Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League 2003/2004 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpranger

Oct 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am sure you had a good view of the foul, seeing as how you where huddled in the corner at the top of the stands, but thats beside the point. I've never seen a player dive so far, it was embarrassing.
And as for your concussion, next time it won't hurt as much if you contact the ball instead of our strikers head, just a thought.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
tpranger said:
I've never seen a player dive so far, it was embarrassing.
You should have seen the flailing swan dive executed in our match... would undoubtedly put this one to shame.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
You should have seen the flailing swan dive executed in our match... would undoubtedly put this one to shame.

Crafty, sixfyv, can you confirm the score of your game.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
188 posts Millsy. Why aren't you a Premium Member?

Give Yoda an extra $35 with your Penticton fees and we'll set it up.

On topic, it's crap that GEU isn't forced to play elswhere to get the season over with. Those guys are cnuts. All of them.

Ouch that kinda hurts TR, I mean I grew up watchin you play soccer and now your callin me a cnut, that puts a cloud over my day :( :( :p

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Crafty, sixfyv, can you confirm the score of your game.

Yes indeed a 2 -2 draw was the final score. Again disappointing for us, but we keep giving up bad goals. One point out six is unacceptable and if we don't qualify for provincials, we have only ourselves to blame. Decent game but too many mistakes by us in critcal areas of the field on the night. Poco worked hard and deserved the tie at the end of the day.

Congrats to GEU and Langley for taking the two league Provincial spots, hopefully we'll still get in, but I'm not holding my breath.

Cheers

jbeck

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves said:
you mean the questionable foul where our player was hip checked at the 17th yard line?...you certainly couldn't be questioning the clinical finish by hibee,..but I digress..if we won it might be worthy of some consideration.
The Wack play solid at the back and have some determined pace going forward. I don't think they have much of a build up but they work for loose balls and have a good counter attack.
It was good to see PAU bring in a bunch of young players in this game. More depth and pushing for spots is always the answer to team success. This should bode well for the future of PAU given that we could not consistently compete this year.
I thought Martin had a strong game tonight, particularly when Eddie and Studs up had a bit of a go...it was either card them both , or talk to them and encourage them to shake hands and get on with it. And funny enough after that, the two players displayed more of a healthy respect for each other and there were no more problems really. Well done Martin...except for when I was concussed. :eek: :D

No question that hibee's finish was good, but that is really beside the point. Also no doubt that it was a foul, but it was badly embellished. Where I think Martin blew it was whether the foul occurred in the box or not. I was one of the closest to where the foul took place and it occurred directly on the 18 yard line, but he landed somewhere between the six yard box and goal line. I guess you have to leave it up to Martin's discretion and he stuck by his decision, right or wrong, so good on him. Also he did do surprisingly well on the Eddie/studs wrestling match, didn't he?
Was impressed with some of the young players playing for PAU, particularly their two keepers, both looked to have some skill and poise beyond their years. I heard one is only 16 years old?

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re:Delta vs Poco

We are happy that we scored again but the result did not help either team.Both teams made some defensive errors but an in all it was a well played game.The last 20 minutes was end to end mainly because we went to a3-4-3 wich created some chances at both ends.I think Greg Meirs goal deserves to be mentioned as he beat 2 players and cracked it top right.
Crafty, if we win next friday and finish tied for points with 33 each, is the tie breaker head to head {like it should be :D } or goal diff..? That could come into to play if Langley makes it to the pak, {which they will} and we don't, the 3rd place team would get the final b.c spot.I realize there are other scenarios.. ;)
Crafty Cokcney said:
Congrats to GEU and Langley for taking the two league Provincial spots, hopefully we'll still get in, but I'm not holding my breath.
Cheers

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Is it with your 2003 hockey pool one?

TheRob said:
Let me guess, your wif was supposed to mail it three weeks ago.

;)
Thats a good guess but the wrong one.Im going to shock you one of these days, or is my WIF going to do it .With a check that is. ;)

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Delta vs Poco

Osame bin madden said:
We are happy that we scored again but the result did not help either team.Both teams made some defensive errors but an in all it was a well played game.The last 20 minutes was end to end mainly because we went to a3-4-3 wich created some chances at both ends.I think Greg Meirs goal deserves to be mentioned as he beat 2 players and cracked it top right.
Crafty, if we win next friday and finish tied for points with 33 each, is the tie breaker head to head {like it should be :D } or goal diff..? That could come into to play if Langley makes it to the pak, {which they will} and we don't, the 3rd place team would get the final b.c spot.I realize there are other scenarios.. ;)

I looked into it this week and if I interpreted it correctly (Constitution-FVSL Site) first tiebreaker is results head to head, second is goal difference head to head, and third if this does not work, a play off.

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
jbeck said:
No question that hibee's finish was good, but that is really beside the point. Also no doubt that it was a foul, but it was badly embellished. Where I think Martin blew it was whether the foul occurred in the box or not. I was one of the closest to where the foul took place and it occurred directly on the 18 yard line, but he landed somewhere between the six yard box and goal line. I guess you have to leave it up to Martin's discretion and he stuck by his decision, right or wrong, so good on him. Also he did do surprisingly well on the Eddie/studs wrestling match, didn't he?
Was impressed with some of the young players playing for PAU, particularly their two keepers, both looked to have some skill and poise beyond their years.

The two keepers are from the C.A T team one 21 one 18 .

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Delta vs Poco

Osame bin madden said:

Osame, if you win next week and we tie on 33 points you will take third spot on the head to head rule. 1 WIN & 1 TIE v. 1 LOSS & 1 TIE.

Cheers

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
La Rocca Review....

On Topic:

Congrats to GEU and Langley who are the first official representatives of the FVSL in this years' Provincial Cup. LFC2, How does it feel to accomplish your season goal before your last game is played? The fans want to know. :)

LFC2nomineefortheJackAdamstrophy

Off Topic:

Had the pleasure of making use of my $25 gift cert. at La Rocca last night. After enjoying the complimentary foccacia bread with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, Mrs. Skip and myself sipped on a 1/2 L of the premium house red while soaking up the ambiance, and an appy order of the clam and mussles in an exquisit red sauce! The veal with a side of penne was excellent, and Mrs. Skip enjoyed the Fettucine frutti de marre. Of course the night would not have been as memorable if it were not for the company of the gracious host, Lion, and his sidekick slinging drinks at the bar, Knight Rider. :) In all, it was a great evening as well as meal. I just hope Lion didn't add any special "ingredients" to my pasta, in payment for my many previous remarks about his collar on TTP. ;)

Thanks to Regs for drawing my name, and once again to Lion for his hospitality. I'll be back soon.......even without a gift cert. :)

P.S. Ranger Forever, I can't wait to give my review of the Pachos at KOB's.

blindman

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: card issue

Having broken into the premier league this year as a ref and done nine premier middles I've had 24 cautions and no sendoffs. 2.5 cautions a game is a bit high but I personally think those cautions are what keeps the red total at zero because things don't get out of hand to the point where you have no choice but to go to red. I also think that one of the reasons why you guys find you get "soft" cards is that there is a relativley low accpetance level for tough tackles amungst the players in the league. Something always tends to come out of those boarderline tackles or the little pieces we choose not to book. If the cheap retailiatory fouls didn't happen and guys could get on with it then I don't think you'd see as many of the quick cards. I think to reduce the cautions it starts with you guys showing you can play without them and accept a little more.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Some very good points Blindman. Obviously well thought out. I'm curious to know your opinion on the complaints Beast brought though. What do you think about an official who has such a chip on his shoulder, he will not even talk to you aside from declaring himself God, and saying the pitch is his.

beast

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Skip said:
Some very good points Blindman. Obviously well thought out. I'm curious to know your opinion on the complaints Beast brought though. What do you think about an official who has such a chip on his shoulder, he will not even talk to you aside from declaring himself God, and saying the pitch is his.

Good question Skip, although I dont think we will get an answer. I think they know as well as we do who the hot head refs are in the league and dont want to step on their toes, especially if it is a veteran ref! But if any of them would like to comment on the issue, feel free to step up to the plate.

blindman

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

beast said:
Good question Skip, although I dont think we will get an answer. I think they know as well as we do who the hot head refs are in the league and dont want to step on their toes, especially if it is a veteran ref! But if any of them would like to comment on the issue, feel free to step up to the plate.

I'm certainly not going to comment on any ref in the league but I'll can certainly make a general comment on how I handle things and generally think things should be handled. Firstly players have to be able to talk to me, ask questions, and have a go at me once in a while. If someone asks a question in a reasonalbe way (ie. not yelling across the pitch, "What the %$# was that?" you'll always get an answer, not that you'll always agree but at least you get one. I think most of the teams that have seen me more then once or twice know they can talk to me and I won't tune them out. During the match I've got no problem with guys having the occational go at me especially if its something really important like a PK decision but the guys who yap all day about throw-ins in midfield drive me nuts and will go in my book quickly. As well, often being one of the youngest guys on the pitch, players will try to intimidate me early (more often at the lower divisions or masters when teams figure I'm a rookie!) and that gets annoying quick. For me if its said out of frustration in the emotion of the situation its got to be bad to go in the book but if its more of a calculated comment made more to intimidate the card is quick.
I will add that after four seasons of pretty much just reffing senior soccer I went down and did some kids games this year and just had a blast. They rarely complain and are so much more disciplined then senior players, that the teacher in me wonders why the youth have to be role models for the adults instead of the other way around. Honestly, part of me is thinking about going back to do just youth next season and have fun and not having to take the abuse in senior soccer.
But anyways, hope that answers you question and gives you an opinion.

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blind man, cheers are in order although F.V.S.L denies T.T.P we all know the "brass" lurkes, to have one of them comment cuddos to you I am sure the players respect that. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0