Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 1st Half - Season Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, we are half way thru.

What is the biggest surprise?

Mariners in first?
Dewdney, a former Premier team, are winless?
The self proclaimed,
we have arguably the strongest team in the league- on paper
abysmal season?
Highlanders having more wins than ties?

Any others?

For me, it has to be Dewdney...I did not see that coming.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dewdney the biggest surprise. Never thought they were great but I would never have thought that they would be at the bottom. Moody has been impressive for a young squad. Finally got some goals last week. Look for them to stay strong. Langley has been a disappointment, definitely would have put them higher.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm disappointed in Langley too, but should get three points from Port Moody, as we'll be protesting the field as being unplayable.

Too hard and too fast is unplayable, right? It was also raining, that has to count for something.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In fact HOS, it was shite and flat, and in fact, we did have a moan.

More grounds for a protest, I say.

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Off topic...

do you think the protest will actually succeed dude? Is it not the Referees game time decision on the feild, weather and ball that deems a feild playable or not? I am sure the league has seen the feild throughout this season and last. We have played every home game here, as have half the port moody club without any other direction by the league. I think its a stretch to think you will get the 3 points from us through these means.

On topic
The mariners are a surprise. Although we havent played them, (looking forward to seeing a team play our youthful game better then us)
I cant believe they are walking through div 1. Even with the better skill, you would think the more physical game would wear the team down. I think that they will have a much more difficult second half, playing more veteran premier/div 1 teams... I also cant believe how well Aldergrove is doing. Although they beat us in our two meetings, and have also done a number on langley, i never thought their play was as strong as the standing portray. But whatever works....

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
dutch08 said:
Off topic...

do you think the protest will actually succeed dude? Is it not the Referees game time decision on the feild, weather and ball that deems a feild playable or not? I am sure the league has seen the feild throughout this season and last. We have played every home game here, as have half the port moody club without any other direction by the league. I think its a stretch to think you will get the 3 points from us through these means.
psssssssst...

it was a piss-take

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dutch08 said:
Off topic...

:D

Fish on!

Don't worry Dutchy, your 3 points are safe.

BROWN ALE

Jan 27, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can only talk about the teams we played as for Abbotsford Mariners being a suprise only time will tell as they will now have tough games week in week out.

Aldergrove - Standings don't lie their getting results they have their style and it gets them results.
Rangers - off to a shaky start with a few ties but they seem to be back on track with a couple of big wins.
Port moody - Good young side full of energy and i expect them to finish in the top six
Raiders - bit of a shock when we played them they had a good squad so i would say they are the suprise for me didn't think they would be so far down the table.
Whalley - they beat us and they were full marks for their victory and if they can get some consistencey they should climb up the table.
Langley - They seem to be struggling but im sure they will turn it around their not that bad a side. They probably need to tighten up at the back to start climbing the table.

NumberTen

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
dutch08 said:
On topic
The mariners are a surprise. Although we havent played them, (looking forward to seeing a team play our youthful game better then us)
I cant believe they are walking through div 1. Even with the better skill, you would think the more physical game would wear the team down. I think that they will have a much more difficult second half, playing more veteran premier/div 1 teams... I also cant believe how well Aldergrove is doing. Although they beat us in our two meetings, and have also done a number on langley, i never thought their play was as strong as the standing portray. But whatever works....

This being my first season in FVSL and Div 1 i am not familiar with any of these teams but I do know that the MARINERS are a team full of guys who at one time played at TWU (starters), UCFV or with the Rangers (the PDL team - professional development league). Now that CIS is done for UCFV I wouldn't be surprised to see more quality young players join this side. They are a formidable team! But still beatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts