Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 National Championship - Challenge Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The draw has been made and it appears to be a different format that Sporting will need to go through in order to defend BC's National Title.

The big thing I suppose is that Alberta gets 2 entries into the championship. Makes sense since they pretty much finished last in 2004 :rolleyes: Group winners go into the semifinals on the Sunday with the winners playing in the final on Monday.

Group A
(1) BC
(8) Newfoundland
(9) Alberta

Group B
(2) Ontario
(7) PEI
(10) New Brunswick

Group C
(3) Quebec
(6) Nova Scotia
(11) Yukon

Group D
(4) Saskatchewan
(5) Manitoba
(12) Alberta 2

Here is Sportings schedule:

Thursday October 6: BC v Alberta
Saturday October 8: BC v Newfoundland
Sunday October 9: Playoff Round
Monday October 10: Finals

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is stupid to give Alberta 2 spots:confused: but I was looking and it seems that the Yukon has entered a team and if I am not mistaken this is the first time for them.

Cheers
JB

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs - what with the sex discrimination!?!?

Where's the thread with the ladies draw?!?!

For those who are interested Alberta doesn't get two spots on the women's side - it's just two pools with the 1st place teams facing off in the final.

BC's draw looks pretty good with only NS being the tough game - Sask, Man, and PEI being the other games.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Newfies have been mince the last two years so that is a good draw, depending of course the quality of Alberta side the makes it in. Larssson vs Sporting can you picture it? :rolleyes: I'm betting Quebec and Manitoba come out of the other side.

I think from here on the home province will be getting two spots to make better numbers. BC is in line to host next year so will any of us complain if we're #1 or #2?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
BC is in line to host next year so will any of us complain if we're #1 or #2?
I would imagine, yes... especially when a BC rep promises the extra spot to 2 different teams in December.

LFCdude

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I played in the tournament the last time they allowed a team from the Yukon in (2000 in Sask).....and they were an absolute joke. We were on the other half of the draw fortunately and didn't have to play them. BC,and ONT drew their game and then both beat up on the Yukon by 10+ goals....it was a joke really. The crappy thing was they both had to play the extra round robin game vs the Yukon when they should have had an off day. This format looks a little better but here is my question....why the F*ck do they change the damn format every friggin year? Also who was responsible for this change? The CSA? ASA? Whatever format I hope we get the chance to beat BC in the final again!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
This format looks a little better but here is my question....why the F*ck do they change the damn format every friggin year? Also who was responsible for this change? The CSA? ASA?
That's what I was thinking as well... I didn't even know about the change until I was going deep into the CSA website... there was no notice that they even posted it.

But at least they let everyone know that Lenerduzzi got an Order of BC...

LFCdude

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does the hosting province decide on the format? What a joke! You go to the tournament expecting one thing and then get a completely different format each year! Another question.....which AB team will go into which pool? Does the cup champ get their choice? Lets say the Callies win the cup and they would rather be in a pool with MB rather than BC....do they get that choice? How do they determine their second team? One from CGY one from EDM? Too many question marks if you asked me.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFCdude said:
Does the hosting province decide on the format? What a joke! You go to the tournament expecting one thing and then get a completely different format each year! Another question.....which AB team will go into which pool? Does the cup champ get their choice? Lets say the Callies win the cup and they would rather be in a pool with MB rather than BC....do they get that choice? How do they determine their second team? One from CGY one from EDM? Too many question marks if you asked me.
Very valid points LFC, hopefully someone will be able to findout this answer before the end of the AB season.

Cheers
JB

LFCdude

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would be nice to find out,but I won't hold my breath. From my experience these types of things are always seemingly settled at the last minute. Maybe Dave Randall has some answers?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All very valid questions; not surprising that CSA makes these decisions by the sea of their pants, and with no explanation to the masses.

But, more importantly, LFC, erm...LFCdude :rolleyes: didn't you do your research before selecting your TTP handle? We already have Dude...hell, we even have a "thedude" :rolleyes:

I'd say simply LFC, but we have one of those (but we've looking to replace him, send resume), and an LFC2, who is also LFC, but lost his password the first go around, so now he flies by LFC2. We're also looking to replace LFC2. Send resume.

So, for your convenience, I've drafted a list of alternatives for you to choose from.
  • Other dude
  • Different dude
  • LFC1
  • LFC3
  • Bruce
  • A plethora of other original and as of yet unselected TTP handles

Welcome to TTP.

Your welcome wagon,

~Dude.

There can be only one...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do we? Is FastTerry in charge (we can get back to TTPing him now that we know he's OK, can't we? :) )

Back on topic...the last time BC hosted, Metro Ford was the BC Rep, weren't they? Did BC get two entries then? Or is this unprecedented? Not that I care...I don't think my Abby Rec league team will qualify for the Nationals next year...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is unprecedented as far as I can remember.

Releasing the groups this far in advance is a little suspect though depending on how Alberta gets to award the second spot. If it is the 2 finalists in their provincials, you get the problem of having the two teams kinda 'pick' what group they want to play in (this was touched on earlier).

We had the same thing happen this year in the BCs - remember the Jackson Cup final stuff?

Without more info forthcoming, I think the fair way to resolve this issue would be to have a draw after the Alberta provincials. The first name drawn would be seeded as Alberta 1 and the second team would be Alberta 2.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
The first name drawn would be seeded as Alberta 1 and the second team would be Alberta 2.

Sorry, those handles have already been taken. The available one are:

Albertadudes
Alberta4213
Terry4skin
Dudelookslikealady
Dude, Where's My Car? :rolleyes:

P.s. How do you post those little dot thingies before sentences Dude?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those be bullet points Mr. Moderator.

That last handle is deffo very, very ghey. But I bet anyone who'd use it would have great hair.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, bullet points, of course. Well, that fcuking helps. So, I presume all I have to do is shoot the computer screen with a gun then. Great.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Invite KNVB over and sit him down at the keyboard before you do that.

And, you're off topic.

When is the next time BC is in line to host this event, and will BCSA award the hosting to two lucky clubs?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
When is the next time BC is in line to host this event, and will BCSA award the hosting to two lucky clubs?
See posts #5 & 6 in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0