Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup 2004 Imperial Cup Results and various

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maurizio made the right call on that non-goal. You can't say leave it, or let it run, or dummy or anything to that affect. It's a black and white easy call.

Speaking of Maurizio, I got a yellow for apparently "threatening him"! What a fcuking joke!!! This guy is making all the other refs look bad with his huge ego problem. It's really a shame. I thought he called a pretty fair game, but could have handed out some more cards, but he was fair to both teams. He just seems to love making a scene out of nothing. Instead of calmly speaking to the players he gets right in your face and shakes his finger infront of your nose. What a joke! :bronco:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomesy,

Agreed your card was harsh. But you knew it was going to happen with him at some point...

As for the "easy" call... I don't think so. The key is the "Reedie" part... in effect he specifically called a teammates name and instructed him to do something. There's a big difference.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomesy16 said:
Maurizio made the right call on that non-goal. You can't say leave it, or let it run, or dummy or anything to that affect. It's a black and white easy call.

Would have to disagree with you there gomesy. I think the intent of the rule was to reduce players from one team calling off players from the other team. Using "Mine" or "Got It" so players from the other team will leave the ball. But if you call for it so one of your own team mates will let the ball run, I think that is fine. "Dummy" call should never be called by the ref, but I am just a keeper, and on that, do you know anyone named "Keeper", so everytime we call for the ball, "Keeper", we could get called for it. Would not be a problem for me, I say "Away" much more than "Keeper" and sometimes both at the same time.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not going to discuss the meg anymore than to say he got me, clean, again... the bastard. Admission(sp) is the first step to recovery. It's a long road ahead.
This guy is making all the other refs look bad with his huge ego problem.
This may be nit picking, but how is he making other ref's look bad? In our match I thought P.Ward did a superlative job and it's not because he didn't had out a yellow or three to any particular player from any one team, though there was maybe just one small opportunity to do so.

Regs,

Silver... ;)

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't think the "let it go" call was as dicey as the Peg sideline did. To be brutally honest, Randall did himself in by saying anything in the first place....my guess is the "Reedie" call was more than enough for Rob to let the ball slide through. He knew Randall was lurking.

Peg have been playing together for what, 27 years now? That's simple Jedi Mind Trick action for a group of guys who can probably finish each other's sentences.

Anyways, saying "Let it Go" is a bad idea anytime on the pitch, as it leaves too much room for interpretation from the referee. Had Randall belted out a more directional "Reedie, top of the box" or "Reedie, I'm behind you", there would have been nothing contraversial about his call.

Maurizio (aka Senor Cuspidor) probably lost about 3 pints of saliva during his mouth-frothing/eye-bulging tirade where he accused Gomesy of threatening him. It is a shame a good game official like that goes completely bonkers when he feels his authority has been compromised in the slightest. It leaves zero room for communication between him and the players, which I guess is the way he likes it.

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomesy16 said:
This guy is making all the other refs look bad with his huge ego problem. It's really a shame... He just seems to love making a scene out of nothing. Instead of calmly speaking to the players he gets right in your face and shakes his finger infront of your nose. What a joke! :bronco:

I was wondering if anyone else saw in the newspaper a couple of weeks ago that he was nominated for sportbc official of the year??? I completely agree with you gomesy... every game he officiates he wants to be the most noticable person on the field!!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why not shout, "Randy's ball."? Makes more sense to me than to shout another person's name and then instruct him what to do just so you can eventually get the ball without moving. Randel should have gotten a red card for an idiotic call which could have cost his team the Imperial Cup! :eek: ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really it comes down to the ref not "interpreting" the "spirit" of the so-called unsportsman-like rule. Everyone knew what the shout was for. Everyone.

The ref in question is a FIFA ref. Do you think for one second he makes that call at Azteca against Mexico? Give me a break.

I'm the star of this game, look at me.

:rolleyes:

~Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think that was Gomesy :D

But if it was, I don't think he probably remembers much from the game considering he got his bell rung part way through the second half...

~Regs.

godfather

Jan 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
Why not shout, "Randy's ball."? Makes more sense to me than to shout another person's name and then instruct him what to do just so you can eventually get the ball without moving. Randel should have gotten a red card for an idiotic call which could have cost his team the Imperial Cup! :eek: ;)
Good point WAB.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually it was me that megged you Regs, and it was gomesy_jr. that recieved the elbow in the back of the head. Therefore, I megged you and did it unscathed. :p :D But it's not like I'm gloating about it. :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No you woudn't be because there is only one guy around here who brags about megging...

and he can leap a tall keepers in a single bound...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wide angle

How the photographer got both Jacko's AND Besty's melons in a single shot I'll never know.

Heeed, pants, neow...

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
next to god said:
Boys came to play!!!!

Thats a nice way for the Flying Cnuts to end their stay on the North Shore, before the long move to Newton, winning the one Cup that they would allways loss in the final, most times to the Croats.

Look out Roxy, the boys will be coming to play tonight, they might not last as long, but they will come.

How did Next to God play, he has been steller through the Imperial Cup, especially in the Indo game.

hos

ps. Hope the Treble Talk didn't effect Slurrey today, but that was alot of pressure.

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
well done peg

as enid mentioned, the peg boys really did come to play. they beat us to a majority of headers and seemed to be in good positions for the knockdowns. even the balls pinballing out of 50/50's appeared to be bouncing for them. our lads battled all the way and were unlucky not to tie at the end....... tough one to watch.

knowonethoughtweweregoodenoughtowinthetreble.

next to god

Not Bright
Aug 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats a nice way for the Flying Cnuts to end their stay on the North Shore, before the long move to Newton,

HOS

There is no intention to play any more or less games in Sunny Surrey!!

Why would we give up playing at Kinsmen especially on days like today!!

Besides having the best feilds in the VMSL with Kinsmen and Newton there is tradition as you might remember from your youth!!

NTG ;)

oliver cromwell

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took in the game today and enjoyed the first 20 min as Peg were all over Surrey. After that the game was average maybe because Surrey are that way! Great goal by Doddy who was by far the best player on the pitch and ran riot in the middle of the park. Surrey did miss Deacon though. Give Peg full marks for their victory as they were the more skilled team out there.

After that caught the second half of the Inter/Westside game . Westside winning 2-1 and looking quite strong at the moment . If they play this way in the B.C.'s I can't see anyone beating them.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0