Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2005 Presidents Cup Banter

What will the final score be in the President's Final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Titans 1-0 Aldergrove

All ND final. Game was clean, refereeing was decent, very few opportunities for either team, but the better team won. The wind was hell so we kept the ball on the deck for the majority of the game. Our goal came about 15 min in off just a beautifully struck free kick play a la the clones long ball free kicks, and finished with a wonderful header that left their goalie wishing he had a chance on it. After that, we had a few more chances but decided to sit on our lead and hold it, and we did. They had a great chance with about five min left that their big striker blasted into our keep's hands. Not a pretty win, but we'll take it.

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
went out to newton to watch the hurricanes and ndfc game.....great and exciiting game to watch....but ndfc deserved it....i cant wait to see wat hurricanes have to say about this....hurricanes do talk alot of smack but they have been backin it up as of late but it was bound to catch up to them and today they got shut up....

hey hurricanes....come out come out wherever u are

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No excuses from us. We are in the middle of a poker tourney which is why no response. Congrats to NDFC on the win. They played a great game today and got the win. It was scoreless at halftime. We went up 1-0 early in the 2nd half. We had several glorious chances to go up 2-0 in the 2nd half, but couldn't capitalize. With about 4 mins to go in regulation, NDFC tied the game. Bulljive scored a nice goal in the 1st OT to put NDFC up 2-1. Delta scored another goal late in the 2nd OT as we were pushin for the tieing goal. By the way, #7 which I believe was dopashell, played an amazing game on the backline for Delta. Congrats to NDFC on the win and good luck in the finals. Today was a great game and it was fun to finally have some high level competition. We'll be looking for redemption in the promotion tournament in April.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree hurricane power Dopeashell played an awesome game. Considering he hasn't played defense in about a year he stepped it up huge although I thought our whole defensive line played really well as usual. Our other center defensemen (hoodrat) played a really solid game shutting people down all over the park. The game definitly could have gone different ways if I had of scored my two glorious chances early or if you guys scored too go up 2-0 the game would have looked much different. I thought we deserved the win on the day but their was plenty of chances at both ends. i thought the field was in pretty rough shape and the wind made the game interesting to play. It was a hard fought clean game, no chirping either way, it was awesome to play in a tight competitive match like that it's been a while for me. series is 1-1 the round robin will be fun.

hoodrat

Mar 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
good match i had great fun.
much respect to the canes as they were the first team this year to give us a scare.
cant wait for next time. div 1 here we come
NDFC final.
the cups comin to our club.
good job lads

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a really tight,clean, hard fought game game. We were missing our reigining mvp due to a red card but i believe ndfc was also missing a top player to vacation as well. The game was great to play in, really fun and skillfull, bulljive played a solid game and dopeshell played a great game as well. They finished their chances and we didnt, they fully deserved the win. That was the final, and both teams played very hard. We havent lost since sept 28th and it was hard to take. Like bulljive said the series is 1-1 and we do have a game coming up in few weeks for promotion so that will be interesting, and also we have a big game against the clones coming up that we will win handily i believe because i believe this was a wakeup call and the hurricanes always come out strong after a bad performance. Ndfc showed a lot of class and i hope they win the final cause they deserve it and its really a great rivalry between us and i cant wait to play them in a few weeks. They were like us last year, they just wanted it more. Anyways, we'll be looking foward to our next meeting.
bulljive said:
I agree hurricane power Dopeashell played an awesome game. Considering he hasn't played defense in about a year he stepped it up huge although I thought our whole defensive line played really well as usual. Our other center defensemen (hoodrat) played a really solid game shutting people down all over the park. The game definitly could have gone different ways if I had of scored my two glorious chances early or if you guys scored too go up 2-0 the game would have looked much different. I thought we deserved the win on the day but their was plenty of chances at both ends. i thought the field was in pretty rough shape and the wind made the game interesting to play. It was a hard fought clean game, no chirping either way, it was awesome to play in a tight competitive match like that it's been a while for me. series is 1-1 the round robin will be fun.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmm...if my memory serves me correctly, and it usually does, 08star will now post no more on TTP due to the fact that the 'canes have now lost a match. Can anyone confirm my memory for me? :D :wa:

~Shaven

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Hmm...if my memory serves me correctly, and it usually does, 08star will now post no more on TTP due to the fact that the 'canes have now lost a match. Can anyone confirm my memory for me? :D :wa:

~Shaven

Not to open up a can of worms but was he including Cup play in that statement? I know he made that prediction after they lost 2 games in the league and everybody said they won't go up and in league they haven't lost since. Just curious as to what his intent was, if he meant league and cup then bye bye 08star.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Hurricanes vs NDFC will be a great rivalry for many years to come as we both push towards a spot in Premiership. Like you said, it was a clean, hard fought game in which North Delta came up with the bigger plays when needed. There were no ugly goals and both teams created quality chances. We'll be supporting NDFC in the final as they really do deserve the Cup with the season, start to finish, that they have had this year.

bulljive said:
It was a hard fought clean game, no chirping either way, it was awesome to play in a tight competitive match like that it's been a while for me. series is 1-1 the round robin will be fun.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
No more 08 star.....good bye.

Did I predict NDFC IN Overtime....I think I did :D

i didn't believe it when i heard it, but after looking through the archives i've come to a realisation that a certain hurricane DID promise that if they ever lost again this year he would never post on this site again. you guys had a hell of a game, but i hope you have a huge mouth, cause it might take a tow truck to pull your foot out of it. :eek:

anyways though, helluva game played by both today. a couple unfinished chances either way and who knows what coud've been.

as for the toilet bowl........... well, lets just say its ND vs. ND in the finals.... a real manifest destiny.

NDFC 3---TITANS 1

PS- to all involved in the finals today...........GREAT FCUKIN GAME. one of the best i've witnessed in a long time. both sides of the ball.

08 star, shitty deal man.......you had a solid game today but be true to your word and leave this site with your head up before someonr pulls out an actual quote.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
08star said:
It was a really tight,clean, hard fought game game. We were missing our reigining mvp due to a red card but i believe ndfc was also missing a top player to vacation as well. .

not to be a dcik or anything but......i believe that TTP will also be missing one of thier strars for a while..........an 08STAR!!!!!
you had a nice run, but fcuk off now and try and give your chaps a chance at div one.

NO MORE POSTS FROM YOU!!!!!!!!

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
well its been said over and over but it was a hell of a game today..play was back and forth with lots of great chances in regulation...canes scored off a great free kick then we tied it up with about 8min to go....when overtime hit im sure both teams were a little worried..the canes came out in ot moving the ball very well and almost scored a few times...hit the post on the header then another our golie gobbled it up...as ot weared on we started to get some chances as well. i rung one of the bar,then bulljive scored a beauty,then they pressed for goal and we scored one late in the second ot......great game though i wish i could have watched it or had it taped cause it really was exciting.....Canes played well but on that day we got the better of them...whos to say what will happen next time...no cheapshots taken,no yellows or reds,no shite talking, it was just a hard,clean soccer games which i forgot felt like after playing half the teams in div 2..was nice to actually play a good team and just play....cheers boys see ya in a few weeks.....

so ND vs ND finals...interesting seeing as we have played them twice this year and they are a part of our club....should be good game cause i know the get jacked to play us...looking forward to drinks after..be ready boys the shows in 2 weeks...out

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great, game!

After all the talk and piss takes, it was awesome to see two teams play a hard 120 minutes without any real nastiness. Hurricanes Keeper may disagree, but he took the knock well and there was nothing in retaliation (Made one helluva stop after). When two teams respect eachother, as much as these two do, it shows. Both these teams are headed for Div 1 and both proved they belong up there on Sunday. That was not Div 2 ball!!

Congrats to NDFC, the boys had most of the ball through out and forced the canes into a counter attacking game style. Canes had some glorious chances but except for a few untidy moments, the NDFC back line held. All four goals were brilliant. Some stand out performances, and clutch striking from the usual suspects.

The boys on ND tend to pop off maybe a little more than the usual, but when you back it up...it's all good.

So it will be an all ND final...After last years disappointment...

FC 4, Titans 0

Sorry Titans, don't really like you anyway ;)

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Backline16 said:
Both these teams are headed for Div 1 and both proved they belong up there on Sunday. That was not Div 2 ball!!

)

what needs to be done by the canes to get into the round robin???win?...tie?.. does it matter???
sleepless in north delta~

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
what needs to be done by the canes to get into the round robin???win?...tie?.. does it matter???
sleepless in north delta~

Looks like a tie would do it...

Or am I missing something??

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are right, a tie will do it for us. Will be a tough task against the Clones though. They are the Minnesota Wild of FVSL and bottled us up pretty good last time. It's going to be a tight game...

Backline16 said:
Looks like a tie would do it...

Or am I missing something??

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:
You are right, a tie will do it for us. Will be a tough task against the Clones though. They are the Minnesota Wild of FVSL and bottled us up pretty good last time. It's going to be a tight game...

i thought the wild were young fit and fast ? hang on i'll go look in the mirror i don't see young fit and fast . the bottle part might be right though we do like our pint's

and we will be in tough with five regulars missing(we dont have starters) some on holidays and some with suspensions.but we will be ready i dont want anybody saying it we handed the title to you.you will have to work for it !
and this should be in another thread ?

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
and on to the correct thread .it is nice to see the young nd titans make it to the final win or lose. they gained my respect with the way they handled themselves before and after our cup match . good luck to them as they are in tough and are a solid underdog.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
thanks curious, we just wanted to keep our promise we made after we played you guys, we are underdogs in the finals and we would not want it any other way. we have been the whole year as we were written off early on in the year and came around and had some strong games down the stretch. If NDFC play anything like they did on Sunday, we will be in even tougher than we were the last two times out against them. Regardless, it should be a solid match and we cant wait for the third to come fast enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0