Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 BC High School Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC High School Girls

Our season is in full swing now. The Total Package and I coach the South Delta Devils and we have played 4 games so far. Here are the results so far.....

North Delta 2 South Delta 0 - girls were intimidated by the bullies from North Delta :rolleyes:

Semiamhoo 0 South Delta 0 - possibly the worst game of soccer I have ever witnessed, after the Pakenham Cup Final

Seaquam 0 South Delta 1 - a tremendous game with both teams playing the game the way it should be played.

Brookswood 0 South Delta 7 - our star striker came back from a fractured fibula

Tomorrow we play rivals Delta Secondary. It should be another tight battle. If anyone else is involved in the high school scene, please post on the thread. Otherwise, I will continue to speak to myself, much like I do on my Gambling thread........:confused:

Go Devils

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dangerous thread title. For a sec, I thought we under the Chick Tourney.

What a let down. :eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 0 South Delta 2

A game that had absolutely no intensity. We scored 2 goals late in the game on a direct free-kick and a penalty shot....... I believe we play North Delta next on Monday. That should give us a chance to get back at them for the first loss, now that we have all our players in the mix.......

GF 10 GA 2

Record 3 - 1 - 1

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Delta 3 South Delta 2

An entertaining game in which we spotted them 3 goals before a frantic comeback fell just a little short. An O.G. killed us and a near post cross that turned into a shot, fooling our keeper. After the 3rd goal, I yanked the keeper(see Mike Keenan) and it rallied the troops. :rolleyes: Anyway, we get a chance to redeem ourselves against Semiamhoo on Wednesday before making the trip to Campbell River.

Captain

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

Just a couple of questions.

Where does your team usually play? What fields?

Is Jenna on your team?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Housearrest,

We play on the oval at South Delta or on the field at South Park Elementary, which is just below.

I am coaching a girl named Jenna who plays on the Richmond team but we have no girls on our high school team named Jenna. Not that I can think of anyway.......Are you involved at all with the high school soccer?

Captain

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
a little bit

I was helping out with my old high school a bit (Johnston Heights), and my sister said they need some more help with their team as well (Fraser Heights).

Just wondering cause I might come and check out the competition if we meet later on down the road.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Late scores from Campbell River tournament......

South Delta 2 Vanier 0

South Delta 7 Timberline 0

South Delta 2 Carihi 4

South Delta 0 Max Cameron 0

The only loss was due to "Hands of Stone" who came out of retirement to play in net for us. I decided to play the 2nd and 3rd stringers in the tournament and this cost us a chance to win the tourney. We were down 3-0 at the half compliments of "Hands of Stone". Anyway, we had a great second half and were unlucky not to tie the match with all the chances we had in the second half.

Next up is a rematch against Seaquam tomorrow. It should be a good game and things will be heating up in the next couple of weeks, once the playoffs begin.......

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, it is all about angles , all about angles . Good goalkeeping is a nice option too......

Thanks for you input, One Dart. :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It begins today.....

In our last league match of the season, we beat Delta 2 - 0. It was not a good match to say the least........

The playoff start today and we ended up a #2 seed in our zone behind North Delta. We must win today against North Surrey and tomorrow against Gleneagle/Rick Hansen just to qualify for the Fraser Valley Championships. We have our work cut out for us. I will report later tonight with the result, whether it is good or bad.

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 4 North Surrey 1

We cruised to a 3 - 0 half-time lead and I cleared the bench. Motivational quotes today could have been the difference......

Winning isn't everything - but wanting to win is.

Individual commitment to a group effort - makes a TEAM work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. You are a microcosm of our society.

Tremendous stuff really.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, only 2 of the 17 girls knew what it meant. The rest looked stunned, much like Double In, after he was walloped by Sidewinder twice in the same night. I must go and research more Lombardisms, as well as another quality vocabulary word to stump them.

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If anyone reads this thread, please help me choose which motivational quotes will be appropriate for our big game tomorrow against Gleneagle. Thanks in advance.....

Coach Lombardi

In any game, you do the things you do best and you do them over and over and over."

"Success is like anything worthwhile. It has a price. You have to pay the price to win and you have to pay the price to get to the point where success is possible. Most important, you must pay the price to stay there."

"Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing-the result."

"Winning is not a sometime thing: it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

"The spirit, the will to win and the will to excel-these are the things that endure and these are the qualities that are so much more important than any of the events that occasion them."

Personally, I am starting to lean towards quote number 2. Number 3 might put too much pressure on them, consequently leading to tears......

Any thoughts, gentlemen? Ladies?

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
#3 is the best...

or this one...Just before the "Outsiders" went to kick the crap out of the "Richies"
"...Let's do it for Johnny Man"

Seriously Captain, I used that as the motivational speech in 96' at the Senior Nationals, just before we brought home the double gold with Westside. :cool:

Good Luck !:)

If you use #3, it'll just put hair on their chests - "tough" love as I like to say!:)

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here are some famous quotations that are sure to rally the troops. Although I fear I have posted them too late for motivational use:

"Sport isn't about winning and losing. It's about gambling, drinking, and swearing at game officials. Now go out and do me proud."

"They're [the opposition] is bigger than you. They're smarter than you. They're more skilled than you. Simply but, they're better than you. Uhhh....where was I going with this again? Oh yeah. Try to injure their best player."

"The noblest heart embiggens the smallest man" - this is an exceptionally cromulent quote.

Then use this one for after the match:

"You tried your hardest, and you failed miserably. The moral of the story? Never try."

All of my previous coaches used these to great effect. Although I don't recall ever winning a damn thing. Oh well. Must have been the shoddy goalkeeping.

MARCOPOLO

Dec 13, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta Sen Sec

The Adventure Continues...

Tuesday - I could not make it, but, I'm told the best game we've played this year, intense for 90 minutes.

End result, SDSS 3-0 Eagle Ridge

Thursday - The intensity kept going. Enver Creek put up a good fight and worked hard the whole way through. We had more chances and enough to definitely put the game out of reach, however, the game ended up a draw and went through extra time to PK's. Our goalie stopped two, and anytime your goalie can stop at least one it's a positive.

End result, SDSS 2-1 Enver Creek (PK's)

Next on the Adventure... Possibly Centennial or Abbotsford

Just Bring It!

Cheers for now - MarcoPolo

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We made it.....

After dismantling Enver Creek in penalties, we took on the perennial powerhouse, Centennial. The girls played great but gave up a goal just before half on a defensive blunder. We took the piss out of them in the second half but couldn't beat their athletic keeper. A tie and overtime would have been a fair result but it wasn't to be.

Since it was a double knock-out at that point, we had one more chance to make it to the Provincials. Unfortunately, we had to play a team that beat us twice this year already, North Delta. Fortunately, our girls were peaking at the right time. We defeated them 1 - 0, after earlier defeats of 2-0 and 3-2. We scored just before half and played an absolutely perfect second half, not giving them one good scoring chance. We would have scored a couple more but one was enough.

Next up is a trip to Penticton to meet the other 15 squads who qualified. I know the girls rallied for my Dad. I have never seen one of my teams over the last five years play with that much desire. Unfortunately, with the win, I had to dye my hair blonde. I did it yesterday and I now look like Eminem's twin brother. Seriously.

Penticton will never be the same after the South Delta coaching staff arrives. We have 70s suits selected for the important coaches meeting on the first night. These other coaches take things soooooo seriously. At the end of the day, it is all about ANGLES and being a microcosm of society . I will try to post up in Penticton if I get the opportunity.

Captain

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not so Slim Shady.........

Good luck in Penticton Mr. Mathers. I hope your microcosm rallies to become a macrocosm of the world in which we live and, failing that, at least win the damn tournament. You're putting a great deal of sociological pressure on these young girls which can only hold them in good stead later on in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0