Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Division 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Devils 0 Spurs 0 in the pissing rain at Empire.

Ref was unintentionally comical - we and they have seen him do much better, but he was way off his best. - quote from Kevin Z.

These two teams normally match up quite well with each other, but we've had a bit of an edge in results over the last couple of seasons. They possibly had better chances than we did but neither team finished. GD1 needs to lighten up on his histrionics as he crossed the line between "into the game and taking the piss" and "drama queen" a few too many times. They seem to have picked up a few floppers as well, as a couple of their guys were apparently made out of papier mache and wilted when you breathed hard on them.

Bettter result for us and thankfully a point as well. A few more stable bodies back from injuries should also bode better for us in the coming weeks.

G

GreenDevil1

Despite the weather it turned out to be a great game, neither team could finish. There were a few challenges that went uncalled that were pretty questionable. Our striker was chopped down and taken out of the game 5 minutes in. Yes if you're going to rush in on me and make contact I'm going to yell.

Devils 0 Spurs 0 in the pissing rain at Empire.

Ref was unintentionally comical - we and they have seen him do much better, but he was way off his best. - quote from Kevin Z.

These two teams normally match up quite well with each other, but we've had a bit of an edge in results over the last couple of seasons. They possibly had better chances than we did but neither team finished. GD1 needs to lighten up on his histrionics as he crossed the line between "into the game and taking the piss" and "drama queen" a few too many times. They seem to have picked up a few floppers as well, as a couple of their guys were apparently made out of papier mache and wilted when you breathed hard on them.

Bettter result for us and thankfully a point as well. A few more stable bodies back from injuries should also bode better for us in the coming weeks.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't disputing either of those; our midfielder who brought the axe out on your forward deserved his card. It's your two midfielders who flop around like trout out of their bucket whenever somebody looked at them, and the guy who did the full Greg Louganis with both hands in front of him that I'm referring to. The last things I saw flopping that much were attached to extremely large German tourists on the beach in Vallarta...

G

GreenDevil1

I didn't see that, so I can't really comment. Outside of a couple minor things it was a great game. The player on your team with the long curly hair showed a ton of class after the final whistle. Best of luck to you guys did the remainder of the season.

Wasn't disputing either of those; our midfielder who brought the axe out on your forward deserved his card. It's your two midfielders who flop around like trout out of their bucket whenever somebody looked at them, and the guy who did the full Greg Louganis with both hands in front of him that I'm referring to. The last things I saw flopping that much were attached to extremely large German tourists on the beach in Vallarta...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serious question...

If you are writing in English, should it not either be "papier maché" (complete w/ quotes, because if you want the effect of the "papier", you realy need to say it out loud), or, simply, paper mache (where English speaking people commonly pronounce the hard 'e' as "eh").

I otherwise could find no fault in your otherwise highly entertaining post-match...post.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude:

The post was written on a keyboard that didn't have the option of adding an appropriate accent in. Long story...

Just to add to GD1's comment, yes, Ian does have a lot of class. He is a very nice guy. And he has better hair than Dude...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who's lying? I wish I had the hair that guy does. Long curly locks a la Curt Harnett when he had his 15 minutes of fame. You'd be jealous too, and probably try to kick him when he wasn't looking. Accept your fate, man...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As long as we are telling the truth here on TTP, let me tell you one consistent, bullet-proof truth: I never, and I mean, ever find myself jealous of another man's hair.

You will find me jealous of other dude's bank account, women, lifestyle, women, profession, women, athletic prowess, women, and even physique. But you will never, ever find me jealous of hair. I don't think you understand...I HAVE TO get a hair cut every three weeks, or inside 3 months I will look like a chestnut hair colored Curt.

It's a blessing, and a curse.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wrong again.

His bank account, job, lifestyle, dazzling smile, straight teeth, bronzed, svelte physique, yes. He is a modern day super hero. But dare I say, Chuck is actually jealous of my hair. If Superman and Batman were real, they would be, too.

Now please sir, if you will, fcuk off, I'm busy.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently there was a real topic for this thread at one point before some vain FVSL'er side-tracked it.

Friday night vs. Harps at Livingstone. This could be interesting for them as they have both their teams playing at the same park at the same time. Not sure how many times that has happened in the league before...

Hopefully the workrate we saw on Sunday continues, although the body count will definitely be lower.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What can I say, it was a slow news day on TTP.

You should count yourself lucky, nothing but crickets over in the FVSL Masters threads.

That said, and kinda back on topic...are you guys finding your Div. 1 Masters to be, well, perfect for guys like us?

I have to say, I'm loving it, for my 45 minutes every two weeks. When I first turned 35, we went straight into MP, and the level of commitment required just to be competitive was too high. I'd retired to Masters specifically to dial it back and focus on other things, and was finding you needed, at minimum, one really solid session a week, with your core guys, just to stay in the mix. Loving M1 now. Perfect for a bunch of has-beens / never-was-beens.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serious question...

If you are writing in English, should it not either be "papier maché" (complete w/ quotes, because if you want the effect of the "papier", you realy need to say it out loud), or, simply, paper mache (where English speaking people commonly pronounce the hard 'e' as "eh").

I otherwise could find no fault in your otherwise highly entertaining post-match...post.

Just italicize it.

I am serious.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am serious. That message was typed on a device whose keyboard had very limited functionality beyond being able to produce letters and numbers.

Dude, at my advanced age (this is actually my 20th season in masters'), it's actually nice to be able to move back up to a slightly more skilful level of play, even if albeit not hugely more so. Players are moving a fair bit quicker than the majority of Div. 2 teams, and have a higher average level of team play. What is nice is that there are fewer outright hacks; the level of chirpiness is about the same.

Our team definitely needs more cohesion and practice time. We have a bit of an amalgam of bodies from the original Spurs team and leftovers from our merger with Signmaster at the beginning of last season, and are just starting to be able to take advantage of guys moving up age-wise from Celtic (our open team). It's been good for the guys who do manage to train to try to keep up with the pace of our younger team; I just wish that more of them were able to. The challenge this year is that it seems like all of these guys' wives went to the same baby fair together, so we're going to have killer squad depth in 2035, but right now life is full of dirty diapers for them.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC 5 - West Van 1

Excellent site showing the scores backwards currently. WV definitely missing bodies. 2-1 at half and the 3-1 goal buried them. A couple of late reds and this one was called early.

G

GreenDevil1

GD 1 - Bombastic 1, Great game, a few chances in both sides. Devils controlled most of the game. Bombastic scored an equalizer with 2 minutes left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0