Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup 2005 Pakenham Cup Banter

Which is the toughest side of the draw?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arrived in time for the 2nd half. It was classic GEU “Run-Kick-it-Hard" soccer. It didn’t appear that either side had an edge until about 20 in, when the Storm earned a corner. Chris Valcamp sent a perfect hard cross right on to Mark Kerr’s head, back of the net. Nice goal. With 10 to go, big Wagstaff broke in with a couple of storm following-up to make a 3 on 1. Gary “Spare tire” Nolan took the break-away feed and slotted home a nice finish. Until tonight, I didn’t think it possible for Gary to score off anything but a set piece. Well finished, Red.

GEU got one late, but not enough time to build anything else up.

I have to say, when I heard Curtis and Sandro were missing, I had an inkling of doubt set it. Sandro is a great striker, but Curtis is the engine there, a strong midfielder. With those two back next week, I like the Storm in an upset over that pretty team in white.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught the Whalley-GEU game tonight and it was a good win for Whalley. Myself I thought GEU came out very strong and kept running at Whalley causing Whalley to commit a few fouls and eventually they earned a pk from this pressure. After that pk I don't know if it was Whalley waking up or to me it looked like GEU just put it into off. Whalley with 3 goals the nicest being Nicky's, ran onto a pass at the corner of the 18 and rifled a shot far upper corner with a nasty dip which had Millsy and everyone else at the park stunned. Anyways like I said one team showed up for 90 today and the other for what seemed like the first 15-20 mins and that team got beat.

Let's see a Whalley-Rangers final!!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Who are you talking about???

Originally posted by Dudethat'snotdrinkingoutofthecupthisyear
when I heard Curtis and Sandro were missing
Who's this Curtis guy you're talking about??? Has anyone ever heard of him??? ;)

Let's see a Poco-Whalley final!!! :rolleyes: (would anyone care?)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain's Keeper said:
Nicky's, ran onto a pass at the corner of the 18 and rifled a shot far upper corner with a nasty dip which had Millsy and everyone else at the park stunned.

Champlain,
Pretty accurate summation of the game, although i don't know of any "rifling shots that dip. It had enough spin on it to curl to the far post over everyone and dip in. It was great goal, but was it actually a cross? ;)

Don't know why, but that goal seemed to kill a bit of the GEU momentum and build Whalley's. From then on, there wasn't much going on from either team. Whalley finished their 3 chances, GEU did not finish theirs. Put 3 over the goal and one off the crossbar. That one could have changed the game. Actually i think Nick put one off the post but it was on the end line so didn't have much chance of actually going in the goal.
Very distraught GEU last night. Very hard to watch last night.

Lots of talk about next year and what's going to happen with the team.
We'll see, as time goes on this summer.

Good luck to the rest of the teams the rest of the way.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it will be sometime after the AGM, but who really knows.

On a side note, anyone else think there were some interesting calls last night in the GEU/Whalley game? Couple of cards that i didn't think would normally be cards, especially from that ref. And the one that shocked everyone was the cleared header by the Whalley defenseman in the six box, that the linesman called a corner and the ref overruled for a goal kick, even though the linesman had a better view of it clearly.

OK, now i'm over the loss.

Carry on

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll say it...PNE was on crack with a couple of those cards, both ways. Love yah Marty.

Otherwise, I thought it was a very well officiated match, especially on the 3rd Whaley goal. An inexperienced ref would have blown it down because the far winger appeared offside, even though it was Red who received the ball on-side. The linesman and Marty did well to recognize that the other player did not get involved in the play.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
I think it will be sometime after the AGM, but who really knows.

On a side note, anyone else think there were some interesting calls last night in the GEU/Whalley game? Couple of cards that i didn't think would normally be cards, especially from that ref. And the one that shocked everyone was the cleared header by the Whalley defenseman in the six box, that the linesman called a corner and the ref overruled for a goal kick, even though the linesman had a better view of it clearly.

OK, now i'm over the loss.

Carry on

Any comments in regards to the condition of the game ball?

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semi's. I think PAU and Whalley has the potential to be a cracker, both from the soccer but also the storyline. I would hope their two boys don't get more than a game for their unfortunate mistake. On their best day PAU is the most talented team left, but as Cainy says and Langley proved, on any given Sunday. I will pick the nation, but won't be shocked to see Whalley through. Huge provincial implications as well.

POCO/Rangers will be a ugly grind er out type of game, with no less passion present. I think the turf will play to POCO's advantage. When they are on, a great backline and one of the top two or three keepers in the league. A bit sketchier moving forward, but enough to get it done. Big question for the Rangers is will there be a letdown after knocking out the league winners.

Calling a POCO/PAU final. Good luck to everybody. Looks like the weather may hold.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
POCO/Rangers will be a ugly grind er out type of game, with no less passion present. I think the turf will play to POCO's advantage. .
LFC2, we play many of our games on turf as well....most of our home games are there and we do train on it (when Cainy lets us!). I have seen Poco a few times this year and don't really know what to expect from them, any help!

O'ya, I would like to see PAU win this one. Sorry Whalley, but they let us use the turf, on occasion, when they are in a good mood!

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild said:
O'ya, I would like to see PAU win this one. Sorry Whalley, but they let us use the turf, on occasion, when they are in a good mood!

Should the Rangers and PAU be fortunate enough to reach the final, your lot better bring your gravel boots to training. ;)

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild,

I know, different game on it which plays to certain teams strengths. In this case POCO's. That was my point, not your familiarity or lack thereof.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what is the story on PoCo?

Hopefully they have five starters out too....and maybe someone with a soar back...and we'll supply the game ball.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Any comments in regards to the condition of the game ball?

No but the field was shite. Turf was way too soft. I am assuming it was the same on the field as it was on the sidelines. :)

Anyways, my shoes had no grip with that crap.
Would have rather played on the 10x10 yard of turf at AHP.

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm 3 GEU 2

Well the boys got it done last night!! We came out slow and GEU punished us for it. They got a pk about 15 in and had been taking it to us for most of that time. The goal seemed to wake us up as we really stepped it up from there. Nicky buried a brilliant goal to tie it up, GEU must really be sick of him by now!!

Kerr scored a great header to put us up 2-1, then this #14 kid buried the third to put the game out of reach.
A well played game from GEU and it's onto Peace Arch on Sunday.

That game last night was for Sandro and Curtis as they got screwed by the league and were'nt allowed to play. They were both suspended for our game last week in Poco and both sat that game. They both came out and played on the Sunday for the CAT team to keep in shape and the league came down on them and said they were now suspended for another week.
As far as we were concerned the FVSL said they had to miss a game....they DID so why not let them play for the CAT team??

Even if it is said that we should of called to check on their status you know what the league should of addressed this situation a long time ago. They punished two players cause they followed the rules...it was utter BS!!

Well boys you asked for another game....you got it!!!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Storm 3 GEU 2

Red Forever said:
They were both suspended for our game last week in Poco and both sat that game. They both came out and played on the Sunday for the CAT team to keep in shape and the league came down on them and said they were now suspended for another week.
As far as we were concerned the FVSL said they had to miss a game....they DID so why not let them play for the CAT team??

Even if it is said that we should of called to check on their status you know what the league should of addressed this situation a long time ago. They punished two players cause they followed the rules...it was utter BS!!

Well boys you asked for another game....you got it!!!

They should be suspended the rest of the year for thinking they would be able to play for the CAT team while suspended.
Dumb.

Three games for being stupid.

Carry on.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Storm 3 GEU 2

Zaurrini said:
They should be suspended the rest of the year for thinking they would be able to play for the CAT team while suspended.
Dumb.

Three games for being stupid.

Carry on.

Agreed.
Technically, you are suspended for a weekend of games. You can't sit out a Friday night game and then play in the Sunday game for CAT!
The "one game" wording assumes that you are only playing for one team in a season.
I'm pretty sure the other 9 teams knew this.

However i think if the premier team wasn't playing and they put their names on the list for the CAT team and sat out, it would count. Somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0