Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2005 Presidents Cup Banter

What will the final score be in the President's Final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WRU 2 - 1 Coq. Arsenal (PK)

Yet another match that we had won with under a minute left, only to see the lead disappear on a late marker. Fortunately, we finished off the effort with a 3-0 win in penalties. This seems to be becoming a habit for us :rolleyes: .

Good match today out at SSA, with both teams playing hard and playing clean. Andy reffed a decent match today, if a bit uneven at times, and I feel its fair to say it was not the best form I've seen from him. Full marks to Arsenal, who kept coming at us in the second half as they were much more fit than we and pushed men forward. Their goal was a nice header off a gorgeous free kick that curled just out from the far post, and with three players running on one got to it and knocked it inside the post. Nearly a heartbreaker, had we lost today. Our defence stood up well to their pressure, holding them out of the 18 for most of the second half, and when they did break through we played them offside. Arsenal are a decent, young squad with some good skill, but we should have been able to put them away by going up by two. In the end, it all worked out as we got the result and are heading off to the Quarters to represent 2A along with both NDFC squads. An enjoyable match to play today, preparing for Aldergrove next Sunday.

~Shaven

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
WRU 2 - 1 Coq. Arsenal (PK)

Yet another match that we had won with under a minute left, only to see the lead disappear on a late marker. Fortunately, we finished off the effort with a 3-0 win in penalties. This seems to be becoming a habit for us :rolleyes: .

Good match today out at SSA, with both teams playing hard and playing clean. Andy reffed a decent match today, if a bit uneven at times, and I feel its fair to say it was not the best form I've seen from him. Full marks to Arsenal, who kept coming at us in the second half as they were much more fit than we and pushed men forward. Their goal was a nice header off a gorgeous free kick that curled just out from the far post, and with three players running on one got to it and knocked it inside the post. Nearly a heartbreaker, had we lost today. Our defence stood up well to their pressure, holding them out of the 18 for most of the second half, and when they did break through we played them offside. Arsenal are a decent, young squad with some good skill, but we should have been able to put them away by going up by two. In the end, it all worked out as we got the result and are heading off to the Quarters to represent 2A along with both NDFC squads. An enjoyable match to play today, preparing for Aldergrove next Sunday.

~Shaven

1-1 tie....not many goals and it took PK's....I should work for the Vegas Line :D

B

Blahzay

It has come to my attention that the elite 8 of the cup consists of 3 teams from 2A, 3 from 2B, 2 from div 3 and 0 from 2C. I just thought I would point that out for no particular reason. :cool:

B

Blahzay

shaven said:
it all worked out as we got the result and are heading off to the Quarters to represent 2A along with both NDFC squads.
Also just to set the record straight, our club is called "North Delta" not NDFC. "FC" is our team name just like the Titans are the other ND teams name your refering to.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:
Also just to set the record straight, our club is called "North Delta" not NDFC. "FC" is our team name just like the Titans are the other ND teams name your refering to.

Fair enough, my error...didn't know that. Thanks for setting me straight on this Blahz.

~Shaven

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This post is for all the 2B lads...who can tell me anything at all about the Aldergrove Warriors? We've drawn them in the Quarter Final this weekend, and have absolutely no information on them at all. I was hoping that perhaps any of the 'canes lads, or perhaps Franchise can give me a heads-up as to what to expect from Alder on Sunday. I have looked at their record, but really that tells me very little other than they usually struggle to score, but don't give up many either. So, how 'bout it? Anyone help me out?

~Shaven

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
look at post #339 the quoted information is a report on Aldergrove. I asked the same question a week a ago.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
okay folks its mid week and the caup games are fast approaching..
ndfc vs stars
titans vs bullets
hurricanes vs rovers
white rock vs aldergrove

those are the four games so lets hear some perdictions for them..ill say
ndfc 3-0
titans 3-1
hurricanes 4-2
aldergrove 2-1 pks
sorry shaven no hard feelings i hope..im pulling for you guys....im sure ill be out there to watch your games seeing as we play on sat night although if we win might not be up by 12 next day......good luck..

oh yea on last thing i wanted to mention although its already been said..there are no 2c teams left..i thought we were going to wait till the cup run to show the strenth of the division..well anyone in 2c here read this carefully......3 2a teams (ndfc,titans,whiterock) 3 2b teams (hurricanes,stars,aldergrove) 2div 3 teams..so very well done 2c i guess you guys really showed your stuff when it mattered.....you stink....out

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDFC 5-1 (Stars give up way too much scoring chances to keep this one close)

Titans 2-0 (Titans will dominate but struggle to finish chances so 2-0 sounds about right)

Hurricanes 3-0 (we may rest some guys for important league game on Tuesday, but we will not be unprepared like we were playin the Minors. we will be focused).

Aldergrove 3-2 (aldergrove is a real sleeper and play their system well. this will be a great game but i think aldergrove will pull it out).

dopeashell said:
ndfc vs stars
titans vs bullets
hurricanes vs rovers
white rock vs aldergrove

those are the four games so lets hear some perdictions for them..ill say
ndfc 3-0
titans 3-1
hurricanes 4-2
aldergrove 2-1 pks

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think ndfc takes it 4-0, titans take it 2-1. we take 5-0, and aldergrove might take it 2-1. Should be a great weekend of soccer, hopefully noone chokes and we all have great semi finals to look foward too!

dopeashell said:
ndfc vs stars
titans vs bullets
hurricanes vs rovers
white rock vs aldergrove

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dopeashell said:
aldergrove 2-1 pks
sorry shaven no hard feelings i hope..im pulling for you guys...good luck..

No hard feelings here...by all predictions, our match will be a close one, and we all know that close games can and often do go either way, so I'm not deterred by the one-goal predicted wins for Aldergrove. Hope to see you and your ND boys at the pitch on Sunday.

~Shaven

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
08star said:
approaching..
ndfc vs stars
titans vs bullets
hurricanes vs rovers
white rock vs aldergrove

Easy predictions here

NDFC 5-0 over Stars

Titans 3-0 over Bullets

Hurricanes 4-1 over Rovers with six charlie horses and two swollen ankles

Aldergrove 2-0 over Moby Dicks Fish and Chips :D Funny hey Shaven

Semi Finals

Titans over Aldergrove 2-1 Shoot-outs Good lord Titians are not a top two team

NDFC 2-1 over Nando's Bucket of Chicken Shoot-out Bulljive with the winner and Dopeashell handing me a beer in victory.......NDFC goes on to win provincials because the Knights should have won it last year.....

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose its my turn to opine on this weekend's Quarter Final matches, so here goes...

NDFC vs SFC Stars ~ Prediction: NDFC 3-1...I think this match will be a bit closer than most seem to believe, with the Stars giving NDFC a good run and making them work for it. ND is still the stronger side, and will prevail, but the Stars should give a good effort.

ND Titans vs SFC Bullets ~ Prediction: 3-2 (PK's)...I honestly cannot pick a winner here, as it is my opinion that these two squads match up quite well against each other, with the Bullets being very sound defensively with only 14 GA in league play and more than twice that in GF, and the Titans not being on good form lately, which they have been the first to admit. I think this game will be fast, competitive, and could go either way. A fence-sitting prediction, perhaps, but I believe a fair one.

Hurricanes vs DFC Rovers ~ Prediction: 4-3 'Canes...The 'canes should take this one, but I also think that they face a pretty good test here, with DFC hardly being a slouch squad. This is a squad that can score big, and is decent defensively as well. I do not think that they can beat the 'canes, who seem quite on form now, but I do think they will push them until full time.

WRU vs Aldergrove Warriors ~ Prediction: None...I'm going to break from form and leave my own match alone here, if for no other reason that apparently we are the underdogs in this one based upon the TTP opinions. We will be at full strength, and will leave my talking for Sunday on the pitch. Hope we see a good crowd out to take in our match though, being as we're the only one's playing Sunday.

~Shaven

P.S. Franchise, you are soooooooo funny.... :rolleyes:

TheRegulator

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Canes have nothing to do with SUFC and no need to drag their name down by associating them with SUFC! My predictions for this weekend are:
NDFC 6-1 over the Stars
Hurricanes 4-1 over Rovers
Titans 2-1 over Bullets
Aldergrove 3-2 in PKs over WRU
I am not sure how the Stars have made it this far but NDFC will end their run in fine fashion. Canes will be pretty mad after their last game against GEU and will put the Rovers away early. Titans will allow the Bullets to keep it close but will pull out the win. Aldergrove and WRU will be a good game and will be decided in PKs. Aldergrove has played relatively well all year and is streaking at the right time. They will pull it out.

shaven said:
SUFC Hurricanes vs DFC Rovers ~ Prediction: 4-3 'Canes...until full time.
:

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRegulator said:
The Canes have nothing to do with SUFC and no need to drag their name down by associating them with SUFC!

Shaven - the Canes left SUFC last year.

Regulator - did you just say that ??!! Are you that stupid or do you really want to open a can of worms ?? The way I see it, if you want to slag our club and open your twat, then I suggest you let me know so I can stick my boot in it. I'm ready when you are, but talk it over with your boys first.

Big T :mad:

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big T said:
Shaven - the Canes left SUFC last year.

Fair call, I was not aware of that. Apologies to all who I may have offended.
Regulator, eeeeeeeasy big fella.

I've made the appropriate edit to my post.

~Shaven

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDFC goes on to win provincials because the Knights should have won it last year.....[/QUOTE] (The Franchise)

NDFC will not go on the win the provincials because they are too skilled. If the provincials are played on the same feilds as last year a bunch of monkeys could win it. Last year Campbell River won the provincials and we spanked them on the UVIC turf in the round robin. The other feilds are crap and the holes in the ground dictate the result.

B

Blahzay

midman said:
NDFC will not go on the win the provincials because they are too skilled. If the provincials are played on the same feilds as last year a bunch of monkeys could win it. Last year Campbell River won the provincials and we spanked them on the UVIC turf in the round robin. The other feilds are crap and the holes in the ground dictate the result.
The provincials are held in Burnaby/Coquitlam this year and I hope they remember to cut the grass this time, what a joke Victoria was. I also hope there will be free massages again, eh hoodrat maybe you'll get lucky and be rubbed down by the only male masseuse again. :bronco:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0