Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup 2005 Imperial Cup : Quarter-Final Results

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Imperial Cup : Quarter-Final Results

I'd add Paul Favaro to that list, especially with the type of season Sapperton have put forth. I'm guessing whomever wins the Golden Boot will have to be mentioned in MVP talks as well, despite the fact none of the guys chasing the title impress me as "Most Valuable" types. You're spot on with both Mori and Sulentic as candidates though, and I'd include Skinner in any conversation pertaining to "most dominant".

Also, given their stingy GAA - 15 goals against in 16 games played - I'd think some Surrey United guys (and non-teammates as well) would be giving Drew Smiley serious consideration. Goalkeepers are usually hard-pressed to win MVP-type awards (especially in soccer), but fcuk it, I want to see one of my union brothers win one.

HenryFan

Sep 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

BJB said:
How's your video on the goalie taking down our guy 10 min later in the box where there wasn't a call???:

ok I'll bite, that play the goalie made a good play and got all Ball, the croatian player tripped after the fact , I hardly see a penalty in that ,neither did the ref obviously.

All in all , it was a good game to watch, minus the mini brawl.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looking forward to watching Sapp vs Croatia,I'm curious as for who Mike Fav's wife will be cheering for though??As for the game yesterday I don't think croatia had one of there better games but they still pulled it off.If there was an award for most entertaining team after the game this award would easily go to the CROAT'S.Every week this team is still drinking together with the fans until after 8:00!!!

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

bonefish said:
The rule is a direct result of a Div2 Cup game which saw NK play an ineligble player. This player scored the winning goal. The league was called about it but after getting bounced around for 2 days was told by an exec that the 48hr window for a protest was up so there was "nothing that they could do". The original call was within the 48hrs mind you. If they can change the constitution effective immediately I have a problem with there inability to right the wrong. Anyways...As the issue was being decided on by the VMSL, they discovered that the constitution was short a couple of paragraphs for such a situation. This is being done to shore up that rock solid, seldmon seen, piece of paper....

If this is the case then you guys should be phoning and banging the crap out of the VMSL office door. Why would they implement this rule now. If they do this then the game you guys lost should give you guys the win and you guys should replay the games after that.

Azzi and the boys should really sit down and think before they implement something like this after a team was burned and do it "effective immediately".

Or in NK's perspective notify the teams when a player is suspended. I was under the understanding that until you are notified by the VMSL office all players are legal until told to submit their cards to the office. This was not done with NK. I guess they want us to be mindreaders as well.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

robj said:
I guess they want us to be mindreaders as well.

There is a need for a strong web portal. Up until this point there has not been any seeming great desire to enter the information age. We can all gesticulate on the why until we are blue in the face however, your recommended action of banging the phones etc...is an excercise in sounding an an echo that will ring until it is answered with spite, vehmence and like attitude that rates up there with such activites as banging your head with large blunt objects. A further note to newly adopted procedures that were not evident before the aforementione cup game is that we were emailed specifically to submit a card for a player newly added to the Discipline list...

At this point, semantics aside(Nk-JimBeam,Forfeit or not[My wife prefers not]) the real tradgey is to not see any change. That some change is happening is positive(word is used somewhat reluctantly)but more is needed.

ByTheWay....Our 8pm kickoff today was well attended by the opposing sides and was only in lack of one important thing (A referee) called exec 1 and 2..N/A... Another example of missing processs/recourse.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

bonefish said:
There is a need for a strong web portal. Up until this point there has not been any seeming great desire to enter the information age. We can all gesticulate on the why until we are blue in the face however, your recommended action of banging the phones etc...is an excercise in sounding an an echo that will ring until it is answered with spite, vehmence and like attitude that rates up there with such activites as banging your head with large blunt objects. A further note to newly adopted procedures that were not evident before the aforementione cup game is that we were emailed specifically to submit a card for a player newly added to the Discipline list...

Way too many big words for this time of the morning :).

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

robj said:
Way too many big words for this time of the morning :).

My Bad...Drinking on Monday night is never good...It is not bad, just not so good....especially now that I have awoke.. :(

senior2509

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

bonefish said:
ByTheWay....Our 8pm kickoff today was well attended by the opposing sides and was only in lack of one important thing (A referee)

Sorry everybody, wrong thread but...

Did you play the game bonefish? With or without a referee? Final score?

Senior

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

senior2509 said:
Sorry everybody, wrong thread but...

Did you play the game bonefish? With or without a referee? Final score?

Senior

We asked to play an exhibition but Royals only wanted the real deal so we did the inter-squad scrimmage and drank beer....

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0