Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Y-league try outs

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it best we ignore Mr Base on this subject now?

Anyone have any insight into how current SYL teams are doing in pre-season? Some trouble brewing in both Surrey FC and Abby on the boys side! Surrey u16 has dropped out. Abby u15 is teetering.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are going to start this week. Tough to get all your players with the Coastal Cup still going on but its good for us only one team left that have our players hahah.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
MASRY did young Jacob make your U14 B side. What the heck did you do to my X BC player. He is always on your side. He head lots of pace and hart. In tight things ??. Over all grate guy and a good team person.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
MASRY did young Jacob make your U14 B side. What the heck did you do to my X BC player. He is always on your side. He head lots of pace and hart. In tight things ??. Over all grate guy and a good team person.

Who is your ex BC player? And the team roster hasn't been released yet. We are still in discussion of the team as we had a cup game with our U-18B team to prepare for this past weekend.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror I know it is Y league thread. I was just asking Masry a question. I head tuns of X BC players. Good ten played in USL. Jacabonni fit by far was the best player.
Dam girls would not leave him alone. Best over all was Nick Stankov played for Edmonton USL club. Six foot six guy. Could kick the ball fom his box in to opposing box every time.
Masry has two guys that will make a BC team next year. Back to Y leagues. It is a good league you guys need to work on Alberta to join the league. Nothing better than an all Canadian group.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that U13 boys are faster than Masry. Is that true? Stick to greens. I hate like hell to see one of the keepers in need of hard work outs. Cromab what is going on? Why is that dam truck talking. Alert to MBI members. Over trying always stops the prodactivity. Some Y league sides look good, other not so much. Room for improvmernt is always good.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse the boy is in for a ride. Hot tomaly comming his way. Ghouse are you going up there to start a new side. That was heck of a good idea. You could even have a Y league side. Nice to hear from you. Even if it was only lol.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
But I could my grandad was American cityzen. He does not have to go that way. PCSL has got reseve side and girl reseve side. They all can still go to the same tournament as rest. It is not that hard to get in. I realy have no intarast in takeking kids before they go through they youth change. More than half do not progress in speed and that becomes a huge problem plus size is a factor in tournaments like that. Colin Miller went to bigger guys and still came back with empty hands. Y league is a good idea but in my opinion a BC Y league is more important. All we need to do is go to PCSL and it is all in place. Cost would be half to what it is now. That is why only few sides can go to Y league from here.
Times are getting tougher we need to worry more about our own Provice. Smaller cities could use a boost.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi Base, being American has no relevance to owning a SYL team. I'm not sure what you are getting at re: tournaments? You mean American tournaments? Speed and size do not become a factor in tournaments like what?

Currently it IS only a BC Y League - they simply send 2-3 teams down to Florida in November who are top of the league table.

What do you mean Go to PCSL and it's all in place??? PCSL is u21 and Men only, no youth programs to speak of. (Though Chwk is developing a Youth PCSL program for itself).

You said you don't have interest in taking kids before they go through the youth change? So you don't want youth soccer!?

I know you are trying to promote BC kids and programs so all of CANADA will benefit. I get that. But your statements are mind-boggling!

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
colin took just big guys? what about gagan? he is 5ft tops. he came with my team to florida, two years older than his own age? i don't understand where you get these facts? colin based nothing on height or weight. The only things colin looked for were weather or not players would fit into his squad, what role they would play, what assests they could bring to the table, how he could improve their weaker points, and mostly their attitudes towards the game. Colin knows the game and doesn't just want a bunch of tall guys who trip over there own feet. Don't pull down a great coach like Colin when you don't personally know the guy.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did Colin even get to pick the players? Hadn't Neindorf already selected the residency squad prior to Colin being brought in? I'd also not call Sweda or Clarke "big guys."

Having observed and been around Colin, MB10 is spot-on. Colin wants footballers.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission Colin is a small guy. Not a big guy. You never find better League than PCSL. A true BC summer League with both girls and men. You could easy add U 16 sides to PCSL. Forget U13 and U14. Wate and see who is going to have the size to play.
You could go to same Tournament as Y league sides. To US it is all about money and that is all. They could not care who wins the tournament. And as far as your small guy on the team. He personaly has got long ways to go to be at upper level. Do me a faver and check out PCSL senior men this year and you will see ten young guys better than Gaghan. It is only to a coach who he likes more on his side. I wishh young Gaghan all the best. It is a mean league when you step in to senior soccer. What Colin wants is five sixfooters with one tatch game. Forget guys that hold on to the ball way way to long. Them boys are good for tap dancing. Masry has got two that will be sixfoot and have very good foot skill.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Y league teams might go to other tourny's, but the one they actually play for is the SYL finals. u13 and u14 is critical Base - they need somewhere to play. As does 8 years olds, 6 year olds etc. Get over this "wait and see" thing. If you "wait and see" the players will not develop adequate skill.

I think it is a big stretch for you to say you know what Mr. Miller wants in his players, Base. A very big stretch.

And yes, PCSL could add u16 sides, and u18 sides. I think that it should - but with SYL around, there are no players. All the serious players in the summer are in SYL.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
bettermirror said:
Y league teams might go to other tourny's, but the one they actually play for is the SYL finals. u13 and u14 is critical Base - they need somewhere to play. As does 8 years olds, 6 year olds etc. Get over this "wait and see" thing. If you "wait and see" the players will not develop adequate skill.

I think it is a big stretch for you to say you know what Mr. Miller wants in his players, Base. A very big stretch.

And yes, PCSL could add u16 sides, and u18 sides. I think that it should - but with SYL around, there are no players. All the serious players in the summer are in SYL.
Exactly how I woulda put it bettermirror. But too add one more thing base Gagan is a great player that's why he is in Germany right now so too say there's bette players here is a far stretch, there may be I won't dispute that but too be sooooo sure is a little rediculous.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0