Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 College Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Weekend for Both Schools

SFU and Cap, my two schools both did well. Cap winning Nationals and SFU winning 2-0 to go to the Nationals.

Congrats to both Dailly (coach of Cap) and Elly (coach of SFU) for great seasons.

hos

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ccaa final

CK-agreed the pk shouldn't have been, and if u watched the rest of the tournament, u would be even more digusted with the ref's, all in all the assistants did a way better job than anyone i saw in the middle (except the bronze medal game for the guys, he did well), i can think of two games in particular where a decision by a ref determined the outcome...douglas vs. seneca, a blaitant(sp) handball to stop a shot on net in the dying minutes, and a foul called the wrong way which resulted in the winning goal for seneca against mount royal

sorry to rip apart the refs, but to be honest i saw the same guy do three games, all of which were terrible, and then Mauritsio(sp) was even more awful in the final, would have been nice to see a couple friendly faces from the valley in the middle

and bob, to be honest, probably the worst game i've seen cap play...my brother plays for douglas, and trust me that's the final we wanted to see too, and after watchingall six teams there, cap vs. dc should have been the final...also agree wiht poli being one of the top players, i don't remember him when they played against douglas in the provincials or at town center during the league, but a definant stand at the nationals

does anyone know what happened to reagan(sp) during the final?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Luck Boys

VARSITY NEWS:

I am very pleased to report that Clan Varsity has won the NAIA Region I Championship, earning a return trip to the NAIA National Championship Tournament in Olathe, Kansas!

In the regional semi-final, SFU defeated Westminster College from Salt Lake City 4-0 on the strength of goals from Jason Sarai, Robbie Cairns, Andrew Corazza, and Ryan Cleary. The victory did not come without a cost, however, as starters Aaron Beattie and Leigh Sembaluk each went down with a knee injuries that may keep them out of action for the rest of the season. The next day, the Clan faced Albertson College of Idaho, who earned their place in the final with a 2-0 victory over Concordia University from Portland in the other regional semi-final.

The day of the final was indeed a special day for Clan soccer. The team came out and played perhaps its most inspired performance of the year in a game filled with emotion, with several touching moments during and after the match that paid tribute to fallen Clan member Ronale Naidu. In the end, SFU came away with a solid 2-0 win, the Regional Championship trophy, and a trip to Olathe, Kansas. Justin Dudley provided the game-winner on an outstanding header off of a Jordan Rosenlund corner kick. Kevin Crouch provided the insurance marker with a bullet to the top corner from 25 yards out.

It was an incredibly emotional weekend that began with the funeral service for Ronale on the day before the regional semi-final. As many of you know, Ronale was missing for close to a month prior to his body being found in late October. Throughout the Regional tournament, each Clan player wore a black arm-band featuring the initials "RN" in bright red.

The team now travels to Olathe, Kansas to take part in the NAIA National Tournament.

Win It All
hos

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still Great Season

VARSITY NEWS:

A very disappointed Clan Varsity team has returned from the National Tournament in Olathe, Kansas. The Clan dropped their round 1 match-up versus a very strong and very international Embry-Riddle side 4-0. Embry-Riddle (Daytona Beach, Florida), jumped out to an early 1-0 lead and got a second approx. 10 minutes into the second half. The Clan battled, but just couldn't seem to generate the emotion and rhythm needed to get back in the match. The game remained 2-0 until the final minutes, when Embry scored two late goals off of the counter-attack as SFU was pushing forward looking in search of the goal that might swing the momentum.

The Clan can take some consolation in knowing that the next day, Embry-Riddle went on to eliminate the number 1 seed in the tournament, Lindsey Wilson, by a score of 4-2.

The Clan finish the season as Region I Champions with a record of 12-6-2.

Congrats on getting to Nationals Dave.

hos

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All-Americans

3rd Annual SFU Men's Soccer Alumni & Friends Holiday Indoor Soccer Tournament

Who: SFU Soccer Alumni & Friends (everyone welcome!!)

What: Annual Holiday Indoor Soccer Tournament

When: Saturday, Dec. 27, 2003 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm

Where: SFU Gymnasiums (East and West)

Why: Have fun, see some faces you haven't seen in a while,

and celebrate the holiday season!

As usual, tournament social at the Mt. Shadow Pub will follow.

Please RSVP to this address or call (604) 291-3685 to let us know if you will be attending.

VARSITY NEWS:

Clan varsity's strong 2003 season was reflected in the recently announced post-season NAIA Region I player awards....

Congratulations to Kevin Crouch, Robbie Cairns, Andrew Corazza, Justin Dudley, and Vince Peragine on their recent selection to the All-Region Team for NAIA Region I!!

Congratulations also to Kevin Crouch on being selected NAIA Region I Player of the Year!

Dave Elligott was selected Region I Coach of the Year, and woud like to acknowledge and thank his staff and players for an outstanding job this past season!! As everyone knows, a coach is only as good as his players and staff....Well done everyone!!

Congrats on Coach of the Year Dave.

CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0