Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

06-07 Divisional Alignment

Sir Shagalot

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier
Aldergrove
Chilliwack Rapids
Delta Metro United
GEU Soccer Club
GN Sporting Club
LUFC
North Delta Lions
Peach Arch United
Poco City FC
Port Moody Fury (How did they get promoted???)

Div 1
Aldergrove Undivided
Chilliwack Rapids
Delta Metro United
GEU Soccer Club
Peace Arch United
LUFC (I'm assuming this is the old PDD team, they finished in 10th place last year.)
North Delta Lions
Dewdney FC Razorbacks
Delta Metro Highlanders
North Delta FC
Poco City FC Pirates
Poco City FC Raiders
Surrey FC Rangers
Surrey Sporting
Whalley United Hurricanes FC
LUFC Athletics

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
port moody fury?? A 3rd place div.1 team? I think Dewdney Razorbacks would have been a better choice to stay in prem...

Other than that I think we can expect the same sort of year as last season. 5 or 6 competitive teams and 4 or 5 bottom feeders.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
arrrrrrrrr matey

Whoa the Fury are gonna get killed. At least noone else need to worry about relegation. I'm sure McLusky wet himself with the news.

dirtysanchez

Jan 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Furry have wanted a Premier spot for last few years. Maybe they bought it from Walley or approached the FVSL brass. I know the Ladybacks would have turned down the opportunity to get waxed again in Premier. The rumour has it that this Furry lot is a mixture of the young punks from Div. 2, the Div. 1 team, and some U21's. We'll see if the young punks are so cocky this year in the TTP forums.

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Dewdney Razorbacks would have been a better choice to stay in prem...
they had their chance and blew it... badly
and besides, it's very seldom that the promoted team isn't just a group of whipping boys for the rest of the prem teams

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk, I'm busy, and no time for this bombshell today, but can't resist. I suppose I should write this before I get muzzled...

The Pomo team in Prem, well, Storm are history, so that leaves a spot open. Go down the div. 1 list. SFC Rangers and Poco Raiders are good teams w/ old guys past Premier playing days. On any given weekend, sure, but I doubt these guys wanted the grind and extra commitment level Premier will demand. That leaves Rex, who, probably opted to stay down. Move down to Port Moody. Young guys, very well coached, with a very solid Gunner's squad right behind them. I think they'll be fine and stay up. Certainly a better choice than Razerbacks (no offence, Rex, but you've had three kicks at it, the last two- including the year you demoted yourself before playing a single game- being very poor showings).

Right now, we're reading 16 teams in Div. 1 from 10. Potentially, up to 20, but right now, let's assume 16. Of the extra 6 spots, you have to assume that they were given on ability to field a team, and not merit, which in my humble opinion is ass backwards.

I agree w/ the following "additions" to the division (LUFC Athletic and Aldergrove Undivided earned their Div. 1 spots through promotion, so I am omitting those teams from the list, because they / we would have been playing 1st regardless):

Delta Metro United
Chilliwack Rapids
Peace Arch United
GEU Soccer Club

I have a problem with the following two additions, and any more for that matter:

Poco City FC Pirates
LUFC "B" (for lack of official name)

Why? Well, based on past year's performance. Poco City Reserve was below average last season in a below average Reserve division. Honestly, beyond those top 4 mentioned above, who consistently proved over two years that they are decent sides, there are no other teams from Cat that showed the ability to play 1st. Some may argue that even a couple of the top 4 are questionable, though having seen these teams play I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

As for my beloved LUFC, the Reserve team last year was fielded out of necessity, and ran by a couple of good club guys that essentially sucked it up for a year. The core group were a few good guys that would, in all honesty, be better off playing 2nd, or even 3rd. The rest was filled in by Premier guys who came out Sundays for an extra run, or LFC2, who looked for a fun Sunday run outside of having to manage and coach Premier. Last year the club made the best of an undesirable situation, fulfilled their obligation, and did not embarrass themselves.

So, this means the Div. 1 spot to our club and Poco's was awarded though undeserved. Likely it was offered, and club(s) accepted based on the premise of protecting their Premier spot. Honestly, I don't know what the reasoning behind accepting the spot would be. Now, in LUFC's case, that spot more than likely will be filled by Subs team (though I don't think that is decided yet, and I think Sub is unsure himself), who placed a respectable 3rd in their div. 2 group last year, while handing Celtic their only loss of the regular season. In all likelihood, the old reserve guys will go Div. 2, along with some pretty decent additions seen in the try-outs. That makes sense.

As far as ability, players, and coach Sub, I personally have nothing but good things to say about them. I've played w/ those guys when they were Cat, like them, and a few of them have some legitimate game to offer. A couple would be capable premier players now, specifically keeper Blair Roman. I think that if they train consistently through the winter, they'll be just fine in the group as it sits, especially with some of the players that showed up to try-outs added in. In fact, as a team, I think that they will be one of the better additions to this new 1st Division.

Poco has no legitimate claim to a second 1st div team, and honestly, neither does our club. Now, if the clubs is in a position of having to "play the political game", and field the team, Sub's guys will be fine, as stated above. But, I don't see any good reason for these other 2 additions (or more, if that turns out to be the case).

That being said, I feel that the league didn't take this far enough in revamping the format. I understand and accept that there are some clubs whom have put in their time, and have done their utmost to field competitive squads in the Reserve division. Those four clubs- longstanding, solid members of the FVSL- have backed it up w/ good results. I understand that they should be given a spot in 1st, and I also understand that you can't pull 4 teams out of 1st that avoided relegation or earned promotion under last year's rules. This is why a 14 team 1st div MAKES SENSE.

Also, you can't just pin this on the league execs; I don't think that soccer people w/ common sense want to see a 20 team div. 1, or a 30 team div. 2, but I also think that there is too strong a congregation inside the membership restricting a proper re-alignment / sorting out of the divisions. When everyone is asked to put their hands up, I'm willing to bet most team reps vote w/ their team's benefit in mind. They will not vote to have their squad dropped down to div. 3.

Personally, I think more than 14 div. 1 teams, more than 20 div. 2 teams, and no 4th division hurts the league on both a competitive and credibility standpoint. As I have said, I know that the membership would be pissed if the league execs dictated a reshuffle and 4 division alignment, but, I think in this case, common sense needs to rule the day. For the betterment of the league, I'd hoped democracy would have been dropped for a doctorial decision, in this case. People would be pissed, but the execs have two years to shape up the league, and I have confidence that we have a better, more progressive group in there now than in recent memory. If guys decide to pull their teams because they were dropped a division, well, do you honestly want those teams in there?

The league is growing...I think a Prem - Div. 4 alignment is inevitable, and I think we'll see a huge shake-up next year, too.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erm, that should be dictatorship.

Also heard a juicy rumor that the league will accept a new / old member back into the fold. Not sure it is confirmed, so I'll leave it to people w/ first hand info to spill those beans.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like it.

Let's hope Brandon & Company provide a decent side for Premier.

I am loving that Division 1 man.
Other than a couple of sides who I don't think will get a sniff in this division, fcuk me, is that going to be a battle or what to win it?

Come on Rangers. :D

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Poco City FC Pirates
LUFC "B" (for lack of official name)

Now, in LUFC's case, that spot more than likely will be filled by Subs team.....

As far as ability, players, and coach Sub, I personally have nothing but good things to say about them. I've played w/ those guys when they were Cat, like them, and a few of them have some legitimate game to offer. A couple would be capable premier players now, specifically keeper Blair Roman. I think that if they train consistently through the winter, they'll be just fine in the group as it sits, especially with some of the players that showed up to try-outs added in. In fact, as a team, I think that they will be one of the better additions to this new 1st Division.

I read this twice and still cant' figure out what you REALLY think of us...but very nice political positioning my friend.

We are THINKING about accepting the D1 spot via internal club promotion, we are supposed to give the league etc. an answer tomorrow. We finished 3rd in 2c behind 2 reasonably good teams. We also faired pretty well our 3 years in Cat, but that DIV is not good for comparisons. Still up in the air. We have improved with three strong players but I have no idea what kind of competition level to expect at D1.

PS: I believe you meant Bryan Roman.... Blair is the better looking of the twins...thats why you remember his name.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk, whatever. You know me w/ names. I think I called one of the new guys Bruno last night, and his real name was Brad.

Or Bob.

Fcuk.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Fcuk, whatever. You know me w/ names. I think I called one of the new guys Bruno last night, and his real name was Brad.

Or Bob.

Fcuk.

No worries. I am sure they were not offended, if they were you should do it again tomorow.

I should cut you some slack, you guys never got close enough to Bryan to see who was who.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
I should cut you some slack, you guys never got close enough to Bryan to see who was who.

Tends to happen when I'm babysitting the group of retards brought out for "try-outs". ;)

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Ranger Forever, Div.1 is going to be a horse race at the top.

With the Rangers, Raiders, NDFC, Razorbacks, now a couple of solid CAT teams brought into the mix, GEU and Delta Metro, and who knows what Whalley will bring to the table. Division 1 will be as competitive as ever.

After thinking about it, and seeing some responses i do think Port Moody Fury is a better choice than DFC, like Arroyo said they had their chance and blew it badly...

Looking forward to week one.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
I like it.

It seems that there are a lot of political statements being made in this thread.

It will be interesting, I'll give you that. There will surely be two groups, and a battle for the top of each, then a playoff. That does add more excitement.

But, 16 teams man, potentially 20? Then 30+ in Div 2? If you like the league- and I know you do- how can you endorse watering it down?

Anyhow...:rolleyes:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
how can you endorse watering it down?

:

If Div 1 is watered down it does not effect the top D1 teams very much at all so why would Ranger care? You have to figure that the watering down actually helps separate the top teams because they should just have that many more games under the WIN Column.

UNTIL they add a division 4, D1 and D2 will be watered down.

IMO the large quality gap between Premier and D1 already tells me D1 was weak. If we end up with 20 teams in D1 then we need at least the bottom 4 each year relegated to speed up the process of weeding out the weakest and replacing them with an appropriate team.

If teams are CONCERNED about being called D4, then rename everything below D2.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just think Ranger is doing his part to support my ASS. ;)

I agree 110% with you Sub, as always, and you're a great club man.

~Politically correct.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Tends to happen when I'm babysitting the group of retards brought out for "try-outs". ;)
That reminds me... utah, when did you want me to come out and run a few ladder sessions for your team?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watered down?
The only thing that's watered down is Mrs. Utah's T-shirt every Friday night after a win at MAP during the apres hot tub festivities. :D

And, I'm not siding with your whiny little ASS either. :p
I never side with him, he's fcuking benched me so often it makes me want to change my name to 'Dude - Where's my Car?'

I have always been an advocate of making Division 1 a large league and making it like the EPL table.
Check the archives baby. :cool:
It makes winning a lower division mean something real and I sincerely believe the champion of that league WILL be worthy of Premier promotion.
Honestly, my beloved bretheren Rangers are in fcuking tough this year.
Clearly the favourites :D but still...

I only see about maybe three sides, who I know fcuk all about, that may struggle in that division.
The rest - Open season man.

Nothing like Dude to post a bunch of shite on here to get the traffic going. :rolleyes: ;)

Now fcuk off, I'm busy,

RF

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0