Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 Div 2 Cup

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn, 6-0? That's embarrassing. I almost take back what I said before.

Thanks for the support, Vratar (but you got your stats wrong, I think it should read .005% possession).

ps: I'm sure David was slapped around a couple of times before he finally defeated Goliath.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah yes...

Yomama!/Vratar,

Just having a little go. The finals are still a long way away for both our squads. First up for us, getting by WFC Rangers. How many Westside clubs are in second division anyway? Should be a good one out at Hillcrest today. Good luck against the Bulgarians tomorrow, I've got NK getting into the next round of my pool :D.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch

Your up damn early considering you have a game today....Do ya gotta do a morning purge after all that Valentine chocolate??...Actually, I don't want to know....You gotta love Wireless Internet capability in the home. One doesn't need to stop surfing TTP even if nature calls...Wait a minute, hold on, HRRRRRngggGGGHHHH....Ahhhh, thats better. Good luck today!!

-BoneThugsAndTTP-

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Time Zone

bonefish,

No, you've got it all wrong man. You're forgetting the time difference here on the Shore. We're actually hours ahead of the remainder of the Lower Mainland and just a few hours reach from Fastshow's zone. :cool: Cheers. Good luck as well.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch,

What number are you? I'll have the camera out today so I'll be sure to have some smashing photos to post up on TTP by the time you get home.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ripped Cartilage

I'll be the guy on the sideline with the torn rib cartilage. My second time this year. Both times injured in training. Who says Div. 2 training is a joke?

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
may I step in???

It appeares to be a good time for the manager to step in and set the record straight. to address yomamas asspirative comments that elude to a CA spankathon, one needs to understand the difference between optimism and naivety....enough said!

Yes, it is good to have high hopes and dreams of raining victorious as div 2 champs, without them no team will go far. however, goals need to be measuraable and attainable....as I belive the luchian one said....it's a long road to the finals. one game at a time is the recomended perscripton for success here.

all of that to say this....all teams are beatable and, as we've seen already, anything can happen...even a CA defeat. It would be, and on can hardly resist musing, a great feat if CA was knocked out in the final....it is wise not to underestimate the power of momentum. it would be a sweet vitory for sure if NK, who began the season with a loss to CA in friendlies, would end the season with a win over CA and cup victory.

it is good to dream but the first step would be wiping out the bulgarians.

manager

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff Ave Lots - 1 WFC Rangers

Painfull, at times, to watch but fun on the sidelines. Although I missed the first 2 CA goals, I can only assume they occured much the same as the 3rd, 4th, and I think there was a 5th. That is to say, a complete lack of defensive coverage: every CA goal was a one on keeper marking shambles. On the bright side, I expected as much and bet against the home team. :eek:

On an unrelated note, 13 looks like a fat Smallsy.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4 - 1

4 nil and over at the half. Crap park. Onto the Primos next @ home on the turf. Should be tough one.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firefighter C-lects/WS RIno C?

I checked the league site and it says C-lects beat WU Polska 4-1, and Westside Rino C beat Bosna 1-0. Is this right?! Are the CAT teams that good?! This means the top 3 teams from 2A are already out of the cup, so much for being the toughest group in div 2. I had those 2 going further in the cup, Bosna to the semis I think. If anyone was there, I'd love to hear some comments. Good luck to everyone playing on Sunday.

Go Cougs.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CAT vs "2"

Last year CAT certainly was not strong at all. I think we dismantled the Surrey CAT team something like 7-0 in Cup play prompting one of their players to call us the best team they had ever played against ... LOL :confused:

This year it appears they may be a bit stronger? We have Hagers B tomorrow so I really have no idea what to expect...

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primos 4 - Hagars B 0

Poor game by us even though we won 4-0. First half was the half of squandered opportunities and we were up 1-0 at the break. Put 3 more past the keeps in the last 25 minutes to seal the deal. A few guys on Hagars B were just out to kick a few shins and drop the odd shoulder ... classless, but I guess that's what you get when you play one of the worst teams in the VMSL. They had 3 or 4 guys who could play, but the rest were very weak.

As for next week's matchups ... you have CA vs Primos in one game and Elephant Walk vs Blaze in the other. Smart planning by the league to have the top 4 teams in 2"C" meet each other in the round of 16 :mad: One could even argue that these 4 teams are 4 of the top 6 or 7 remaining in the draw overall. Oh well ... bush league I guess :mad:

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Round 3

Blaze 6 - Lobbans 0

Another goose egg for tha Blaze....these guyz were terrible, it's really hard to gauge how we're playing these dayz with zero competition.

Looking forward to EW next week...should be a good matchup. I just hope we don't look to forward ahead to a rematch with CA in the finals.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RC 4- NS Falcons 3 (PK)

What a game! Both teams played hard and either could've won it. We both missed great chances to pull ahead, their's coming early and our's later in the game.
NS went up 2-0, we battled back to tie. They went up 3-2, and then with 10 mins left one of their players broke his leg. It was sick, the loudest crack I've ever heard. It sounded like the shinpad cracked in half, but it was his fibula. The game had to be stopped for approx. 30 mins for ambulance etc. After the re-start, we applied pressure and scored to tie it with about 30 seconds left.
Overtime solved nothing, we only played 2x10 (agreed to by both capts.) b/c the ref thought it might get dark if it goes to PKs.
In PKs, we scored all 4 and they missed 2 of 3, and that was it.
NS Falcons are a solid team. Good GK, and strong down the middle, lacking a bit on the flanks, but a classy team through out.
They battled hard and were gracious in defeat.
Now the Cougs move on to NK next weekend. Should be a great game, looking forward to it.

Go Cougs.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's 2 Maplewood 1 Golden Goal

Really should never have gone to o.t. as we outplayed them badly in the first half with yours truly missing a couple easy ones. Headed a corner against the crossbar then on a two-on-noone but the goalkeeper I couldn't decide whether to slot it myself or pass to Bonefish for the easy score. So I simply kicked it past the post for a goalkick. Oops. They scored in the second half off a corner and then a little later Bonefish sent a perfect square ball to myself for the winning goal but which I promptly missed completely and fell down and flopped around like a fish out of water for a while. That was fun. Anyway, game goes into o.t. and Brentzky makes a nice run and pass to Legroom who boots it right into the inside corner of the crossbar. The ball bounces down and out. The ref blows the whistle and signals for the goal. Was it a goal? Fcuk if I know I'm just glad the game was over. I'm too old for this shite.

Teelay, yes the draw is screwed up but don't you see. It's fixed so that the JB's have a nice easy run to the semis. Of course, we don't like to make things easy.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kensington North is a write off. Fcuking mud bowl. Forget soccer, there should be bikini clad girls wrestling out on that pitch.

WUB scored first on a free kick that should never have been granted. Ref claims our keeper used his hands outside the 18 when swatting the ball away; a big puddle at the corner of the 18 where it happened made it undiscernible where the 18 actually was. A poor call by the ref who was responding to the complaints of WUB. The shot was picture perfect, but then the dweeb pulls his shirt off and runs around waving it with his team chasing him. What the fcuk? It is 15 minutes into the game not a freaking golden goal. We replied 3 minutes later.

Crossing my fingers for a "grass" field against the Cougars.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0