Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA World Cup 2014 - Brazil

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In honour of the Dutch today :)

dutch-girl.jpg

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If anyone got this bet right I owe you a case
You'd owe them a brewery

If not for another Brazillian dive ;) this would have been 5-0 inclusive of other very poor officials decisions in the first half hour against the Dutch. They could have folded but it galvanized them in this match anyways.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The stadium chanting ole with every Dutch touch in the last ten minutes was fantastic.

That Van Persie guy is pretty good hey? goal of the tourney?

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there no other feed than CBC for this? The CBC analysis is painful. Next up will be Cassie Campbell giving commentary.
They are poor aren't they?
Nigel Reed hasn't got a clue about the game, he just has a posh English accent that sounds OK as a commentator, but he does not know the game.
I guess it comes down to credibility,I would rather listen to analysis from Don Hutchison or Craig Burley, or Andy Townsend any day.
They don't dress it up, or mince their words.
The Girl hosting is a Hockey fan, her twitter account is hockey.
What chance have we got?

Last edited:

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to say, aside from some shocking calls by refs in the earlier games, overall they are not blowing the whistle for everyone taking a dump on the ground. Today's match was well reffed

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Refereeing has been quite dodgy so far, feel bad for g. Dos santos - robbed of two goals. The AR was too quick with his flag.

Day 1 pk for brazil, the guy got it all wrong, somewhat luckily for him Oscar got another which took a bit of heat off the man in the middle.

Spain pk was deserved, but how bout that looping header from RVP! Beautiful.

Uruguay stunned in today's group opener, I know some people who picked Uruguay to win their group...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy if you have had a day and a half to see the replays and think the Spain peno was still deserved you have no position of authority to speak on these games.

How good was Drogba tonight? Surely he's not starting next game on the bench

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Drogba wasn't so much a factor by what he did than by his potential to do things. He was definitely a catalyst, but if you watched him, he wasn't directly involved in either of the Cote d'Ivoire goals except as a way to split the attention of the Japanese defence.

BTW, it would be James as pronounced in Spanish. :D

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy if you have had a day and a half to see the replays and think the Spain peno was still deserved you have no position of authority to speak on these games.

How good was Drogba tonight? Surely he's not starting next game on the bench
Just saw it live yesterday no highlights over and over, the Fred pk for Brazil had nothing in it, yes the defender was touching him but that was it, if you actually look at the Spanish strikers body and see how is left foot goes out and then he drops( he makes an absolute meal of it) but he is fouled. Just about to watch the Ivory Coast hopefully no officiating controversies in this one...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0