Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CSB Bails Out League Uno BC

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

This League has been eventful I guess you could say?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
“We are proud to have developed and introduced League1 BC into the soccer landscape of British Columbia and Canada,” said Jason Elligott, Executive Director, BC Soccer. “Introducing this level of play helped fill a gap in the pathway. We are thankful for the support CSB provided BC Soccer as the league was introduced and we will continue to be here to support the league as the operations shift out of the BC Soccer offices.”
I thought he quit?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

This League has been eventful I guess you could say?

I think this was always an inevitability. CSB wants to control the pyramid. They will eventually operate all the L1s across Canada and introduce a tier 2 level in between L1 and CPL

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not quite L1BC, but a close cousin in a total shambles. Rumor is these guys dropped $750k on their 1st season and never recovered.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

So Unity now moving operations to Surrey United.

Also I don't believe this was the announcement to which @dezza was alluding.

Slowly but surely it appears the youth clubs are working their way into the L1BC set up.

Will be interested to see if this helps the Pro-Am model and brings more money to the league set up. Or if it just waters down the product and slowly L1BC becomes just a glorified summer league.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nah this is not the announcement... the 8th team is going to be Burnaby FC, playing out of BBY Lake.

regarding what happens to the product... L1O got so watered down they recently went to a 3 tier format:

L1O Premier
L1O Championship
L2O

Spankmemanky

Apr 18, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
We need new blood and new ideas…& a legitimate pathway out of the mediocrity that playing in BC entails.

This is just another version of what they did at youth with Metro/HPL/BCSPL or whatever it is now….everyone wants their slice to sell to their members that they have “the pathway”

When it reality the path will changes at the whims of the aggrieved or the dicktators that want something different in a few years time

SoccerDaD14

Jan 22, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow....hearing that Victoria Highlanders have folded....given up their spot in the Canadian Championships!. Apparently the new owners of League one BC have told all member clubs that they may no longer have sponsors? They have also told the teams that players in League 1 BC are not to play in adult nationals, or risk being banned from League one? Sounds like a shitty idea for a league that operates 3 months of the year. What are the players to do for the other 9 months..Beginning of the end?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0