Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp remind me again who is in the 8th place.And yes you are right don't post again untill you win

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the more I hear about McDirrty the more I realise we have in common.

both tall keepers.
both can't goal kick for sheit.
both quality keepers

congrats on the win

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Big Bird,Screw you NO.2!

Hey no.2, I took about 70% of our goal kicks today and with one fcuk up I dont think you should be trying to pop off!Your team is WEAK and dont know how you HAD a shot at first place all alone.I beleive there is a lot of parody in 2b and think this could be the season NK is "Promoted".We're Back and so am I...........HAHAHA!
Hey any Point Grey players wanna even try and talk shite after tying a horse shite team like bombastic, or should we let everyone think bandcamp is the only IDIOT on that team?You sound like SOUR GRAPES to me buddy!(Pop off when beat us MORON)

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2b

This....
Originally posted by bandcamp
nk train - 1
knights - 4
***another week of no mcdirty in this thread but another inevitably immature private message from this lunatic:mad: ***

Plus this....
orriginally posted by bandcamp
as for the nk train - GREAT RESULT! i can put up with that mcdirty idiot all day knowing that the knights dropped points. if there was ever a team to be chasing for promotion you'd have to say nk hrvatska would be at the top of your list

equals...two very different sides of the same disturbed coin:D

another note...WUS vs Ravens...tie???? huh?

manager was way off on that one...

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is a God.

Week4: Div 2C

WFC Rangers Win 4-1
PG v. JB's Draw 0-0
WUS v. Ravens FC Draw 1-1
C-men v. Champlain Heights Draw 1-1
RFC v. Signmaster Draw 1-1

:cool:

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
firemen1- west van0

Firemen needed the win to stay with pack at the top of 2A . It was turning out to be a next goal wins game and really shouldn't have been from the start. One thing remains that our defence has been holding out well.

Joker,

We missed you today, I know you had two new piercings over the weekend. Bodyart is cool!!!!:D :D :D :D

Teelay and Bigbird,

maybe a week late on the rebuttle, but here it goes. For some reason Vancouver Parks decides to close our home park South Memorial for the month of September so we have to put up with playing our first few games at the same pitch that you had the pleasure of playing on. Yoohoo , wake up we're in Division 2!!! I really hope you weren't expecting to play at Old Trafford. Considering the Inter jerseys maybe you were. And buff up on your math 1/3 gravel??????

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk dude, you are late ... let's move on. And yeah, when a baseball diamond reaches a post on one of the nets and basically to halfway , it's damn close to 1/3rd....

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My how things can change!

Here is what's gonna happen next week:
Shaheen 2 Norvan 1
Westside 2 City FC 2
Alemania 2 Bombastic 1
Point Grey 4 Persian United 0(Try not to shite the bed next weekend ok PG)
NK 5 Nomads 0

How's the shite smell down there PG.....hahahaha:D

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen's game......

What was that? So lucky SOMEONE scored in that game!! (nice goal at that!!)

...... but I think the Firemen should have come out a little stronger than a measly 1-0 :rolleyes:

Musta been cause the Joker (and his trusty sidekick) weren't playing!! ;)

:D Spazz

beenawhilesincewewereataFiremensgame...... :eek:

tsquare

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeping it interesting

Mcdirty,

We just want to the season interesting. It's no fun being at the top of the league all year. It's more fun working from the bottom back to the top. We only have to win the next 14 games, that shouldn't be tough.

As for the rest of the PGR Rangers, we let Bandcamp off his leash once in a while to represent the team. The manager and yomama should keep your leash and muzzle on.

Yomama, good one about 9th spot. Our goal this year is to break the record for the most ties in a year. I think the Lomas own this one with 7 last year.

Mcdirty
Do you have any relation to PGR Goodtimes? Your trash is very similar, or was he just your mentor?

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the JBs are going for the 'most ties' title.

As for McDirty's prediction of 5-0 NK over Nomads...well, that might prove difficult with Yomama, Warlock, Biscotti and Shimmer (all defensive players) all out of the line up. I still think that NK will get the victory, although by a slimmer margin.

And Manager,
I don't recall seeing a nutmeg from you.:p

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 1: Signmaster 1

A pretty even game, I guess. I thought we had more quality chances, but as always, couldn't finish. That's our main problem (again) this year. Their goal was on a questionable PK less than 5 mins in. Their player was taking a free kick on the outer edge of the box, closer to the end line, when one of our players was running to join the wall. The ball came right at him and he flinched, and the ball hit him in the elbow. He didn't intend to play the ball, but I guess the ref saw it that way. Both teams missed quality chances and both keepers made some good saves. The ref evened it up by giving us a PK in the 85th min. We almost got the winner a minute later but hit the side of the net.
I was expecting more out of them, from what I heard on TTP. They're not a bad team. My best analogy is a a gritty team with a decent touch, nothing more. The kick and run wasn't on, they actually played some nice balls in the MF together.
I still think JBs are the best team we've played, but they couldn't even score against PGS. What happened there boys?! I know, the field, the field :rolleyes: . J/K. We opened the season on that field, and I thought the ref was gonna say it was unplayable! Absolute shite.
Anyways, on to WFC. A win and we're back in the thick of things. I think we can make it happen. Big exhibition game tomorrow will help set the tone for the weekend. Predictions soon to follow.

TS

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Locomotive leviathon lives!!!!!!!!

It all started at the opening kickoff when NK had no fewer than twelve touches before Westside even contested a 50/50 ball. Then NK started to rip into the Westside backline. The Watcher was in disbelief. Was all his painstaking effort finally bearing fruit? Had his tireless mentoring and flogging of proverbial corpses breathed life into the half dead? Yesssss.. Igor........ Yessssss.. . Seriously thought, the scoreline could have easily read 3-0 NK after ten minutes, but for some reason the strikers are not converting beyond glorious scoring chances, like breakaways! That being said, if you don't put away Westside, like the Germans they won't quit. In the end NK was lucky not to surrender the equalizer, especially when McDirty robbed a guy point blank in the waning moments. Well it's back in contention for the good train NK and to all of yyou who picked Westside, even apologetically, know ye now , that not be smart! .........PS..last week Shaheen felt fortunate to beat NK, who were down a man thank to a borderline retarted, totally unnecessary, red card offence by our resident nut-bar.

nomad \n0-mad\n 1: a member of a people with no fixed residence but wandering from place to place 2: an individual who roams about aimlessly.

They are know however to hang around railroad tracks...choo choo!!!!!!

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS

Our offense has just dried up. I wish I had the answers as to why. (I've already blamed Strathcona enough) Once we start putting some in the back of the net, then we'll start to climb the standings.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JimBeamBlues......

I can honestly say that this is the poorest start to a season for goal production that we have ever had. That is the bad news. The good news is that this is a better defensive showing than our previous two seasons. With that said, despite the totals in the Goals For column I am confident there is some more offensive punch that can be unleashed. I am hoping I recover from my hiatus to the East Coast fully so that I can get some decent training in this week for our Monday Westide C-Men match... and that we still have a keeper and a position still left for me after two weeks away.....

-JetLaggedBonesNotConduciveToHelpingJimBeamBuckGoalScoringBlues-

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therapist, Micktser, Dap, Bonefish,

I don't mean to sound belittling, but the consensus around our camp post game on Saturday was that (1) it was our best game despite only drawing, and (2) you've been the best team we've played yet.

Why you've failed to move up the standings is beyond me.

Manager, Watcher, McDirty,

Indeed I was there -- for the second -- and I saw McDirty take one (1) goal kick. Unless he dribbled a few long balls along the ground throughout the first half, there's no way in hell he took 70% of his teams kicks. With your concept of percentages, perhaps he should transfer to the Merry Lomas. They may need a new keeper soon. ;)

As for the TTP-McDirty scouting report, all I can say is this: he made two decent stops that I saw. The first was a good punch on a cross that I hate to admit getting on film (pictures to come late this week or early next). The second was, as the Watcher alluded to earlier, a point blank stop that the Westside striker put straight at him. He held on to it well.

That, and he's got the skinniest legs outside the Montrose Clinic.

Could of's and should of's aside, Westside deserved, at minimum a draw. While I didn't see the first half, Westside was all over NK. Understandably, NK was satsified to hold on their 2-1 lead like grim death, so they pulled a striker back and played a 4-5-1. In all seriousness, the ball was in Westside half, for . . . say . . . a meaningful 2-3 minutes. The rest was in NK territory. 15 minutes from time, Westside left back was molested by no less than two Croatians inside 12 yards, and was called for looking so good. What was -- not one -- but two PK's worth of fouls resulted in an NK free kick. The ref was an idjit.

How Westside failed to tie it up is, also, beyond me.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

Did you see the beautiful shot that our Paesano striker took after dribbling two Westside defenders only to have the ball ricochet off the left post? Oh wait, that was in the first half.

Did you see Yomama work his 'sweeping' skills on Sunday? Oh wait....I was sidelined with my injury. :(

Westside did have the advantage in the second half though...but as the Watcher mentioned earlier....our strikers also had a couple of breakaways...those will equal goals in a couple of more weeks.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 5 Predictions

It’s gettin’ hard to get all these picks right with so many draws. :rolleyes:

October 4/5/6

Div 2A: (9/20, so far)

B United v. West Van Royals (2 v. 8: could be any easier?)
LM Firefighters v. PwC Rangers (low scoring)
City FC Cobras v. Point Grey Strikers A (someone said it earlier: Cobras are crap)
Maplewood United v. Norvan Primos (Primos take out their frustrations from last week’s draw)
City FC Blaze A v. United Nationals (1 v. 9: easier)

Div 2B: (10/20, so far)

Shaheen SC v. Norvan Falcons (not even Shaheen can self-destruct this time)
Westside Knights v. City FC Rangers A (the Knights always play to the level of their opponent; hence their loss to NK ;) )
Alemania SC v. Bombastic SC A (heads Bombastic, tails Alemania)
Point Grey Rangers v. Persian United (if you listen carefully you’ll hear crickets and some guy coughing at the back)

Div 2C: (9/20, so far)

Ravens FC v. Elephant Walk (both teams pissed at last week’s result; maybe a bit of wishful thinking, too)
Champlain Heights v. Western Union Sarajevo (annoyingly, this’ll keep them in the Top 4)
Signmaster SC v. Point Grey Strikers B (PG will never get anything past this keeper)
Richmond FC v. WFC Rangers A ( :rolleyes: )
Norvan JB's v. Westside C-men (the C-Men are just too pesky in the JB’s current state)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0