Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 Province Cup (men)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF,

I know this is tough time, but the Rangers' result fcuked up my perfect score on the predictions. I need answers.

Sounds like Mac's red was a "moment", how about the second?

Buckfast

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bucky, Milli

Good comedy for my shitty Monday morning. :D

Yeah, Mac's was a momentary lapse of reason.
We were doing so well at that point.

The other was a second yellow which I don't know what to say.
Personally, it was borderline.
He maybe deserved a severe warning considering we were already down a man.
Whatever.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny you say that, Millhouse.

After reading Parky's post, the scene sounded all too familiar. I should have done a better job of trying to control Yak's emotions. I must coach better, I must coach better, I must coach better. :p

I'm sure Mac doesn't feel too shite hot right now. But I can only imagine what the energy was like at that part of the match.

What a great bunch of guys! What a great run over the many years! It's a shame to see them go out like that.

Buckfast

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disappointing

Great game played by the GEU lads in front of me on Sunday, as we were definitely the better side on the day even if the score didn't show it. PAU had they're chances and defended well but after what must have been 2 dozen corners and no results it ended up biting us (or me) in the ass. A harmless cross ended up in the back of the net after some poor keeping on my part. I don't want to wish PAU good luck 'cause I hate you fukcers :D but I guess I will. I don't mean to say PAU was lucky to win the game but they definitely got off easy in a game that looked like it was heading for OT. It was a great game regardless and for once it was the other team getting the cards for moaning eh PAU!!

P.S. Cainy next time we play I'll have to borrow those ear plugs you had made!!:D

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game Report

First off, i just want to say that Royal Athletic was actually very nice to play on. The grass was a little long and bumpy in certain spots, but i thought it was great to play on.

Now on to the game, I think we started off giving the Gorge a little too much respect for most of the first half. They had the ball in our zone a little more than we had it in their end during the 1st half. They had one scoring chance and they capitalized, which seemed to wake us up. We started playing much better and though their defenders did a good job on our strikers, we found that their goalie was really, really shaky on crosses. I don't think he caught even one cross, he would only manage to get a piece of the ball when trying to punch it out and we were never in the right place to put it home.

2nd half we came out flying. I haven't seen a team dominated so bad in one half since my golden days with Langara. The Gorge looked tired and content just to kick the ball up the park in the 2nd half. We had some glorious chances go just over the bar, another one in which the goalie made a toe save, and another were Ryan Dormer made a nice deflection that hit the diving goalie on his love handles and went over the bar. We must of had at least 4 or 5 great scoring chances, but we just couldn't score!

On a side note, JB got a red with a minute to go in injury time after having some harsh words with the ref. I'm sure most of you are wondering how the ref. was out there. Well, he was biased on a few calls, but did an alright job. The one play that pissed me off is when their guy goes down by the sideline with an injury (I believe a bleeding nose) and fair enough we wait for a few minutes while he wipes up. Then 5 minutes later, our guy gets an elbow to the head (no call) and is bleeding through his head. The ref orders him off the field right away and continues with the game! Then in the 2nd half, one of their player loses a shin pad in our half while we are pressuring them in their corner. The ref. gets the player to slowing jog to our end and get his shin pad, then we had to wait for him to slowly jog all the way back. Then he put his shin pad back on and we are finally able to resume play. Later in the game, the same guy loses his shin pad again and is running around with it in his hand for a good 5min. while the play went on. Anyways, the loss was a tough pill to swallow, but we will be pumped to try and finish the season off with a big win friday.

Cheers,
Gomesy

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Too small?

Originally posted by Yoda
Millsy,

I doubt they'll fit, they were made for elf ears.

:eek:

And Millsy could be described as... well... a LARGER MAMMAL.

Millsy, for this one goal you are blaming on yourself, I have SEEN a dozen more that you have stopped that were "sure things".

Congrats on a great season, big man.:D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely

If it wasn't for you they wouldn't been there in the first place.

Nothing to hang your head about.

Ssweeper

Jul 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Same Game????

Millsy

I think you will find the "whining " was for the goonish late/after the play tackles/hacks that were a constant source of annoyance.
How you lost the game with your dad/brother/sister(please choose) refereeing defies logic.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The last I saw of Smallsy, (approx. midnight) he was running down Granville Street with a single red rose in his hand looking for Chaisson.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Disappointing

Millsy,

Head's up big man, Sixfyv is right, you've certainly had a large part to play in your team doing what they did this season.

As for the rest of your post:

Originally posted by MILLSY
we were definitely the better side on the day even if the score didn't show it.....after what must have been 2 dozen corners

come on man :rolleyes: I think saying you were the better side is a bit of a stretch. We were leading for most of the game on an early goal by Sage. I thought we should have had a peno in the second half when Sage was taken down just inside the box, but the referee didn't have the balls to make the call. The game was fairly even in terms of possession, but you scored the equalizer on an obvious foul! Your player rose and completely ran over our defender to knock it in off the cross. If it were shoulder to shoulder, maybe another story, but when a guy comes from behind, and out and out bulldozes through a guy to get a goal, it's a foul. This happened on more than one occasion in your bid to tie the game, and time after time "black" missed making the call. The game is done, and I think the right team won. Unfortunately, you lot were allowed to play your typical style of game without being called on it by the officials. I would say that was the worst officiating I've seen in a while. Unfortunately, our guys started to get frustrated with the continual non-calls, and wound up taking some cards we really didn't need...... and 2 dozen corners?! don't think so. :)

Anyway, like I said Millsy, great season by you and your team. It's too bad that one FVSL team has to advance at the expense of another. I think you guys would have put a scare into a few VMSL teams (although I'm certain they'll now argue differently)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Same Game????

Originally posted by Ssweeper
Millsy

I think you will find the "whining " was for the goonish late/after the play tackles/hacks that were a constant source of annoyance.
How you lost the game with your dad/brother/sister(please choose) refereeing defies logic.

So you PAU was whining at themselves for late, knee high tackles?

I'm sorry but that ref was all around bad. There were no favourites there. If he was a VMSL ref I'd have to say they are no better than the FVSL refs.

I think there were a couple of guys that could have received a second yellow but the ref let it slide.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip

Just because you guys led for most of the game doesn't mean you had all the play. That is the most kick and run I've seen you guys play all year. Usually you guys play a good controlled ground game but that sure wasn't one.

As for Sage's penalty shot, ask him if he clipped the GEU players heal when he tried to cut behind him. He'll probably lie but that's what happened. The GEU player went down first. Linesman had a great view of the whole play anyways.

Would be nice to hear an unbiased opinion from someone on this game.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Skip

Would be nice to hear an unbiased opinion from someone on this game.

to steal a quote from the infinitely wise Syxfyv.....Amen Brother

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Skip

As for Sage's penalty shot, ask him if he clipped the GEU players heal when he tried to cut behind him. He'll probably lie but that's what happened. The GEU player went down first. Linesman had a great view of the whole play anyways.

Alright, i wasn't gonna say anything but you asked for it. Tell me something genius, why would I trip YOUR defenseman and fall down myself when I was in the perfect spot to score from the pass to me?? Offcourse you're fcuking biased, cause anyone in their right mind knows that when you have a clear chance for a shot on goal, you don't go out of your way to trip the other teams defenseman. But all this talk is now moot :D

You guys played your usual, mucking, hacking, wacking style and when we kicked you back, the moaning started. All in all we played pretty good and your chances were few and far between. The best team won, and to top it all off young Keegan got his revenge after being brutally run through not once, but twice by the goon in the back (Kerr I think it is). And he executed the perfect flip as a goal celebration to boot :wa:

Next up....... Crafty et al.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Skip

Originally posted by Sage

You guys played your usual, mucking, hacking, wacking style and when we kicked you back, the moaning started.

Check out the cards I believe we got one for a foul during play your MUCKER side had 3 or 4 for yapping. Just hope those yapping cards that you got don't hurt ya if you get past Delta.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0