Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Zack Kassian

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for the signing. Although it appears he has his life in order after rehab, he's still a risk and do we want to bring old news back or move on to bigger and better things?

I think too much risk for not enough reward.
If he was an offensive powerhouse it might be worth it. There are other guys they could go after that play that role with less risk

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My worry about Jake is his shoulder. Is it a problematic thing?

Zac...I liked his potential when he was here, was a fan, but he also screwed himself with his lifestyle. Glad he seems to have cleaned up, and honestly, would rather at this point see him have success in Edmonton, maybe win a cup, than to try and make it work here again.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wtf I do not want to see Edmonton get another cup. I would much rather see Mcdavid demand a trade because he doesn't want to live in a shithole. Same with Mathews. Kassian hope he does well but his time in Vancouver is done.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know what? I'm resigned to the fact our team is going to be the shits for the next 5 or so years, maybe more.

I like Edmonton's team, and yeah, if we can't here, I don't mind seeing them win there. The reality is that Mcdavid will have to leave Edmonton, or the Canucks will have to draft a player with as much impact in order for the Canucks to compete inside the next 10 seasons.

Depressing thought.

I've never been one to tie my loyalty to a team outside my home town, but I would like to see certain players have success. Those a are a couple.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reality is that we need to tank for years on end to get top picks and top players.
Chicago,
Pittsburgh,
Edmonton has to burst soon.

You do it for half a decade and it sets you up for years. Not many franchises winning these days that didn't do it years back. Maybe LA Kings haven't tanked for years...

Canucks need minimum a few seasons of top 5 picks to truly get some top pieces.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reality is that we need to tank for years on end to get top picks and top players.
Chicago,
Pittsburgh,
Edmonton has to burst soon.

You do it for half a decade and it sets you up for years. Not many franchises winning these days that didn't do it years back. Maybe LA Kings haven't tanked for years...

Canucks need minimum a few seasons of top 5 picks to truly get some top pieces.

Well they better have a plan for losing their top 2 forwards at the same time very soon . That won't be an easy hole to fill.

As for tanking, the fans here don't get it and would be pissed if we tanked for a few seasons. They'd rather have a mediocre team and complain than have a shitty team for the greater good. We are truly Canadian and couldn't be the team to tank, it's not in us.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately, that belief (and I agree with you) may end up setting back the club another 25 years. I really don't think we'll even see the playoffs for another 5, if we're lucky, and if we do before then, it is really at the team's detriment, draft position wise.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's just do 3 years of maple leafing it and hopefully pick a few studs to get some more depth.

Will be tough to beat the stacked Edmonton team for the next 5-10 years anyways. Sigh.
We had our time gents. Just hope my boys get to see the magic of a cup run like I did in 94'.
13 years old. And fell in love with bure and the team.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When the twins leave, what do we have left?
We have nobody really worth trading for a big name, and there's no future for someone to even wanna come here. As well, management doesn't wanna spend money and pay for the big names. And when's the last time we drafted a diamond in the rough? In fact,when's the last time we drafted a stud right to the first team? Virtanen is the closest we've had. Usually they go straight to the minors "to develop" and seem to get lost. Kesler I guess fits the bill I guess but even he went to Manitoba first.

Rant over. Still no to Kassian :)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd be a massive Mike Gillis fan if we'd won in 2011. All this pain now would be worth it. Now? I'm not so sure. We sold the farm to cash in, and they were just short. Still bitter about that run, always will be.

Gotta be a tank job. This road trip may put the nail in Willy's coffin, cause I don't see them coming back w/ more than 2 points.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...and, as was pointed out on the radio this morning, I'd LOVE to see more of the prospects playing in the big club, being broken in like the twins were, and given some range to play offensively.

On that angle, I support bringing back Marc Crawford. Attack you way out of the cellar.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
But they put us in a good situation to win those years. That's the eb and flow of salary cap hockey.

We had a second and third overall pick that helped us to the cup final. (Sedins)

We were the best team in the world for two seasons. Back to back presidents cup champs.
In most sports that means a hell of a lot.
Yah we lost game 7, but all included we were the best team around for those seasons.
And the rules somewhat changed or morphed that cup finals. We were not built for a game 7 and or if the rules were "season" rules, we would have won.

Go nucks! Please tank for 3-5 years so we get a realistic chance of a solid team!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0