Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup 2005 Pakenham Cup Banter

Which is the toughest side of the draw?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2005 Pak Cup Banter

bulljive said:
These kids slut around and play for like 5 different teams I say fukc them. Those rules need to be changed anyway. Imagine freddy adu played in fvsl youth and different teams just called him up all weekend.

The problem is not the teams using these "good" youth players, it is the rules for youth players that is crazy.
A youth players can play with any senior team from week to week, even differnt teams in the same weekend. I had no idea about this until, I heard a kid on our teams was playing Friday night with us, and then off to a Div. 1 game on Sunday for a different VMSL team. Now the rule should be, once you go up to senior soccer, you are tied to that team for the rest of the year if the youth player wants to play up.

I just find it oh soooo sad, that our senior teams have gotten sooo weak or watered down, that we need 17 year old kids to win games or even field a team.
What has happened to senior soccer in the lower mainland, where have all the players gone. These kids are not that great.

hos

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I agree with HOS with regard to some of the rules for Youth players. Teams within clubs should be strong and deep enough to avoid bringing up players week in and week out. Some exceptions apply in our clubs case as I encourage our FVSL development league team (CAT or PDD) to bring up players from youth to help them make the transition from youth to adult soccer a little easier. In Cup competitions the rules are a little different as no single game permits are allowed for players in other teams within the club system to play for one another. This does cause some restrictions from time to time as the squads become smaller. The League has also Cup tied any Youth Players brought up on permits to that team only. In other words a Youth player brought up to play for PAU in round two can not then play for Langley in round three. However, that would not stop the player who played for PAU in round two of the Pakenham to be able to play for Surrey United in the Imperial the following week.
I do endorse Youth players being able to play at the Senior level but maybe some fine tuning of the rules are required. I'm sure the coaches of the Youth teams would probably agree too, especially as they run the risk of exposing their star players to more injuries everytime they agree to let players participate in additional games at the Senior level. If they don't agree to release them, they are accused of holding players back by parents. Tough call....?

Having said all that, if you do bring up Youth players, make sure you follow the rules and guidelines of both BCSA and your associated League. The rules are there for a reason. Don't assume you can make up rules to accomodate your team. Be very clear of what you are doing with Youth players before you play them as it may cost you the game if you don't... ;)

Onto PAU or Sporting in the next round.

Cheers

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is from the VMSL:

"Youth players, on permit, may participate in any VMSL Divisional Cup game. However, they are "cup-tied" to the team with which they played their first cup game. They may also play in the Province Cup but, if they do so, they will lose their eligibility to play in the Youth Provincial Cup. "

So all it says is that youth are Cup tied in the VMSL, but other than that they can play in other Cup compititions, don't think that is right at all.

Plus, is this not dangerous for the kids, getting burned out or injured from that many minutes each weekend.

hos

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was part of what I was trying to say HOS is rules need to be changed. If senior players can only play 1 cup, then youth players should only be allowed to play their cup. When it comes down to cup play it should be your real team, not your team plus the best youth players you can find. All i hear is well they belong to our club, how many clubs do these kids belong to 3 or 4 and who is really affiliated with their u18 metro team anyway.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
IMO this issue is tied to the CAT system that the leagues are still trying to push. A youth player registered on a youth team should only be allowed to play "up" with senior teams within their club.

B

Blahzay

How do we determine what senior team the youth team is affiliated to? In my region the metro team's name changes from North Delta to Peace Arch every year, does this leave the PAU, DMU and ND clubs to have a bidding war over the best youth players.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is no bidding war. If you're a youth player playing for the Peace Arch Shooters, you can only play for PAU in the FVSL (or their CAT team or their other senior teams if they have any).

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Star #1 your team knew better than to play the players without ID. They were checked before the game and you knew that there was a possibility of a protest if those players were left in the line up. You should blame your coach/manager for that mistake. Delta just out coached/managed you on the night.

Also just in my opinion if you think you guys out played Delta that night then you must have smoked some quality stuff in the pregame. The young keeper had a mare, otherwise you guys didn't show much of anything. As everyone else has already stated in this thread "rules are rules so follow them and you shall be rewarded".

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont understand why any player from gn would make up excuses for the poor decisions the coach or manager has made. As a player you expect the coach to take care of player/ids and so on. I would be pissed at my coach for not making absolutely sure players are elegible, not mad at the opposing coach for doing what he must do, protest the game. Crazy, how can that happen.

Can someone confirm Next sudays game between fury and Dominion.
Time and place...

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pak Cup Sced is up on the FVSL web site

Week of Feb. 18-20

Delta Metro Highlanders D1 Delta Metro United PDD John Oliver Park TBA

Pakenham Cup Friday Feb. 18, 2005 Round Two
Surrey FC Rangers D1 Delta Metro Highlanders D1 or Delta Metro United PDD Newton Athletic Turf 7:45pm

Pakenham Cup Sunday Feb. 20 Round Two
Peace Arch United P Surrey Sporting D1 South Surrey Athletic # 6 12:30pm

Pakenham Cup Sunday Feb. 20 Round Three
Whalley Storm P GEU Ultra P AHP Mathew Park 2:15pm
Port Moody Fury D1 Poco City Dominion P Heritage Woods 6:00pm

PainKiller

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - February 2005

sixfyv said:
we need you guys to do us a favor and beat chiliwack and poco. ;)

pretty pleeeaaaase :D

Good luck with that, most of our guys are busy beating themselves in other countries, if not in Vancouver. Oh, by the way, by most i mean 2 of us...which leaves a whole lot of GN players beating each other in Vancouver

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

PainKiller said:
most of our guys are busy beating themselves in other countries, if not in Vancouver. Oh, by the way, by most i mean 2 of us...which leaves a whole lot of GN players beating each other in Vancouver

Thanks for that.

Listen, we're all fairly openminded individuals here at TTP, and you're certainly well within your rights to take part in whatever activities you and your "buddies" choose. I mean, hey....it is Valentines Day an all......so feel free to go to town with the "beating" thing you mentioned.

However, maybe you should post any further "romantic" plans you have for each other in a different thread. This one is reserved for Soccer talk. ;)

~Skip

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

And of course, anything to do with an LFC dance, cainy in a singlet and don't forget, Guinness' moan of the month.

TrueBlue

Feb 12, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

star #1 said:
He is actually signed as a CAT player, but i wont be surprised if Andy wanted to protest that as well. :D

Hey Star man, no need to protest this one. He probably is signed as a CAT player, for someone, somewhere. But, why isnt he on the friggin list?
Youth Permits etc dont mean squat unless you can prove who is actually on the field. Example, I (or you) list three youth players, but omit their height weight, etc on the team list. The other team doesnt actually know if the "kid" is supposed to be 5'1" or 6'3". You've been doing this for years, playing out of league/district players in on the quiet. So, until you bozos get your act together and start putting all your players on the list and identifying them to the officials, you're going to have troubles. I know you've been doing it so long you think it's a birth right, but it's not!
You know that you've cheated in the past, there is not a GN player who hasn't seen this. I've even spoke to some of your lads about it, but I wont embarass them by naming them on here.
You have some smart guys in your team, get one of them to bring his ethics book home from law school, and explain the principles to your coaches.

TrueBlue

Feb 12, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

LION said:
I was at that game.

Lion, you're watching way too many Friday games for a guy that dumped his last team over supposed work conflicts. Do the Lions have recall rights? Or does that rule not count if you get off the ship before the rats?

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

TrueBlue said:
LION said:
I was at that game.

Lion, you're watching way too many Friday games for a guy that dumped his last team over supposed work conflicts. Do the Lions have recall rights? Or does that rule not count if you get off the ship before the rats?
Very good point by the new Delta mystery man... care to respond Lion?

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

ok enough these cheating allegations, they are frankly bullshite. As a 3rd party, I know 98 % of the guys who play on GN and I can tell you that them bringing in players from other leagues is not true. These guys have played together for a long time and I know they never have outsiders except youth players that they call up.

As for the team lists well yes GN should fill them in correctly, and as an opposition coach you should tell the ref that when he gives you the list. To accuse them of cheating because its not filled in is a little far fetched.

If you got names of guys on GN who said they cheat then I think you should put them out here, cuz I think you got jack squat.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Big T said:
If you got names of guys on GN who said they cheat then I think you should put them out here, cuz I think you got jack squat.

Big T... this is a can of worms you do not want to open, believe me. If you choose not to believe TrueBlue that is your prerogative, but there will be no naming anybody on this site with regard to this issue. I commend you in stepping forward and defending these guys, but it really has fukc all to do with you.

Time to move on.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0