Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

06-07 Divisional Alignment

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do agree with RF in trying to have a format like the EPL, where the clubs being promoted and demoted are actually worthy of that fate. It also would make the end of the campaign worthwhile, as I'm not sure how many of you guys have had to play teams with like 7 players or none at all near the end because they knew the were in last.

I guess we could call the divisions names so that the Div 4's can still have their pride.:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you're going house boating, be sure to kiss my ASS on the cheek, and tell it I still love it. ;)

PS: Good morning Coach.

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 1 now also has a team from Abby soccer club called Abby Mariners how does a team just walk into Div 1 ! Did they buy the spot ?
I'm starting to wonder about the FVSL brass !
Putting teams in Div1 from Div2 just to make a 20 team Division this is crazy!
Cheers
Rex

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So if a club with a premier team already has their div 1 team win will both be allowed into Premier the following year...assuming the premier doesn't get relegated? Or will a team that finishes further back get to go up since before only 1 team per club were allowed up? Holy fcuk a 20 team league in div 1!

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rex said:
Div 1 now also has a team from Abby soccer club called Abby Mariners how does a team just walk into Div 1 ! Did they buy the spot ?
I'm starting to wonder about the FVSL brass !
Putting teams in Div1 from Div2 just to make a 20 team Division this is crazy!
Cheers
Rex

Apparently the Abby club is a U18 provincial team from last year.
They were going to the VMSL but the FVSL gave them the Div 1 spot to keep them around. Dont know how good they are.

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC said:
Apparently the Abby club is a U18 provincial team from last year.
They were going to the VMSL but the FVSL gave them the Div 1 spot to keep them around. Dont know how good they are.

wow.
so if they finish in last place in div1 this year, do they get to stay in div1 if they threaten to go to the vmsl again? premier and div1 are turning into a complete joke now with middle of the pack teams being promoted and a bunch of highschoolers being let into div1 without ever having to win a game in the league :confused: wonder what the pomo gunners think about that, they at least had success at the u-21 level, not u-freaking-18

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheeky b'turd KH...we've tied with better teams than them...pity they won't be around next season, was looking forward to playing them.

Will need to make do with knocking lumps out of you next time we play....;)

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have no problem with a U18 provincial team getting put into div.1.

Sure they havent proven themselves in the FVSL but they have proved themselves at a provincial level, they're young, fast, skilled players. I dont think its fair to stick these kind of players in division 3. Thats why teams get broken up and players go to the VMSL.

Id much rather see a U18 Provincial team lose a majority of there games in division 1 then sweep up in div.3. However, when youre talking about kids that have been well coached and played at the highest level for the last 6 years at there respected age groups, I think people will quickly see that they play a nice brand of soccer.

I dont think its fair to send a bunch of talented players to get hacked down by the LUFC Krank'd and Micron United.

Maybe im way off.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
raul10 said:

premier and div1 are turning into a complete joke now with middle of the pack teams being promoted and a bunch of highschoolers being let into div1 without ever having to win a game in the league

How many of you have ANY idea what type of decisions have to be made at the League Level, with short notice, a lack of accurate information and based on some basic judgement? How many of you even have an idea of what happens at a CLUB level? MOst players have no idea what's going on above them...or outside of their team. You might hear what your ex-player turned manager has to say, but realistically even he is out of the loop and not privy to all the details. MOST opinions that are formed and posted here are based on rumours. Which for the most part is great, makes for some good talk.

The league has to make decisions that they feel are not just the best, but fair, feasable and who knows what else. We dont have to like them or agree with them. But we have a chance every year to bring it up and suggest changes... (INSERT STANDARD AGM SILENCE HERE.) So once again I point out that there was NOT an abundance of volunteers at the AGM looking to step up and put some time in and I did not hear even a single motion on the floor.

If this U18 team is the one I am thinking of they would have a hard time in a 10 team D1. The fact of the matter is it is a 20 team D1... I fully support the league placing teams where ever the hell they see fit if they feel the team will have success and not upset any balance. The only division I feel should be exempt from this is Premier where it is relatively easy to stick to the system in place.

Would you rather see a 19 team D1 because the FVSL could not PLACE this U18 team wherever they wanted? Who else would you have promoted and how would THAT Be fair to the OTHER teams that did not? How do you know they were not asked and declined? Do you want a frikken lottery system?

This season is unique. The league made a move for major change going from 10 teams to 20 in D1 due to the folding CAT. This requires them to make many major changes, omissions, exceptions and gut decisions. There'd be a whole different group of people whining if they did someting different... either way there'd be whiners and either way the League brass would feel they made the best decision they could at the time.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
outkast said:
I have no problem with a U18 provincial team getting put into div.1.

Sure they havent proven themselves in the FVSL but they have proved themselves at a provincial level, they're young, fast, skilled players. I dont think its fair to stick these kind of players in division 3. Thats why teams get broken up and players go to the VMSL.

Id much rather see a U18 Provincial team lose a majority of there games in division 1 then sweep up in div.3. However, when youre talking about kids that have been well coached and played at the highest level for the last 6 years at there respected age groups, I think people will quickly see that they play a nice brand of soccer.

I dont think its fair to send a bunch of talented players to get hacked down by the LUFC Krank'd and Micron United.

Maybe im way off.

Agreed. This is a case for allowing in the odd application, and slotting in a team where they should be. This is the year, too, where they could do it.

I still have a problem w/ undeserving Div. 2 teams being handed free promotion. Where is the club affiliation here? At least you're taking your squad and moving them up through internal club promotion. What did those other clubs do over the CAT era to earn these free trips up? If some clubs (I don't know...DFC Celtic? Were they asked?) refused promotion, why not end it there? What is the point of a 20 team div instead of 18?

Eventually, the numbers will force another shuffle. Div. 4 is inevitable. I just figured better to rip the band-aid off sooner than later. But, as stated, the membership has as much to do w/ shitting on that, or more, than the execs.

In all this, there will be some good things come out of all this...

1. Pomo in Premier. Good, young, skilled group. They had the Fury, Gunners, and U-21 Gunners. They could use some vets w/ experience, but I think it is important that we try to keep good young players playing in the FVSL, at the highest level they can. I think Pomo will hold their own, and in years to come continue to improve.

2. Exciting promotion playoff battles.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ScotKop said:
Cheeky b'turd KH...we've tied with better teams than them...pity they won't be around next season, was looking forward to playing them.

Will need to make do with knocking lumps out of you next time we play....;)

Yer a good lad Scotty me boy, but you'll have to take a number if you want to knock lumps out of me:rolleyes:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have no problem with the league brass making these decissions. Some seem odd and wrong on the surface, but nothing like this is done with rash, unthoughtful process. If anyone has a problem with the U18 team, go to thier tryouts and check them out. If a mistake was made, they'll be relegated next season anyway. With the Div 1 people complaining about this young team getting a spot unearned, how do you think the Div 3 teams will feel when they handed thier jocks each time they play this team. There'll be complaints about having that team in div 3 as well if they walk on everyone. Maybe they should have been given a few exhibition games before slotting them. If time was a factor, and it meant losing them to the VMSL if we didn't allow them in, then I say lose them, we don't need prima dona's, no matter how talented they are; but if it means a team disbanding, then give them an option of trying out for a higher div.

younguy

Nov 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
my understanding of this Abby div 1 team is that they will be composed of the U-18's who don't go and play varsity somewhere, in addition to the UCFV red shirts who don't play CIS this year because they have eligibility issues, don't want to play or are just red shirted. It was mentioned to me last year that Abby was trying to get a spot in VMSL or FVSL and would use some UCFV players after their season is done in an attempt to work themselves up to a premier spot for the players to stick around with during their future exhibition/spring seasons. whether that ideal still stands i don't know, but given the reputation Abby youth program has developed provincially and nationally, combined with the players i've talked to, the competitiveness of this squad should be alright to start off their campaign. Realistically of course only time will tell. I realize its a different brand from youth to mens, but nevertheless i think this team will be fit, fast and organized on and off the field and if all i've said is accurate, a good move to give them the spot.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Probably the single most important thing usually lost and barely touched on in these forums is the FVSL executive are finally stepping up and taking strides toward fixing deep rooted issues!!! Problems within the club systems, Division alignment, facility standards and equipment quality (at the premier level) are all being addressed...
I was at the last meeting where the Exec. commitee gave every club rep. a chance to voice their opinion and provide some insight to mending or resolving current problems... Granted it was reps at the premier level, however the general focus was how everyone else will be affected and how to not only make the premier level the best possible (along with developing players within clubs) but improve the FVSL as a whole league...

Div. 1 - If this young Abby team can compete and continue to develope in our league, then why the hell not provide a platform for them in which to fall or flourish??? I'm pretty sure Colin Miller has had a hand in improving the developement of these kids and he would be a great embassador within the league itself... As for the overall competitiveness of the Division, good luck to those who plan on getting promoted... This will be a tough task for any mob!!!

Premier - Hopefully Port Moody will not only compete with some of the teams in this league, but possibly stay up this year and continue to build towards success... I like a team with heart, talent and organization, (hope they fall into this category?) rather than some of the teams of the past that come up and go straight back down... Aldergrove and PM should be competitive this year and I'm looking forward to a stronger premier league overall... PAU will be the shits!!!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
I was at the last meeting where the Exec. commitee gave every club rep. a chance to voice their opinion and provide some insight to mending or resolving current problems... Granted it was reps at the premier level, however the general focus was how everyone else will be affected and how to not only make the premier level the best possible (along with developing players within clubs) but improve the FVSL as a whole league... !

Sounds like a great start but meetings like that should include a more diverse group. We have some Premier Managers representing probably 200 Players out of the 1500 in the League. Let's be honest here MOST managers are there for the good of their own team. As you said, every CLUB REP was invited, but that is not the case. Premier Managers were invited, Nobody in our club even caught wind of it until too late. Those that are part of larger clubs MIGHT give some thought to other teams but not many. I am thankfull that LFC has my back..... or at least I think he does. ;) So don't mind him speaking for all Langley teams knowing I will not likely get screwed.

The Up side is at least you held a meeting and made some decisions.

I feel that our league is large enough to require a commitee of Managers/Coaches that discuss such items and bring them up to the FVSL. This Group needs to only meet a few times a year to sound off about various issues we (as a whole) would like addressed. It is not acceptable for us to leave everything in the hands of Volunteers.

Anyhow this is good, I see progress.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0