Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup 2005 Pakenham Cup Final

Who will be the 2005 Pakenham Cup Champs??!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since Skippy is off in Vegas, losing his shirt no doubt, I thought it was time to start the official thread for the final. The final is between PAU and Poco, and is to be played on April 3rd at J.O. in Delta. Here are my two cents:

Over the last few years, we've been pretty even with regards to wins and losses. This year we've split the season series, winning a game each.

Poco have some good midfield players in Burkkit (Sp?) and Enrique (TTP handle), and Sliver is solid whether he's in the backline or upfront. They also have a good goalie, however he seems to be preoccupied with running guys over instead of stopping shots these days ;) :D They did not look too convincing in their semi-final win against the Rangers IMO, but will look to put in a better effort in the final.

As for us, we had a bad start to the second half of the season with lots of guys out injured. We've been getting healthy again the last few weeks and have put in the types of performances we are capable of in the cup run. I think that if we play the same way against Poco, we will get the result.

No prediction on the score ;)

Let's hear what everyone thinks... Have at it!!!

Primetime101

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The final score will be 4-2 for peacharch with poco leadining 2-1 at half. PeachArch tie the game on a pk in the second and than add 2 for the win. I have no reasons at all for this prediction it was just the first thing that i thought off. Good Luck to both and may the winner be :wa: :wa: :wa: to the end!

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots of people voting, not so many posting their thoughts. For the love of god, lets hear what people think about the matchup...

Crafty, LFC, Osama, hell I'm even waiting for an idiotic post from Knees United or Guinny :D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Idiotic post

After not watching last weeks games and only 15 minutes played by Peace Arch this year and none for PoCo, I feel I can once again make the most educated of calls here.

However, I must say, for some unknown reason, I feel this year's final, much like last year's final, lacks a little lustre deserving of such a prestigious Cup final.
No excitement whatsoever.
Cainy:
Could you have not gone and walked over to Banks after his match against that Div. 1 team and took off his Keeper's jersey and fcuking stomped all over it?
Or something like that to draw out the masses?
Add some fcuking drama ya wee ginge minge. ;)

Anyhow, I'm torn here.
Should I not give a shite or should I not give a shite?
I think I'll not give a shite due to that Div. 1 team not making it to the final and also my kids' soccer jamboree is on at the same time.

PoCo:
Have never won it (I think) but have been to the dance numerous times.
The long standing players there derserve a sip out of that cup.
Peace Arch:
Have never won it. (I think)
But, some players on Peace Arch I know have won it with SU.
And, other players there have been around long enough that haven't won it who also deserve a chance to hold Precious.

Both sides have been inconsistent this year showing they are capable of beating the best teams in the league and also dropping unneccessary points at other times.

Very close I think.

Sorry Sliver, but I'm cheering for my fellow South Fraser bretheren.

Come on the Peace Arch,

RF

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i talked to a few of the boys from the poco side this past weekend and they have no doubt they'll overpower and not just manhandle but guarantee broken bones and body parts in the pak game. do put into consideration that this was after 2 or 3 beers.
im not convinced that the beers were a factor though.
going by this much confidence, i predict 3-0 win to poco.
2 major injuries to the pau side.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions are useless until the match has been played and you've wagered a tenner, but then it's known as gambling... I guess my "prediction" is irrelivant while also being biased!!! :rolleyes: However, I stated before our 1/4 final vs Delta we'd win and I did the same last week against Whalley... On both occassions I felt we were the better team on paper and knew if we out worked the opposition we will win!!! I feel the same way for the final...

PAU have had a healthy rivalry with Poco for some time now and since I left SU 2-1/2 years ago, things have not changed... Although I do remember LUMPING them back in November 6-1, so Poco definately came out stronger for our last match... In that same 6-1 PAU embarassment, studs up was challenged recklessly by Kirby and suffered a broken bone as a result... (not that studsy would even remember that?) ;) Billy Jackson is also an ex-Poco player and has some deep roots planted there... Banks has become a favourite of the PAU lads for his "dog playing dead" antics... Hell, Guinness himself grew up playing for Poco minor soccer back in the early 80's...

So, no matter how much RF slices it (still upset his beloved Mini-Rangers never made it to the final) this match does have some derby taste to it... Poco also lost in the final last year and they must have a bitter taste left after that??? This is my first cup final in years and most of the PAU lads haven't tasted flats of beer out of the PAK before...
At least half a dozen have partied with the Presidents Cup (old Div. 1 cup), FVSL League cup, VMSL League cup, PCSL trophies, BUT never "precious"...

PAU to take this title for the first time in club history (not including the old White Rock sides that won it)... :knvb: :wa: :bronco:

How'sthatforapredictionsage???

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
just dont forget guinness,
i dont think poco is coming out to play your usual conventional soccer.
tell your boys to keep their head up.

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
Hell, Guinness himself grew up......
FYI...you're a long way from growing up laddy.....
SAGE....

Per your request, a quote from good ol' K's.U. I'm predicting Delta to lose their third Pak Cup game in a row and still be crowned Queen of the Dance....go Delta you rock!!

RF....

Thanks in advance for not coming to the final, this should allow an additional 20 people into the crowded house....FYI, you and jean shorts don't mix. BTW, I think there is a particular someone palying for the Nation who managed a Pak Cup title with the elustrious Surrey F.C. boys.....hummm.....a.k.a. fight night : Springett/Miller in the middle of the ol' Delta Lion ring a bell???

Prediction - Poco will kick it loooong, kick it hiiiiigh and kick it faaaaaar and once again be a bride's maid (if Delta allows it).

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The bounty hunters?

I dont have a prediction on the score, except that it will be a one goal game. The one prediction I will make is that the pau bounty hunters will be nowhere to be found and Banks will raising the cup with both arms, standing on his 2 legs. The one thing Ive learned over the years is when you win say little and when you loose say even less. The same analogy should be used in certain instances. We have all heard it during a game { how bad someone is and what they are going to do to you} and nothing ever happens. Then you not only look stupid but you sound even stupider. just ask some of the Ranger boys ;)
Ps I dont care if stupider is a word or not, you know what i mean....

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knees United said:
BTW, I think there is a particular someone playing for the Nation who managed a Pak Cup title with the elustrious Surrey F.C. boys.....hummm.....a.k.a. fight night : Springett/Miller in the middle of the ol' Delta Lion ring a bell???

I absolutely stand 100% corrected.
A Steve Shuttleworth-under his wing-well taught- young understudy by the name of Matty Cooper was included on that side.
Ah.....the days of crushing Surrey United. :D

Jeanshortsforever

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The bounty hunters?

Osame bin madden said:
The one prediction I will make is that the pau bounty hunters will be nowhere to be found and Banks will raising the cup with both arms, standing on his 2 legs. The one thing Ive learned over the years is when you win say little and when you loose say even less....Then you not only look stupid but you sound even stupider. just ask some of the Ranger boys ;)
Ps I dont care if stupider is a word or not, you know what i mean....

Hey dumb ass....any chance of you reviewing your posts prior to sending them?? I'm sure you're right chuffed with yourself having the means to a computer and all. I'm sure your family is proud of you knowing they finally have "one of their own" who can (somewhat) read & write but for Christ sakes man, is it necessary to use TTP as a practicing ground for your Grade 2 literacy and comprehension? Take your own advice....say nothing!!

FYI....after Delta, Poco was my favorite team. However with "Osame bin Hooked-on-Phonics" waisting everyone's precious time I guess that leaves me no choice but to cheer for PAU next weekend.

Go PAU...

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The bounty hunters?

when you win say little and when you loose say even less.

I'm flattered that you liked that quote enough to try to pawn it off as your own Osame, although you did butcher it tre-men-dously! :D

"When you lose, say little.....and when you win, say less"

I recall using it a couple short years ago, in response to the likes of Bored , Skytrain , and of course yourself popping off about edging us out for the league Championship.

Here's hoping PAU have a lot less to say than Poco do on Monday morning. ;)

~Skip

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Six,

Are you saying I've got a big mouth? :D

Osame "bigger mouth" madden said:
Lets hope you (Sage) bring your all star form to the final.

Careful what you wish for fella. ;)

~S

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
since I left SU 2-1/2 years ago, things have not changed... ??

Did you leave or were you told to leave due to inadequate play. It's funny how individuals see their own demise.

I predict Poco 2-0 against an older more fragile team than poco. A battle of the geezers. Best of luck to Mr. Eddy and folks.

JTL

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: WTF???

Originally posted by: JTL
It's funny how individuals see their own demise.
Demise??? What are you on??? Please tell me it's the diet pills getting into your thick melon and speaking words of encouragement... If you try hard enough, you'll get fat, I mean fit... As a self centred tub of goo, I wouldn't expect you to understand what it takes to be a team player... Nice to see you came back from the dead to have a go at me???:rolleyes:

JTL'sdemiseoccurredwheneatingdonutsbecamemoreimportantthantraining!!! :eek:

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Idiotic post

Skip said:
"When you lose, say little.....and when you win, say less"
I recall using it a couple short years ago, in response to the likes of Bored , Skytrain

Skip ~ could not remember you coming up with a clever quote but do remember the time you are referring of - PoCo had easily won that years league title :D

Rangerforever said:
PoCo:
Have never won it (I think) but have been to the dance numerous times.
The long standing players there derserve a sip out of that cup.

Yes, been to the dance many of times, however PoCo won the pak about 5 years ago against Metro-Ford, they picked some old guy who now plays for PAU as MVP :eek: ;)

Predict shootouts this year or a win in OT, would be good to see the old boys from PoCo win this one.

Skytrain

gladtoseepeoplestillhavenolives

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i'll take the Nation by three over Poco.

Too much depth on that team....and enough vet's to not let this chance at precious slip away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0