Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 College Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madhandle

Mar 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
College Season

Another Year of College soccer.
Hows all the teams out there?
Anyone around?
Douglas college camp is looking alright and ready.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DC Alumni match

Sat. Sept 13th 5pm @ Queens Park Stadium...
A mixture of old lads from seasons past will be gracing the cosey confinds of the lush pitch in New West... Should make for a great evening... Looking forward to kicking Madhandle and friends... ;)

A team is mostly in place, however if you're interested and have played at Douglas before PM me...

Cheers, Guinness

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear Cap is solid once again.

Kindel, Cucca and the boys ready to take another crack at it.

GO Blues GO!

1996nationalchampionscapilanoblues.

Madhandle

Mar 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DC 0 CAP 2

Good chippy game up in Blues country.
CAP came out strong. Congrats on the win.
We basically beat ourselves (no pun intended).
Good luck in the season
We will see you guys again.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Douglas College Alumni match

The stage is set, the team is almost complete... Any past DC player interested drop me a PM... Kick off is now 6pm (following Firetoon vs Snappertons) @ Queens Park... Should be a laugh...

Cheers, Guinness

Ps. Madhandle, I hear it's DC's rookie night??? :eek: A few of the "Old Lads" could give some suggestions if need be...
:D ;) :p :cool:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
University Soccer

SFU Clan

Report from Coach Elly.

Clan Varsity is currently sitting as the top ranked team in NAIA Region I and have collected 3 wins against 1 loss to date. The breakdown:

~ August 30: 3-0 away win over rival Concordia University of Portland. Goals scored by Kevin Crouch, and Andrew Corazza (2). Overall, a good performance, rewarded with a good result - a great way to start the season.

~ September 4: 5-0 home win over University of Calgary. Goals scored by Andrew Corazza (4) and Lubo Acimovic (his first as a member of the Clan!). A scrappy game against a very direct and determined opponent. Not the most beautiful of games, but a welcome result.

~ September 6: 2-0 home win over Warner Pacific of Portland. Goals scored by Kevin Crouch and Andrew Corazza. SFU 2-0 after 15 minutes, with no further scoring despite several golden opportunities to add to the lead. A good performance from a much improved Warner Pacific squad.

~ September 8: 3-1 home loss to NAIA nationally ranked #16 Concordia of Irvine, California. Goal scored by Andrew Corazza. Disappointing performance all-round versus a tough, but beatable opponent. Despite the performance, enough chances were created to take a point from the match, however, some poor finishing left Concordia the deserving victors on the day.

Next up for the Clan: a tough back-to-back road swing into Northern California. Saturday, September 12 versus Asuza Pacific and Sunday, September 13 versus Humboldt State.

Next home game: Wednesday, September 17 versus Seattle Pacific University at Swangard. 7:00 pm kick off.

Looks like Corazza is scoring a few goals, I know he is chasing the scoring record on the hill, but I am not sure who has it. Might be Munson or Crjak (sp.) or Aves.

hos

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: University Soccer

Originally posted by Hands of Stone
Looks like Corazza is scoring a few goals, I know he is chasing the scoring record on the hill, but I am not sure who has it. Might be Munson or Crjak (sp.) or Aves.hos

Definatly not Aves.:D I can't remember his name but it was early 80's I believe. :confused:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness

How'd the Alumni game go? Sorry I missed it (Other Press reunion at the same time that She Who Must Be Obeyed had organized)..:rolleyes: :D

Beers,

Stew:cool: (another Drugless College alumni)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stew

WTF???
(Other Press reunion at the same time that She Who Must Be Obeyed had organized)..
Were you trying to say your missus organized the DC newspaper event???:confused:

Guinness

BTW, it went alright considering I had 8 or 9 guys all back out after previously commiting, leaving us with 10 men... A few of the current lads played with the old boys and helped us out a bit... Skytrain was stellar and in mid season form:rolleyes:... The half time show put on by the girls team rookies was top notch!!!:D Oh, and the rookie night which followed was nae bad either...

Enough said;)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
re WTF???

Were you trying to say your missus organized the DC newspaper event???

I was and she did. Thousands of years ago, we were both far too heavily involved in it.:rolleyes:

Where did rookie night get held?

OP night was at Brooklyn's. My brain hurt the next day; barely made it through my own game at Empire. Dave Hayer bought too many pints for us....:D :p ;)

Beerz,

Stew:cool:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keep Roll'N Boys

VARSITY NEWS:

Clan Varsity has managed to survive it's gruelling start to the season (8 games in 22 days - 4 at home, 4 on the road - over 5,500 km travelled during this period!). The squad has also managed to hold onto the top ranking in NAIA Region I, and are ranked #12 in the latest NAIA national poll. The breakdown:

Sept 13: 2-1 neutral site loss to Asuza Pacific from California. Following two full days in the bus to get down to Humboldt State University in Arcata, California, the Clan players appeared leg heavy and uninspired in this contest. The score was tied 1-1 until a controversial penalty kick was awarded to ASU in the dying moments of the game. ASU converted to win in dramatic fashion. Clan goal scored by Kevin Crouch, with the assist going to Marius Lundhaug.

Sept 14: 2-1 overtime win away over Humboldt State University. Despite having played the day before, the squad produced a much more inspired effort. HSU broke the 0-0 deadlock mid-way through the second half against the run of play, only to have Marius Lundhaug level the score with a quickly taken direct free kick in 84th minute. That goal set the stage for Andrew Corazza to score in the first sudden-death overtime period, which helped earn a well-deserved victory for the Clan.

Sept 17: 2-2 home draw versus Seattle Pacific University at Swangard Stadium. Overall, a decent team performance which saw the Clan outshoot the opponent 22-12. The squad battled back from a 0-1 deficit to take a 2-1 lead mid-way through the second half, only to give up a late equalizer to round out the scoring on the night. Clan goals scored by Kevin Crouch (penalty kick), and Jason Sarai (his first of the season).

Sept 21: 3-2 away win over Whitworth College of Spokane, Wash. A sloppy, uninspired first half saw the Clan down 1-0 at the break. A much more determined 2nd half performance earned the Clan the victory, although a number of defensive breakdowns could have seen this match go either way. Goals scored by Kevin Crouch (2) and Robbie Cairns (his first of the season).

Next up:

~Saturday, September 27 versus Notre Dame De Nemur College from San Francisco, California FOX FIELD - 4:00 pm kick off.

~Saturday, September 4 versus Western Washington University @ Civic Stadium, Bellingham - 7:00 pm

Great Report Elly

HenryFan

Sep 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
DC Alumni Game

The new boys took out the old boys something like 5-1 but it should be said that The Alumni started with 2 players from the New team. Overall was a good outing by our squad , and the rookie that followed was classic

Our team beat Langara 2-0 today , with the highlight of the match being another free kick goal by Matt O.

Cap next weekend

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Cap College who won the BCs on Saturday with a 2-1 victory over Douglas in the Gold medal final.

Both teams will represent BC in the Nationals this weekend as they are being hosted by Douglas.

Anyone on TTP catch any of the games?

Anyone know why none of the papers around here even printed just the scores? :rolleyes:

~Regs.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Cap!! On another Provincial Title to add to the Sportsplex, now go on and win the big one.

no right peg

May 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is a sad day when Cap College wins a BC College Title! A College Final without Langara is just not a final worth talking about.
When was the last time Cap won?... Early 90's? (HOS, Notty & Jimmy Holiday?)
Langara has dominated the College ranks for many years. The tradition of winning and standard of excellence, which Showtime has continued to reinforce, has eluded them temporarily. I expect that the Apprentice will turn things around next year(assuming his GPA is high enough) and another banner will be hoisted!

Keep your heads up oh mighty Falcons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0