Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Masters Cup - Round 1 Results & Quarters Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
UVIC - sleeper from the island
SU - no Muzz but Homi's back..team depth is the key
Columbus + Inter ...all Ital semi

...but there is always the Merkl factor:rolleyes:

not to get too far ahead of ourselves...but where are the semi's?

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Sir M I was talking about big:eek: Brad Baker!!!!! And if not who is playing in goal, I know Jason will not be.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
OK, let's try this... Sir M, is B-rad in net?

Let me put it this way, we have 3 goaltenders on our roster, but Eagles at the moment is the only one available for selection as one as far as I know is still hurt and the other is 34. Eagles played last week as well (He probably played 7 or so games this year).

Other outfield players that could play in goal in the event of injury would be Spada, Slee or Besty. I have no hesitation about the big guy, he has played well all year and deserves to be in there, and contrary to other opinions voiced on this thread, he is in fact a goaltender and a good one at that. We could have signed another goaltender at the end but opted not to.

Having said that I think this game will be a shootout and whoever has the most bullets will probably win...we have all of our attacking players back now.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter: I think he meant to say quicker...In any case, it will be a good match especially if Merks is in the pipes. To hoser, we've played "both" goalies all year long. You don't finish in second(VMSL) with just a good goalie by the way..Last time I looked through balls were not a fluke. I think I've had a few of them.

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
how about Cheek-a-leek...........will he be making an appearance for West Van?

by the way Hose, what are you doing on the computer when the sun is out.......shouldn't you be working on your tan? ;)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sarge said:
how about Cheek-a-leek...........will he be making an appearance for West Van?

by the way Hose, what are you doing on the computer when the sun is out.......shouldn't you be working on your tan? ;)

Chico has been the big signing for the BCs!! Stay tuned for the thigh slap toe punch Sarge!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When you say big, do you mean big as unbelieveable or big as in B-rad/Eagles?

:D

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When you say big, do you mean big as unbelieveable or big as in B-rad/Eagles?

Regs,

Lets just say neither B-Rad or Cheek-a-leek have to wear a bike helmet.:eek:

JAGS

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have taken a good portion of the week to digest Sir M's Power Rankings, and even had the opportunity to pick the brain of British Columbia's Masters version of Jimmy The Greek last night after training, while having a pint or three and a large meat lovers pizza (no stupid comments please, as Dickens was there and Jua got lost on the way to the same pub we go to every freakin week) at the Serengetti. :p

I will go with the following:

Surrey Rangers 2 v. UVIC 1 ........ have not seen Coach's squad play this year, but with Shuey and Andy (don't call me Herman) Maier up front, they are a tough duo to match up with. If UVIC does have Ian Bridge (over troubled waters), he can only match up against one of them, and that will leave the other to expose the UVIC defence. A scouting mission for Sir M, Dickens and JAGS is on the Saturday afternoon agenda, so hopefully Coach has the cooler well stocked with import beers for our journey out that way.:D

Surrey Utd. 3 v. Firemen 0 ......... Surrey thumped Firemen last year at this stage of the competition. I don't believe it will be a thumping this time out, but Surrey is too powerful and Firemen are just getting a touch old, with no young blood being added to the squad. I was off a touch on the number of times Regs would pull off the 'move' and also him not tallying one. This week I will go with the 'move' being used twice and Regs getting one on the scoresheet (Regs, please note my TTP membership renewal is up soon, so hoping to get a cut rate with positive comments like this:D :D ).

Columbus 1 v. WVFC 3 ...... We have the full compliment of bodies this week with the return of Eddie and Spada. Rude will shut Benji out of the game and Sal will be also kept close in check. Bro will notch a couple off the fivehead, as he will have a significant bounce to his step since getting the green light for Palm Springs this week. :cool: I don't know who is happier about Palm Springs ........ Bro, the Spiced Rum distributors of Palm Springs or the owners of the Village Pub.;)

Inter 2 v. Westside 1 ...... Rob Z. the difference again in this game. Battle of two quality keepers with Merkl and Zambrano. Inter just have that bit more pace to them, which will prove to be the difference. Tony Simone will score the winner .......... no, not on a free kick ........ but it will deflect it in off his significant amount of back hair, or is that a sweater??;)

Best of luck to all this weekend.

JAGS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey thumped Firemen last year at this stage of the competition
We did?

While I can't remember who we played, I'm pretty sure it wasn't Scottyshell and the boys.

Regs, please note my TTP membership renewal is up soon, so hoping to get a cut rate with positive comments like this
Noted.

Good luck to all this weekend with exception to the usual suspects (FireRangersMen) :D

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

Actually, it was Rangers who thumped them. My bad. That is why I play Masters ......... it allows me to have a similar memory as all the other people over 35 years old.

JAGS

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The spelling is Meyer.
It was the Rangers that beat us
No injuries to key players like last year
Last weekend was only one of the lineups we use
Last time I looked I think we are all still playing the same guys we did in Open Premier...old...we're not the only ones lads!
We'll see what happens Sunday
Cheers!

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
"but it will deflect it in off his significant amount of back hair, or is that a sweater??"

Yeah, he scores about as much as you do jags...Good thing we don't rely on him taking penos as he missed one against WV early in the year. We'll just keep him out wide on the backline.

My predictions:

SFC/UVIC -a close one. Something tells me the Vic team will show up. They'll need to against the big boys. A win for the Surrey boys with or without RF.

SU/FF -Scotty is right. They missed numerous guys last year. Will be close....FF 1-0

Columbus/WV I'd love to see the IT's lose. But they won't.
5-4 in a shootout.

WFC/Us -We'll win a close one. Maybe on a fluke goal by Zambrano...

SCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0