Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2007 Copa America

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those of you looking for some top notch soccer in this rather lean part of the year, GolTV is showing Copa America, which features some of the best National sides in the world. Currently Uruguay, featuring Villereal's Diego Forlan, is trailing Peru 1-0, who feature, among others, PSV's Jefferson Farfan. Uruguay is also staffed by players from such clubs as Internazionale of Milan, Real Madrid, Porto, and Valencia. Peru also has players from PSG, Hamburg, Bayern Munich, and Cruz Azul. Its a double header this eve, with the second game being Venezuela vs Bolivia. I am pretty sure USA plays Argentina on Thursday, and if memory serves Mexico will be up against Brazil in the next day or two.

There is a Bolivian club side, by the way, called, "The Strongest".

Excellent team name, by the way.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Venezuela v Bolivia was very entertaining for a couple of the lower ranked teams -- looks like it will be a great tourney.

Now if we could only get the Thirsty Penguin to purchase a digital box!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chile plays Ecuador at 330 our time today, and then its Mexico vs Brazil at 545 PM.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mexico, despite being outshot 18-5, handed the World Champions Brazil a 2-0 defeat this evening. Game of the day tomorrow is Argentina against USA. Donovan is "above" playing in this tournament apparently: too busy...big match coming up with Chicago Fire or someone. But for Argentina... Crespo, Teves, Heinze, Mascherano, Veron, Riquelme, Messi et al have found time to represent their country in this tournament.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mexico, despite being outshot 18-5, handed the World Champions Brazil a 2-0 defeat this evening

I have a feeling the Wops might have a thing or two to say about Brazil being world champs.

What a line-up for the Argies. The Yanks could get humiliated worse than KNVB at Wreck Beach in the summer.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, yeah...I forgot. Should be an interesting US/Argentina match this eve.

Brazil have a number of players (Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Adriano, Kaka) that are not at this tournament, but I don't really blame them as most of those guys played a ton in Europe this last year. And Brazil, despite last night's score still had a dominant lineup without them all.

But the Americans? So they miss 1 or 2 MSL games...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That GolTV commentator is THE most annoying person in the world.

Seriously, shut the fcuk up motor-mouth! :mad:

The American player is a warrior for having the intensity to argue for a throw-in?

---

Argies 4 - 1 USA

Clinic in the second half, Messi is a great player (duh) and Riqulme (sp?) isn't bad either :D

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wondered if anybody else noticed that. He was doing allot of the Spanish stuff that GOL was showing as well. I am relatively tolerant of most when you get to watch the best soccer possible, but he is ridiculous. Who makes those decisions that that is what/who the average guy wants to listen to? Way over the top.

That GolTV commentator is THE most annoying person in the world.

Seriously, shut the fcuk up motor-mouth! :mad:

The American player is a warrior for having the intensity to argue for a throw-in?

---

Argies 4 - 1 USA

Clinic in the second half, Messi is a great player (duh) and Riqulme (sp?) isn't bad either :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
At one point the announcer stated,

"The Americans have some key players away playing in Europe...such as Landon Donovan".

Give me strength.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
USA lost today to Paraguay, and on TV right now is Argentina vs Colombia, which so far is a very good game. Crespo just did his thigh taking a PK, which is not good news for Argentina...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0