again eh??

My own team did well as well. Entered 4 tournys, won 2, undefeated in one (but finished third in that group stage so didn't progress...), and third place in the other tourny. Beat Abby, Surrey United, Richmond metro teams, as well as Washington Premier A, Washington Crossfire A, and Issaquah A - only finally losing to the defending Washington State champs - River City, last minute of OT.

Sorry we never got a game - despite my boys being hammered by Abby u16 SYL, Victoria u18 TWICE(!), we woulda given ya a good game based on results v. those other very strong teams! :)

The younger Mountain teams were once again strong.

I am coaching the Abby u11 Mariners teams this year, and am looking forward to those games v. Mountain when we get to u13 SYL!

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base,

First off, never once did I say I am one of the best coaches around and can coach. I have just started a couple of years ago and learning different things every day. So don't tell me I think I can coach when you don't know who I have been learning from. I have been lucky to have my mentors of who they are today. Andrea Agnoloni (The man who brought me under his wing), Hubert Busby (Ex-LA Sol Assistant Coach, Now Whitecaps Womens Head Coach), Steve Meadley (Whitecaps Residency Assistant Coach), and Frank Ciaccia (Not only a great player, but a great coach). So Mr. Base, just so you know, development is whats on our mind. From our Mountain team that we started with in U-13, we have sent up 2 players into the Residency, and 2 into the Prospects. And every coach wants to win, if not, maybe you shouldn't be coaching at all cuz I wouldn't want to be losing every game.

I think some of our last decades back into the '80s years have been wasted trying to develop individual player skills among the most talented players that disappears in games. To me a good player is one who has not only top individual skills but is a player who can create plays that help his team win games. He knows how to play in a team and contribute. If not, you get a talented guy who gets lost in a game against good teams and more experienced players. My sense with some guys who have gone overseas or South America is that when they come back for a summer game or part of a winter schedule is that they have been training hard on the skills but not so great on the team side.

Masry is right - coaches have to develop players who understand the game and what it takes to win games and how they can make a contribution. The proof is in the the players who go on as he says. It is not so much you don't want to be losing games as a coach but if players can't help teams win how good are they.

In hockey by the time a Canadian player reaches the NHL he has played on good, bad and sometimes ugly teams all the while developing his individual skills and improving his ability to find ways to help his team win. Even a top player can find himself mired on a younger team that struggles but they don't stay there long so they see it and experience a lot of styles and good coaching on the way to the pros.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like a good season out on Mountain again eh? You and Abby should both make the semi's in Florida again eh??

My own team did well as well. Entered 4 tournys, won 2, undefeated in one (but finished third in that group stage so didn't progress...), and third place in the other tourny. Beat Abby, Surrey United, Richmond metro teams, as well as Washington Premier A, Washington Crossfire A, and Issaquah A - only finally losing to the defending Washington State champs - River City, last minute of OT.

Sorry we never got a game - despite my boys being hammered by Abby u16 SYL, Victoria u18 TWICE(!), we woulda given ya a good game based on results v. those other very strong teams! :)

The younger Mountain teams were once again strong.

I am coaching the Abby u11 Mariners teams this year, and am looking forward to those games v. Mountain when we get to u13 SYL!

Well on you bettermirror, we had a pretty good season. We were hit with many injuries this year as we had a 22 man roster go down to 17. One of our players only played 2 games this season but he still managed to score 5 times but it was alright.

Hopefully us and Abby can reach the semi's atleast. Imagine a final of Mountain V.S. Abby in the North American Championships. HAHA!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think some of our last decades back into the '80s years have been wasted trying to develop individual player skills among the most talented players that disappears in games. To me a good player is one who has not only top individual skills but is a player who can create plays that help his team win games. He knows how to play in a team and contribute. If not, you get a talented guy who gets lost in a game against good teams and more experienced players. My sense with some guys who have gone overseas or South America is that when they come back for a summer game or part of a winter schedule is that they have been training hard on the skills but not so great on the team side.

Masry is right - coaches have to develop players who understand the game and what it takes to win games and how they can make a contribution. The proof is in the the players who go on as he says. It is not so much you don't want to be losing games as a coach but if players can't help teams win how good are they.
In hockey by the time a Canadian player reaches the NHL he has played on good, bad and sometimes ugly teams all the while developing his individual skills and improving his ability to find ways to help his team win. Even a top player can find himself mired on a younger team that struggles but they don't stay there long so they see it and experience a lot of styles and good coaching on the way to the pros.

Something wrong with the bold, Reccos..........could you please tell me how this makes a 10 year-old player a better player? Are you not talking about individual development? FAR too many coaches are in coaching because winning is the only thing FOR THE COACH. They will not play players during league games which should be used as devlopment games. It looks really bad on the coach if they lose........at least to a good portion. I've just taken on the Richmond U-15 Metro team which had no coach at the end of last year. The first thing I was told was that their 3 best players were moving to another team(actually they were poached) and their goalie was asked to move up a year because that year's goalie left. My point.....I was told this because the team did really well with all these players but it is likely not going to happen this year. I'm guessing we will lose more than we win this year but I will go out on a limb and say the players will be better players at the end of the year as they will all be playing and hopefully learning how to play the game. So I ask you, Reccos, if we lose more than we win, does that mean the players have no chance of improving, even the 'elite' players on the team if there were any?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0