Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2005 Presidents Cup Banter

What will the final score be in the President's Final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Titans 2-0 Bullets

Well, same old story, we completely control the game and create many chances and come out with two goals. They had no quality chances the whole game as our D held fast throughout. Unfortunately, 30 seconds into the game I went into a heavy challenge with one of their players and he got the worst of it. JB said it was a fair tackle as I got the ball in a 50-50 opportunity. Hope the guy is ok as they took him to the hospital. I have to agree with Champlain on this turf thing, it's there, it's legal, and it's staying. Would I prefer first class grass fields? Yes, anyone would. Would I play on Hammond instead of a turf field? No, quite honestly teams that play kick and run like the wolves are better suited for it. And franchise, you guys play on grass, is that why you guys are so far down because that seems to be your logic, bad teams do poorly on grass. Remember, you did lose to us when we were on an off-day on grass, enjoy your summer.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove 6-2 Over white rock

Both teams looked pretty shitty in my opinion. Aldergrove works really hard boots the ball down the field and runs all day. i thought the white rock goalkeeper was absolutly horrible today. I would have said 3 or 4 were his fault alone but he really wasn't getting to much help from the defense. Shaven nice goal...... :D It will be a pretty good tilt between the titans and aldergrove... I can guarantee one thing it will be an ugly game to watch.

Signed: my eyes hurt

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Easy predictions here

NDFC 5-0 over Stars

Titans 3-0 over Bullets

NDFC 2-1 over Nando's Bucket of Chicken Shoot-out Bulljive with the winner and Dopeashell handing me a beer in victory.......NDFC goes on to win provincials because the Knights should have won it last year.....

Can't get much closer then that.....NDFC to win provincials and the semi's next week.....hopefully they play the noon game so I can take it in :)

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain's Keeper said:
According to Law #1 under the laws of the game on FIFA it says and I quote, "Matches may be played on natural or artificial surfaces, according to the rules of the competition."

So since your league allows turf quit whining and play the f'n game. You all sound like a bunch of biatches. The only difference I find is that the game moves faster on turf.

well said keep. everyone here sounds like a bunch of fcukin crybabies. grass like turf is F.I.F.A. aproved. whoever thinks that playing on turf alows shite teams to be better is crazy. the fact of the matter is that both teams on that particular day are playing on the exact same fcukin pitch with the same ball and the same weather so the better team should win. stop making up excuses for your losses and try to get practice time on a turf so you can get used to it, because if the past 2 yrs are any indication of whats to come, then in about 5 yrs we will playing on turf all the time.

my squad does play our home games on the little sanbox know as sands, and have WON every single game their this year. if you ask me, if we moved all those games to the turf field the only differance would be that we would score more goals. QUIT BLAMING THE FCUKIN FIELDS FOR YOUR TEAMS SHITEE OUTINGS~......please ;)

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jack The Lad said:
. The Scottish Premier League is banning turf and I think the FVSL league should do the same. This is my opinion
JTL

ok fine, ..............heres mine...............just cause you call it a premier league, doesn't mean it is :D :eek: :D :D

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
well said keep. everyone here sounds like a bunch of fcukin crybabies. grass like turf is F.I.F.A. aproved. whoever thinks that playing on turf alows shite teams to be better is crazy. the fact of the matter is that both teams on that particular day are playing on the exact same fcukin pitch with the same ball and the same weather so the better team should win. stop making up excuses for your losses and try to get practice time on a turf so you can get used to it, because if the past 2 yrs are any indication of whats to come, then in about 5 yrs we will playing on turf all the time.

How does playing on turf make anyone think that shite teams will be better? Turf just makes the game go faster and the bounces will all be the same. If anything a pitch like the GEU Wolves play on makes the shite teams better because of the condition it is in and the fact that the ball can go in any direction if it hits certain spots. Myself I prefer,like all of you, a nice grass pitch but there are only so many around and the higher leagues get priority and instead of a cow pasture I'd rather play on turf. I say this because for a year I played on Eagleridge park and I am lucky to not get an injury on that crap pitch unlike my bro who stepped in a divot and dislocated his ankle, if that was turf it wouldn't have happened. Anyways I've said enough I just don't see how some people think a shite team has an advantage on that stuff.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
totally agree... shite teams are at a disadvantage if anything. Thats why they always complain after losing.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
4 for 4 this weekend, with 2 scores bang on and only 1 goal off on the North Delta game. I should have been in Vegas this weekend!

Bulljive, I noticed you said you guys would be missing players on Sunday. If you guys are interested in moving the game to turf on Saturday night, that would be fine with us as we've got a couple of guys struggling to get this Sunday off from work. Your turf or our turf doesn't matter. Talk to your coach and if you guys are interested, we can try talking to the league.

Hurricane Power said:
NDFC 5-1 (Stars give up way too much scoring chances to keep this one close)

Titans 2-0 (Titans will dominate but struggle to finish chances so 2-0 sounds about right)

Hurricanes 3-0 (we may rest some guys for important league game on Tuesday, but we will not be unprepared like we were playin the Minors. we will be focused).

Aldergrove 3-2 (aldergrove is a real sleeper and play their system well. this will be a great game but i think aldergrove will pull it out).

B

Blahzay

The main guy we're worried about missing will be in Chicago the whole weekend, he has arguably been our MVP this year. If we could change the game to a weekday or a week later that would be :wa:. I would like to see our game be played at night on turf as well since I'm questioning the quality of the feild at NAP, plus Sunday mornings can be a time of recovering from the night before for some :( but I'm sure our team will be sober before such a big game. All in all though I can't see the league changing the time or place considering it's the semis.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't see the game getting changed. We have had guys take off work and stuff so a change is probably a bit late. unless the change was a week delay it doesn't help us. It's unfortunate this player is missing because he is a huge reason why we have done as well as we have. Not having him their definitly changes the odds in vegas but we still like our chances. The field is in pretty shite condition I took a look at it on the weekend.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
get that game moved to sat night if you can boys. there's a lot of people who want to watch it but are hindered by meaningless league games(me included).

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking foward to the showdown against a good ndfc squad on sunday!
We played a really good team game on saturday against a solid rovers team, the game was clean and there foward number 9 was a really good soccer player, hes the best foward we've faced all year. Our defense has been playing great as of late, and i feel confident going into this game against ndfc on the weekend. This is definitly going to be the finals and if anyone wants to come out and see a great game of soccer played, they should come out and watch on sunday. Bulljive dopeashell any predictions for sunday?

Oh ya and we're going to absolutly beat the crap out of the coyotes on tuesday.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
since we've moved over to this thread now i'll start it off.
thecanes rovers game in my eyes was very onesided.60-40 posecion my ass guru!! the only time dewdney had the ball in the second was within their own 30yrds, and when they got it they would simply boot it up the field as hard as they could.
i got there just after the second started so i can't speak on the first but the canes had the ball almost the whole 2nd half. how many times did they pass the ball around there entire d line and give it to the keeper, then work it up the field one pass at a time for a chance. i saw at least 4. thats what you call ball control. i didn't see any cards given out so my appoligies for that, but i still saw some late, pro fouls that should have been cards(i thought) and an intentional hand ball that should have been a card.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
08star said:
Looking foward to the showdown against a good ndfc squad on sunday!

Oh ya and we're going to absolutly beat the crap out of the coyotes on tuesday.

Is that a threat? :eek:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it's stupid that both the semis are at the same time. NDFC, National bank, and the titans are all going to be playing at the same time on sunday which means their goes half our fan base. I also would have liked to see the other semifinal. i wish they could have coordinated it so we could watch the Pak cup as well a whole afternoon of soccer. Anyway 08 star no predictions i Know you want us to talk shite because you guys thrive off it but it isn't going to happen. it would have been nice if we had a tough game in the last few weeks 11-0 in the last 2 games not much of a warm-up for a tilt like this. Looking forward to sunday..... i hope it ends like this :wa:

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru to answer your question from the now closed dfc thread i was number 6 on saturday.
I also agree with you on this one bulljive, why the hell are the two semis at the same time? It would be nice to see your eventual opponent play. And actually we dont really need any extra motivation for this upcoming game because its already a high stakes game becuase its a rematch of last years finals and its the two best teams competing to get to the finals this year.
I dont really agree with your summary of the game on saturday guru. I dont think we were tooting our own horn in any way, no one on our team was chirping and we were just playing a ball controlled second half. We had much more possesion and like walls said we were working the ball around our whole backline to our keeper and then working it up the field on the ground again. I thought we played really well considering we were missing our top foward to a red card and having only one youth player.
But anways to answer your dumb question sheep, that was not a threat, i didnt mean it literally all i meant was that we're going to dominate and the score will dictate it.

Keeper #1

Dec 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive, I am not the canes keeper, although am a great supporter. I play in Div. 1 VMSL. Any predictions on the upcoming game. Canes 2-0 over NDFC. and 3-0 over whom ever is in the final.

Keeper #1

Dec 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive, I saw the game on Saturday and the Canes look in fine shape especially their keeper, two great saves by him. Have fun beating him.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And so you should 06Star. We beat them 4 -1 a couple of weeks ago, so I can't imagine how bad you are going to beat them.

As for the NDFC Canes game this weekend, it’s almost to close to call. NDFC's goals against this season is extremely impressive and they will be difficult to score on. On the other hand the Canes are extremely offensive and have many guys that can put the ball in the net. Whoever wins this game will probably win by one goal. I’m calling it in pk's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0